IGNORED

American (NFL) & College (NCAA) Football

7 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I agree, which is crazy, because it's hard to imagine the Saints without Brees, but they're doing just fine with Bridgewater.

I think Dallas will be up there too at the end of the season.

saints are my wife's team and my nfc team.  last year people thought they were crazy to trade for bridgewater, now they look like geniuses.  i really hope cowboys aren't in the mix, i hate them with a passion.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

saints are my wife's team and my nfc team.  last year people thought they were crazy to trade for bridgewater, now they look like geniuses.  i really hope cowboys aren't in the mix, i hate them with a passion.

Not a Cowboys fan myself, but Prescott went to my university(Mississippi Sate) and brought us to number one in the collegiate realm for the first time ever, so I have minor soft spot for them now only because of him.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m at Wembley next Sunday in one of my suppliers box to watch the Houston Texans against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Really looking forward to it though I haven’t watched much football since I put my lid down nearly 30 years ago. 

Keep an eye out for Watson, the Houston QB. He's quite the player and is having a stellar year so far.

3 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Keep an eye out for Watson, the Houston QB. He's quite the player and is having a stellar year so far.

Thanks I will, are they more inclined to be a throwing team offensively with Watson at QB, I hope so there’s nothing quite like seeing QB with a good arm. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Thanks I will, are they more inclined to be a throwing team offensively with Watson at QB, I hope so there’s nothing quite like seeing QB with a good arm. 

Yeah, he has a good arm and is also able to scramble outside of the pocket. They're one of the better teams this year.

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

👍 I should be in for a good day then, what are the Jaguars strengths. 

They are okay. They have a good running back and their QB, Minshew, is decent. They are still trying to figure out the team/scheme I think. Minshew was the back-up before the season started but an injury to first string has pushed him into the starting spot. Worth nothing that he is a rookie as well (and from my home state of Mississippi).

21 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

They are okay. They have a good running back and their QB, Minshew, is decent. They are still trying to figure out the team/scheme I think. Minshew was the back-up before the season started but an injury to first string has pushed him into the starting spot. Worth nothing that he is a rookie as well (and from my home state of Mississippi).

Can’t wait now you’ve wetted my appetite for this. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

You mean whetted Palf mate; really don't want to contemplate you getting wet for a football game, not an image I'm happy with just before bed:unsure:.

As I was conversing with Sibdane who is one of our American colleagues, and by the way comes from a beautiful area of his country, I decided to switch my spellchecker to American English in the interest of good relations and neighbourly respect . 
And they do not recognise the spelling of whetted in their diction, but they do recognise wetted as a word so I used the latter to get my point across. 
I’m now not only wet but full of shit as well which isn’t particularly nice as you well know 😡😂

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 21:32, Palfy said:

As I was conversing with Sibdane who is one of our American colleagues, and by the way comes from a beautiful area of his country, I decided to switch my spellchecker to American English in the interest of good relations and neighbourly respect . 
And they do not recognise the spelling of whetted in their diction, but they do recognise wetted as a word so I used the latter to get my point across. 
I’m now not only wet but full of shit as well which isn’t particularly nice as you well know 😡😂

Hope you're enjoying the game Pal. I've been watching it, and it's been low scoring (as of third quarter). The Jags just ran a disastrous fake FG play.

6 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Hope you're enjoying the game Pal. I've been watching it, and it's been low scoring (as of third quarter). The Jags just ran a disastrous fake FG play.

I’ve just got back mate it’s been a long day, but what a great time the whole thing was a great experience the yanks know how to put on a event, massive respect ✊🏻

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ve just got back mate it’s been a long day, but what a great time the whole thing was a great experience the yanks know how to put on a event, massive respect ✊🏻

Watson had a good game. What a player. He has to be in MVP contention. His awareness is up there with the best.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

browns season is over.  just got to the easy part of the season, played a 2-6 broncos with an injured QB so had a rookie in there.  we lost.  i think it will be the end of this coach.

Just saw where they waived Jermaine Whitehead after his racist twitter rant with death threats. They just can't catch a break this year (or most years).

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Pretty bizarre...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/50430293

But watching the replay it looks to me like Rudolph tries to remove Garrett's helmet first but fails so Garrett just responds in kind, doesn't excuse him lashing out with it but I think Rudolph deserves some consequence as well.

No doubt there will be a few suspensions for this. The fact that Garrett hit Rudolph with a helmet is a big deal. He probably won't play for the rest of the season. The Steeler player who also went to punch/kick Garrett will get suspended too. I don't know if anything will happen to Rudolph though.

Another tough one for the Browns. Garrett is a good player.

45 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

No doubt there will be a few suspensions for this. The fact that Garrett hit Rudolph with a helmet is a big deal. He probably won't play for the rest of the season. The Steeler player who also went to punch/kick Garrett will get suspended too. I don't know if anything will happen to Rudolph though.

Another tough one for the Browns. Garrett is a good player.

I agree but I think without Rudolph's reaction to the tackle there's no incident, he instigated the whole thing so shouldn't get off scot-free.

20 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

And he's been suspended indefinitely. Such a stupid move by Garrett.

EDIT: Pouncey suspended 3 games. Ogunjobi has 1 game suspension. Both teams fined $250K. There are also other players' actions being reviewed.

EDIT #2: Rudolph suspended for rest of the season and post-season.

Don't disagree with any of that, Rudolph deserved his part despite playing the victim card with his body language.

rudolph hasn't been susupended.  only garrett, ogunjobi, and pouncey.  its a joke.  none of this would have happened had rudolph not ripped at garrett's helmet.  NFL is a joke we all know it, steelers is one of their favorite teams hence them getting off lightly.  they hate the browns, always have, let our franchise be stolen from us (see ravens).  it's a violent game.

17 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

rudolph hasn't been susupended.  only garrett, ogunjobi, and pouncey.  its a joke.  none of this would have happened had rudolph not ripped at garrett's helmet.  NFL is a joke we all know it, steelers is one of their favorite teams hence them getting off lightly.  they hate the browns, always have, let our franchise be stolen from us (see ravens).  it's a violent game.

You're right. I thought I read that Rudolph had been suspended, but I'm not seeing that anywhere now. He needs to be.

Also, I hate the Steelers. They have the worst fan base. I even hate them more than the Bears, and this is coming from a Packer's fan.