IGNORED

American (NFL) & College (NCAA) Football

i couldn't give a rip about the super bowl.  chiefs who won it last year, tom brady who wins it every other year.  no thanks.  

NFL is happy though, had any other QB gotten that concussion they wouldn't have been cleared to play, usually takes 10 days.  mahomes?  magically cleared.  some of the calls in the bills game were atrocious.  it was evident who the NFL wanted to 'help' make it to the big dance.

15 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Well if we lose this one, we deserve it. Tom Brady has thrown three picks (something he never does, let alone in a big game) and after two of those, we went 3-and-out. Just horrible

Yeah, that was awful to watch. And Green Bay had two turnovers and TB scored off both of them. That's definitely where the game was lost. 

• 2 weeks later...

Really couldn't care less about the game tonight. I don't want the Chiefs to win, because their fans are still inexplicably doing a horribly outdated and racist chant during games. But also Patrick Mahomes has been very vocal in his support for BLM. And I certainly don't want the Bucs to win because Tom Brady is a proud MAGA-boy. 

Guess I have to go with the Chiefs, as much as I don't want those fans who do that chant to experience any kind of joy.

• 7 months later...
39 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I love Rodgers, not sure what happened with the president and GM and him, but he’s one of the greats.

Well not a great start for either of our teams. Although you guys certainly made a game of it. Packers looked absolutely atrocious. Think it's gonna be a sad ending to the Rodgers era.

on the college front i loved seeing texas lose, they have been a shitshow ever since they fired Mack Brown and i'm loving it.  Welcome to mediocrity.  Jacksonville St. beating FSU was another glorious moment for fans of the underdog.  Notre dame keeps barely squeeking by against bad teams, and i'm just really hoping they get walloped in the coming weeks when they play some serious teams (wisconsin, cincy, va tech, NC).  i've never liked notre dame, my brother and i have a hatred for them.  we grew up without cable tv, when we went to watch college football it was only nbc, abc, cbs and the fucking fighting irish were always on NBC regardless of the opponent.  it drove us nuts.  the media acts like they are gods or something i can't stand it, if they were in a decent conference they would be a nothing.

...morning rant over.

Jacksonville State is a really good program in their division, in the middle of nowhere in NE Alabama. Hell, they took Auburn to overtime in a season opener a few years ago, I left the game in the 4th quarter and went to a bar to watch the end. Speaking of which, I hope Auburn whips Penn State this weekend. FSU's collapse has been as fun to watch as Texas.

And agree, fuck Notre Dame, NBC and the pollsters that overrate them every year

• 4 months later...

Congrats to the LA Rams. I would’ve been fine with either team winning it, but I am happy to see Stafford win a Super Bowl after all the bullshit he dealt with at the Lions for over the last decade and more. I think Burrow is the real deal and will get another chance at an SB if the Bengals management can keep up with him. 

• 9 months later...

Not a massive NFL follower but if anyone listens to Will Arnett’s podcast “Back of the net” you can hear me have a chat to Will & Marshawn Lynch convincing Marshawn to support Australia & also do a “shoey” of Australia beat France tomorrow! 

Think it can be found on Amazon music when it’s been uploaded

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Formby said:

I love the 49ers' uniform, and I hope they destroy the Cowboys, but no further, please.

Go Birds! 

Can’t stand the Cowboys personally. Their fans are some of the worst.

I’m hoping the Bengals win it all now that the Jaguars are out. If the Bills beat them then I’ll be going for the Bills!

14 hours ago, Formby said:

Good to see you restricting yourself to teams between longitude 75W and 90W - I thought the whole thing was random! I think the Birds might just scrape in further down the line! 🙂

They look good. I actually thought they’d lose to the Giants. The NFC/AFC championship games should be entertaining.