IGNORED

Worst eleven

12 hours ago, StevO said:

Don’t want to get into it, but if Keane or Gana were on the market we would have no trouble selling either. Both at a handsome profit, even with the big money we paid for Keane. 

I don’t want to get on it either but every player is on the market for the right price, and stop mentioning you know who you more than anyone should know that’s a no no 😜👍

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Welbeck, Santa Cruz, Benteke.. Players you claim are better than Lukaku :afro2:

Throw in Wilfried Bony whilst you are it... lukaku is trending perfectly to the level I said he was... i think that's been conceded. Let's move on from that one. 

I don't have a problem with opinions or predictions being wrong.... you most certainly do.   That's your biggest failing... the ego.  You make a statement and no matter what the player does - your original statement will always be the judgement. And we waste hours on dealing with your ego effectively.

If Michael Keane performs like a rolls Royce next year and captains England you would still spout bullshit about Mason Holgate being better.

You say Scott gemmill is a better player than Gana and gave all sorts of insights as to why he was and you let slip in this thread that you were about 8 or 9 years old watching him... laughable really mate. 

I'm not sure I'd call him worthy of a 'worst 11', but the biggest disappointment that I've seen live (i.e as a spectator in the stadium) was Ibrahima Bakayoko. I had really high hopes for him when Smith signed him but he was a major letdown (4 league goals and then shipped out after 1 season). 4.5 million was a lot of money back then for us, I didn't expect him to flop like he did.  

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

Throw in Wilfried Bony whilst you are it... lukaku is trending perfectly to the level I said he was... i think that's been conceded. Let's move on from that one. 

I don't have a problem with opinions or predictions being wrong.... you most certainly do.   That's your biggest failing... the ego.  You make a statement and no matter what the player does - your original statement will always be the judgement. And we waste hours on dealing with your ego effectively.

If Michael Keane performs like a rolls Royce next year and captains England you would still spout bullshit about Mason Holgate being better.

You say Scott gemmill is a better player than Gana and gave all sorts of insights as to why he was and you let slip in this thread that you were about 8 or 9 years old watching him... laughable really mate. 

Said I was wrong about Zaha the other day... Nice psychobabble otherwise. 

On 02/07/2019 at 22:27, pete0 said:

Unsure when exactly I started following properly, guessing about 1997 or `98 I remember Barmby being our best player and was the first player I was gutted to see leave. 

Sendoros, Wei-Feng and Sandro. Baffling any of them got the chance to wear the shirt but seems a bit pointless naming bad signings when they never really played for the club so picking players who played 15+ games:

GK: Wright. 

RB: Hard to pick a right back. Can't remember who it was before Hibbert and since then it feels like we've only had two more in Neville and Coleman. Quick Google and Abel Xavier makes the worst RB slot his own. 

LB: Similarly to right back in we've been pretty solid, just a few mediocre ones between Unsworth and Lescott/Baines/Digne. Be one from Naysmith, Pitstone or Valente, make that a toss up from the latter two as at least Naysmith didn't wear an Alice band. 

CB: Stubbs, if he wasn't a local lad I doubt he would have ever got to wear the shirt. Michael Keane, other than being tall I don't see what he's added more than Holgate. 

DM: Stephen Hughes. Underwhelming to the point I can't really remember what he had to his game, just remember he was plop. 

CM: Gana, if he didn't have athleticism he'd not be a footballer. 

Wingers galore: Two from Drenthe, McGeady, Hughes, and AVM being the most disappointing. Says a lot when we had the likes of Tal and Alexanderson. 

ST. Two from: Beckford, Bent, Branch, Madar, and Stuart. Technically Straquilersi should probs be in the list but let him off as he gave his all. Campbell once we signed him was the most frustrating striker smiling after missing or throwing himself to the ground to make it look like he slipped too. Jeffers on his second spell was really poor. Luckily I just missed out on the infamous Brett Angel. 

Wright

Xavier Keane Stubbs Pistone

McGeady Gana Hughes Hughes

Branch Stuart

I was quite surprised none of Kendall, Harvey or Ball made your XI but then realised it was only those you had actually seen play 

Would have thought Cahill, Arteta, Baines or Jags would have at least made the bench though 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Said I was wrong about Zaha the other day... Nice psychobabble otherwise. 

That's big of you.... ever conceded you are wrong about an Everton player?.....  surprised you haven't gone that little bit further and said if we signed Chris brunt he would make our best ever 11

23 minutes ago, hafnia said:

That's big of you.... ever conceded you are wrong about an Everton player?.....  surprised you haven't gone that little bit further and said if we signed Chris brunt he would make our best ever 11

Williams. Although he's not as bad as some people make out. 

Gana. Thought he was good for a couple of months when he was head and shoulders above everyone fitness wise. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Pete I actually enjoy your posts. If everyone had the same opinions it would be a boring life it causes conversation which is good. I’m sure this gana thing is just you winding everyone up. 

This. Pretty sure it's just a playful wind up. 

1. Steve Simonsen - we spent loads on him at the time.

2. Tony Thomas

3. John O’Kane

4. Per Kroldrup

5. Slaven Bilic - more for the disappointment as he was a class centre back - just an absolute waste of space for us!

6. Claus Thomsen (c) - shite!

7. John Oster

8. Danny Williamson

9. Brett Angel

10. Michael Branch

11. Idan Tal