IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

Id still have a look at Guidetti. Banging in goals like nobody's business at the moment. Young. Cheap (not long left on the contract)

In Scotland though. He didn't shine when at Sunderland but I think theres a player in there somewhere so maybe worth the gamble. We need a playmaker to sit behind the striker before another striker though.

Guest blueboy122

In Scotland though. He didn't shine when at Sunderland but I think theres a player in there somewhere so maybe worth the gamble. We need a playmaker to sit behind the striker before another striker though.

Stoke wasn't it?

Did he even get a game?

Guest millwallforever

Silviu Lung Junior, son of the Steua legend, is someone we should take a close look at. Shitty music warning:

Edited by millwallforever

• 3 weeks later...

Naismith? He wasnt even banging in the goals in Scotland and look at him now.

Henrik Larsson? I would deffo have taken him when he was doing it for Celtic.

He's more of a goalscoring midfielder than a playmaker. He got 0 assists last season...not something you'd associate with a playmaker.

He is still integral in build up though, when hes thinking quickly enough.

Wasn't Arteta the same? Pienaar too.

I thought Barkley was our playmaker?

I thought he was going to be but he seems to be a bit of a hybrid between striker and box to box. Selfish and talented enough to finish and strong enough to run with the ball from deep. But I am struggling to see any creativity for the team at the moment, sticking him on the wing has not helped. However, he does occupy players and create space behind the striker when he plays there...

I don't know to be honest. I think a playmaker in the mould of Silva is what I mean; quick, clever feet, excellent balance, vision to create those defence-splitting passes. We have one, in my opinion, but he never gets a chance to play there and hes too old now.

Edited by Matt

I hope you saw how he cut open the spurs defence with that killer pass to coleman. Being a playmaker is very much in him.

It is, but the fact there was only 1 pass in the game worth remembering says a lot too.

The Spurs game is a bad example though, he was hamstrung by being played out wide for some stupid reason....

• 5 weeks later...

Robbie Savage on the BBC website reckons we're linked with...

Vedran Corluka, 28, CB (Lokomotiv Moscow), Curtis Davies 29, CB (Hull), Martin Montoya 23, RB (Barcelona), Tim Cahill,35, CM (New York Red Bulls), Breel Embolo 17, CM (Basel), Veli Kavlak 26, CM (Besiktas), Alex Mowatt 19, CM (Leeds United),Memphis Depay 20, FW (PSV), Joel Campbell 22, FW (Arsenal),Adama Traore 18, FW (Barcelona), Adnan Januzaj 19, FW(Manchester United), Andre Ayew 25, FW (Marseille)

What the actual fuck?

Anbody heard??

We're close to signing Congolese centre back Mamadou DeHump From Algerian club Rizzélle Kickers CF.

Aha. Some United fans fell for it on twitter, apparently works well in a midfield 3 (according to one). Bellends aha.

Edited by tenaciousj

Not seen him before but just watching an old Ajax game and Schone looks a really tidy player. It surprises me that he is 28 but he is technically excellent, creates plenty of chances and finds some really good positions. He isn't quick or big and in some ways is a lot like Pienaar but a Pienaar that can pick a pass and score a goal.

Not seen him before but just watching an old Ajax game and Schone looks a really tidy player. It surprises me that he is 28 but he is technically excellent, creates plenty of chances and finds some really good positions. He isn't quick or big and in some ways is a lot like Pienaar but a Pienaar that can pick a pass and score a goal.

So what your really trying to say is he's actually nothing like Pienaar... Looks fairly decent but looks set to sign a new deal and knocking on 29 in the near future