IGNORED

Rumours without a Link

It's always been a throw a random name into the ring thread this I thought it was intended for rumours without a link ie a mate who knows a player said this etc

Frustrating when you see constant new posts and it's fantasy or totally random names

Not a dig at you Mark btw mate just this time of year any new news gets my hopes up slightly -_-

It's always been a throw a random name into the ring thread this I thought it was intended for rumours without a link ie a mate who knows a player said this etc

Frustrating when you see constant new posts and it's fantasy or totally random names

Not a dig at you Mark btw mate just this time of year any new news gets my hopes up slightly -_-

no worries man, didn't realize there was a specific meaning for this thread, apologies. i don't know anyone in england but my uncle tim howard told me... :67:

i know, that's why this is the rumours without a link thread. read the others in this page, firmino, arda turan, they are a wish list that's all.

Still wouldn't happen. Brazilians bar Silva are soft at the back. I don't want effeminate defenders.

• 4 weeks later...

The more I think about it, the more i'd like someone of Yarmolenko's stature. He's proven against English opponents, he seems like he has what it takes to do it in the league, he wants out but the president is blocking a move to Stoke because he thinks he's better than them. We're on a level playing field as them now a days unfortunately, but he'd be a top purchase. A creative, built, wide man....sounds great doesn't it?

:crying:

Being linked with Austin again. Bit of a mixed bag, quite expensive, is he a one season wonder and what would his role be? 10-15 million is a lot for Lukaku's backup. He is a good finisher, good in the air, has a good shot and is better at shielding the ball and distributing it than Lukaku.

Being linked with Austin again. Bit of a mixed bag, quite expensive, is he a one season wonder and what would his role be? 10-15 million is a lot for Lukaku's backup. He is a good finisher, good in the air, has a good shot and is better at shielding the ball and distributing it than Lukaku.

Is he? I see Austin as more of a fox in the box, right place right time player, doesn't get involved in buildup all that much. Just waits in the right areas.

When Lukaku HAS the ball, his distribution is pretty good, it's whether he first touch allows him to take control of the ball!

Is he? I see Austin as more of a fox in the box, right place right time player, doesn't get involved in buildup all that much. Just waits in the right areas.

When Lukaku HAS the ball, his distribution is pretty good, it's whether he first touch allows him to take control of the ball!

This. Zamora did all the donkey work for QPR while Austin waited around for the ball to come to him.

Not a great deal to his play other than whats stated above definitely not worth the inflated fee banded around

I'd much rather have a Hernandez type to play off/with Lukaku

Hernandez isn't that good either. But in terms of a second striker, I kind of agree but in reality, we need a Rom back-up/competition. We have Mirallas, Naismith and Barkley, who COULD support the big man but they're not ideal but we have no replacement for Rom should he get injured.

Guest rusty747

Agreed. Lukaku can trap the ball further than I can bloody kick it.

Hernandez isn't that good either. But in terms of a second striker, I kind of agree but in reality, we need a Rom back-up/competition. We have Mirallas, Naismith and Barkley, who COULD support the big man but they're not ideal but we have no replacement for Rom should he get injured.

I can't help feeling that Mirallas should get a chance upfront, some of his best games as a professional were playing upfront for Olympiakos.

Edited by Simon

Anichebe stole a living from the club for the vast majority of his time here and isn't in anyway shape or form the kind of player we need..... championship player with a smacked arse

Kone isn't and won't be the answer either every credit for his goal and assist but people are talking as if he's just had his first opportunity to show us what he's about, he's been absolutely dogshit at neigh on every given chance and it will take far more than one good stint to sway my opinion on him

Anichebe stole a living from the club for the vast majority of his time here and isn't in anyway shape or form the kind of player we need..... championship player with a smacked arse

Kone isn't and won't be the answer either every credit for his goal and assist but people are talking as if he's just had his first opportunity to show us what he's about, he's been absolutely dogshit at neigh on every given chance and it will take far more than one good stint to sway my opinion on him

I ment an Anichebe type, not Anichebe. He was great at shielding the ball and Turning tho.

Kone has the right attributes, look through my posts on him and you will find that my patience with him was longer than most.

I see that he can be of value to us. I just got really fed up with him towards the end of the last season

Sorry Peter I knew what you where getting at with Vic I just had to vent how average he was as he's a player I had very little time for

I'm not sold on Kone he's had ample chances to show what he's capable of and for me personally as harsh as it sounds he's a waste of wages

I hope he does kick on from his short stint the other day and proves me a fool I really do I just can't see it but each to their own mate

Edited by EFC-Paul