IGNORED

site outage yesterday

Don't enjoy this site as much as I did, its a lot slower because the adverts come up before any thread and those adverts seem to be getting bigger, half a page some of them.  Interested to see the amount of traffic thats dropped off, Since the adverts the site has been very quiet.

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

Don't enjoy this site as much as I did, its a lot slower because the adverts come up before any thread and those adverts seem to be getting bigger, half a page some of them.  Interested to see the amount of traffic thats dropped off, Since the adverts the site has been very quiet.

The alternative is probably no site at all.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

I’d argue the site has been quiet as we’ve been doing well so there’s less opportunity to rant and race. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The alternative is probably no site at all.

I think you and I know that's not true Mark, I've already given instances of several other host sites for less than half the price of this one,  I'm sorry but if you are paying premium money for premiem hosting, you should not be getting inundated with Adverts.

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think you and I know that's not true Mark, I've already given instances of several other host sites for less than half the price of this one,  I'm sorry but if you are paying premium money for premiem hosting, you should not be getting inundated with Adverts.

Louis tried moving to a cheaper hosting site and it wasn't feasible, so you can find as many of them as you want but it's about finding one that can actually host the site for those prices.

If premium hosting and premium prices is all that is available then adverts are needed to pay for it.

In both of the threads about the site being  down and the incoming of the adverts, i've noticed  that Mike, Matt, Steve and yourself have replied with a comment of some kind but there's been nothing from Louis, I believe that if people are donating money to Louis for this site they have a right to ask the question.  

Sorry if this upsets anybody but I can't see the need to pay premium prices for a 2nd class host.

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

In both of the threads about the site being  down and the incoming of the adverts, i've noticed  that Mike, Matt, Steve and yourself have replied with a comment of some kind but there's been nothing from Louis, I believe that if people are donating money to Louis for this site they have a right to ask the question.  

Sorry if this upsets anybody but I can't see the need to pay premium prices for a 2nd class host.

The adverts aren’t a requirement of the host. I’m not sure why you’re attributing them to the host. It’s just a decision Louis came to in order to pay for the host. 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The adverts aren’t a requirement of the host. I’m not sure why you’re attributing them to the host. It’s just a decision Louis came to in order to pay for the host. 

Which is why I'm asking the question, its the same host but to avoid paying an increase on what is already a very costly contract Louis has accepted the addition of adverts. Would have been better trying for something cheaper.

I've said all I'm going to say on this subject, just thought I'd let my feelings about it be known.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Which is why I'm asking the question, its the same host but to avoid paying an increase on what is already a very costly contract Louis has accepted the addition of adverts. Would have been better trying for something cheaper.

I've said all I'm going to say on this subject, just thought I'd let my feelings about it be known.

Been said multiple times already Bill, he did try something cheaper but it didn't work. As I understand it we could switch if we were prepared to lose the last fifteen years of posts and start from scratch but Louis wasn't prepared to do that, in my experience the ads are minimal, targeted and haven't slown down the site at all (and there's always adblocker if they really annoy you, but I never said that).

Is the site secure some have raised this but no one has given a definitive answer, software upgrades are saying it isn’t is that the case or just over sensitive spy ware it would be nice to know. 

With ever sophisticated cyber crime are we leaving ourselves open to having our devices and information tampered with, I ask for a good reason if my bank account was broken into by someone on internet banking and I claimed for my losses and they found I was knowingly using a insecure site I may have a problem, so it would be reassuring to know for my own piece of mind. 

Perhaps Louis would care to answer this even if it’s by a personal message. 

Thank you. 

Once adverts come on to a forum all your information is known to other parties,  this is why the adverts are personal, I'm getting inundated with fire surrounds and Gas fires because I was searching on line last week.

I,m sure others on here can recognise the adverts they are getting can be linked to online searches they have previously done.

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

Once adverts come on to a forum all your information is known to other parties,  this is why the adverts are personal, I'm getting inundated with fire surrounds and Gas fires because I was searching on line last week.

I,m sure others on here can recognise the adverts they are getting can be linked to online searches they have previously done.

Fuck me I've been set up I’m getting all types of dating sites and I’ve never joined one in the past, I’m getting Arabian, Muslim, black and most upsetting of all over 50s what one of you told them my age you bastards 😀

What next a dawn raid from the police for being a serial dater, can I stop these I’ve been looking at Harley’s the last couple of weeks but I haven’t had any bikes 🏍 come up or maybe I’ve had hundreds on the dating sites.