IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Sunday March 17th

markjazzbassist

Well that 2nd half was completely unexpected! Defence looked all over the place early doors, Keane and Mina looked solid second half. Richarlison did nothing first 45 mins, ran Alonso ragged when he was on the right 2nd half. 

Pickford made some essential saves throughout, proved he's got character after that disaster last week. Coleman looks like he's adjusting to losing his pace - he can't bomb on and pose the goal threat he used to, but he showed real leadership today. I thought Gana was excellent throughout, so important to have his bite in there, and DCL lead the line brilliantly, shame he couldn't convert one of his two big chances but deserved his assist. If he can improve his finishing, he will be a superstar. 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

As usual you ignore all the tackling and blocking Gana does. Agree completely on Sigurdsson. Gomes isn'ttt good enough when opponents get in his face. 

I didn't see him get near a man never mind make a tackle in the first half. Barkley was left with acres of space and dominated the midfield on his own. Gomes looked like Schneiderlin at times, surrounded by opposition players and no one to pass too. Only ever get that problem playing next to you know who. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I am surprised they gave taken Barkley and Higuian off. Two of their best players IMO.

Won us the game. Their manager is as lost as ours. Which follows your next point. Much like we lost against Newcastle thanks to the manager I think Chelsea fans will be feeling very similar to us last week. Weak manager isolated from the team and it showed. Agree done very little special to win that game. 

31 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Well that was a much better 2nd half. Ironically, I dont think we were actually that good, but they all at least raised their level to the bare minimum of what is required and as a result we competed with an average Chelsea side and beat them. I don't think any one player did over and above what you would expect from them, even Pickford who was probably MOTM only did what he was expected to do, but that was enough today. If we had done the same against Newcastle, we would have probably won that game fairly easily as well.

It also backs up a lot of peoples points about the manager and his tactics. Nothing changed between the halves, all that did change was the attitude of the players. They actually have a shit for 45 minutes and to be perfectly honest I dont feel particularly comfortable celebrating that... ok well maybe a bit. 

The one player, I will also single out is Mina, who was probably one of the better players in the first half and showed that he is capable at this level against a decent side.

27 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Gana was fookin outstanding..... his attitude is A1.... worst player to wear a blue shirt my arse. 

Only three poor clearances, one sloppy/lazy loss of possession in his own half waiting for the ball and the fan favourite even got groans for not turning when receiving the ball. The latter being a major problem in our all round play, stagnates the play and invites pressure. Add to that the shite passing as he has no control over weight of his passes, one unpressured pass sticks out as someone asked was that a shot or pass, funny thing is the power wasn't even the worst thing about the pass more that it bobbled at his teammates shins! 

This shit is every game. Don't care how much people appreciate his running but if you can't do the basics well you shouldn't be any where near the midfield. 

38 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I didn't see him get near a man never mind make a tackle in the first half. Barkley was left with acres of space and dominated the midfield on his own. Gomes looked like Schneiderlin at times, surrounded by opposition players and no one to pass too. Only ever get that problem playing next to you know who. 

Won us the game. Their manager is as lost as ours. Which follows your next point. Much like we lost against Newcastle thanks to the manager I think Chelsea fans will be feeling very similar to us last week. Weak manager isolated from the team and it showed. Agree done very little special to win that game. 

Only three poor clearances, one sloppy/lazy loss of possession in his own half waiting for the ball and the fan favourite even got groans for not turning when receiving the ball. The latter being a major problem in our all round play, stagnates the play and invites pressure. Add to that the shite passing as he has no control over weight of his passes, one unpressured pass sticks out as someone asked was that a shot or pass, funny thing is the power wasn't even the worst thing about the pass more that it bobbled at his teammates shins! 

This shit is every game. Don't care how much people appreciate his running but if you can't do the basics well you shouldn't be any where near the midfield. 

You always call out someone for avoiding a question..... is he the worst player to put on a blue shirt??? I've asked this numerous times.... would just love you to clarify if your opinion has changed. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

You always call out someone for avoiding a question..... is he the worst player to put on a blue shirt??? I've asked this numerous times.... would just love you to clarify if your opinion has changed. 

Pretty sure I've already answered it numerous times Mr strawman. What's the relevance of the question? 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Pretty sure I've already answered it numerous times Mr strawman. What's the relevance of the question? 

Is Gana the worst player to wear a blue shirt?

It's relevance is everything....  a bit like when people stopped buying some newspapers when they said "Elvis is alive" and had him photographed shopping in asda.... just answer the bloody question. 

At this moment in time - is Gana the worst player to wear an Everton shirt????

35 minutes ago, Btay said:

After that. I think Chelsea could be in some trouble next year. Hazard wont hang around. Alonso is wank, azpelelucuta is a shade of himself, Luis shithouse. Transfer ban will hit them hard and can’t see a manager wanting to take over is Sarri leaves/sacked.

Don't think we'll be able to sign Zouma unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

That first half was just abysmal. How we went in at 0-0 I will never know. 

But whatever Marco said to them at half-time, it worked. Literally from the kick off we were at them and I felt we deserved the win, and that half has given me a lot of confidence for the future that we can compete. 

Gylfi smirked when asked about the manager at half time....... some thing tells me he lost his shit big time. 

Anyone watched enough of Chelsea to know whether we were good at defending from setpieces or if it's just they're so impotent from them? 

Reason I ask is this is the first game in a long time that we've looked comfortable defending them, bonus being we liked likely to score from ours as well.