IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Sunday March 17th

markjazzbassist

6 minutes ago, badaids said:

Wonder what Barkley meant by the clapping?  Was he trying to provoke, or to placate Goodison?  Seemed to me to be the latter, which would be a good gesture considering all the bants he got.

I thought he kissed the Chelsea badge first.

Bernard, for a player whose supposed to be a dribbler, always seems too nervous to try and beat his man.  He's always jinking and turning and trying to wrong foot them, but never actually wants to go past his opponent.  On that break it was dying for him to go past the guy was tracking him instead of just fannying around and ending up with a shit pass.

Well that was a much better 2nd half. Ironically, I dont think we were actually that good, but they all at least raised their level to the bare minimum of what is required and as a result we competed with an average Chelsea side and beat them. I don't think any one player did over and above what you would expect from them, even Pickford who was probably MOTM only did what he was expected to do, but that was enough today. If we had done the same against Newcastle, we would have probably won that game fairly easily as well.

It also backs up a lot of peoples points about the manager and his tactics. Nothing changed between the halves, all that did change was the attitude of the players. They actually have a shit for 45 minutes and to be perfectly honest I dont feel particularly comfortable celebrating that... ok well maybe a bit. 

The one player, I will also single out is Mina, who was probably one of the better players in the first half and showed that he is capable at this level against a decent side.