IGNORED

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

50 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was really hoping that the allure of working with Ancelotti would be enough to get the players to come here, but 3-4 of players we where after I’ve chosen to ignore us and sign for others 

I think this will only really matter when we are competing with similar level clubs. 

I said it earlier in the season and I'll say it again now, players won't come here ahead of the traditional top 6 clubs and because of Europe we would have a fight on our hands against Leicester and Wolves. Why come to a club that has been on the decline for 5 years when you can go to clubs on the up who will play in Europe. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I was really hoping that the allure of working with Ancelotti would be enough to get the players to come here, but 3-4 of players we where after I’ve chosen to ignore us and sign for others 

You really wanted this guy?  I’ve never noticed him in all the years we’ve played soton.  Not sure why you’d wAnt to sign him.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

You really wanted this guy?  I’ve never noticed him in all the years we’ve played soton.  Not sure why you’d wAnt to sign him.

Not particularly just that 3 or 4 that we wanted have just recently signed for others, and I was hoping that the lure of working with Ancelotti would play into our hands, but the reality of our slump in the last 4-5 years from the best of the rest to a bottom half PL team is going to hurt us, because we can’t bring in the quality we need, it would appear that the general consensus is that we aren’t a good place to be judging by what we are seeing in the transfer market. 

Unless you have sat in a boardroom with Brands, Ancelotti and Moshiri/Kenwright then you cannot even start to guess who our transfer targets are. Every window (like most clubs) we are linked with quite literally hundreds of players and I'll guarantee that 90% of them are absolute bullshit. 

Have we missed out on any of our targets this summer? Perhaps, but I keep seeing people moaning on here about us missing out on players when there isn't a shred of evidence that we were ever in for them in the first place. 

Unless someone has bugged the meeting room at Finch Farm then it's all speculation and it feels like Groundhog Day when I make the same post each January/Summer when the same folk get up in arms that we haven't signed 16,428 new players. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Unless you have sat in a boardroom with Brands, Ancelotti and Moshiri/Kenwright then you cannot even start to guess who our transfer targets are. Every window (like most clubs) we are linked with quite literally hundreds of players and I'll guarantee that 90% of them are absolute bullshit. 

Have we missed out on any of our targets this summer? Perhaps, but I keep seeing people moaning on here about us missing out on players when there isn't a shred of evidence that we were ever in for them in the first place. 

Unless someone has bugged the meeting room at Finch Farm then it's all speculation and it feels like Groundhog Day when I make the same post each January/Summer when the same folk get up in arms that we haven't signed 16,428 new players. 

You may not know but Brands came out this week complaining of leaks on players that they had been chasing and named 1 or 2 that he felt we had lost due to leaks to the press, which he believes highlighted to others that they were available. 

On 12/08/2020 at 23:02, Palfy said:

Go into sportslens and search Brands and it will come up. 

There’s not a single quote in that “article” and references a blog spot 

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/sportslens.com/report-marcel-brands-frustrated-at-evertons-interest-in-gabriel-magalhaes-and-pierre-emile-hojbjerg-leaking-out-early/307460/amp/

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It makes more sense to me that he would have said that, than someone making it up that he said something along those line’s. 

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

It makes more sense to me that he would have said that, than someone making it up that he said something along those line’s. 

I makes more sense to me that someone needs to put up articles on a “ news” site so they can get paid and making up stuff if there’s nothing else to write about 

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I makes more sense to me that someone needs to put up articles on a “ news” site so they can get paid and making up stuff if there’s nothing else to write about 

Come on Matt Brands isn’t big enough for people to be interested in him, that people would need to make up stories about what he may or may not have said. 
But it doesn’t really matter whether he said it or not it doesn’t look like we are getting them, and if it makes you feel better I read an article that said Brands was never interested or spoke to the clubs concerning these players. 

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Come on Matt Brands isn’t big enough for people to be interested in him, that people would need to make up stories about what he may or may not have said. 
But it doesn’t really matter whether he said it or not it doesn’t look like we are getting them, and if it makes you feel better I read an article that said Brands was never interested or spoke to the clubs concerning these players. 

Again, please share the link. 

I prefer to judge on quotes, rather than random sports news sites that make money by getting hits. They have site pages for every club and so everyone at that club who has a key role will get written about. It’s just how they make money 

Just now, Matt said:

Again, please share the link. 

I prefer to judge on quotes, rather than random sports news sites that make money by getting hits. They have site pages for every club and so everyone at that club who has a key role will get written about. It’s just how they make money 

I made that one up mate just to try and equal it out, and I never got paid a penny 😉 I do understand where you’re coming from, I just felt there could be a bit of truth in that one, it would be frustrating to have your targets leaked to your competitors, so I can understand why he might have said that. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I made that one up mate just to try and equal it out, and I never got paid a penny 😉 I do understand where you’re coming from, I just felt there could be a bit of truth in that one, it would be frustrating to have your targets leaked to your competitors, so I can understand why he might have said that. 

I’m not saying it’s not true either, just that I wouldn’t judge anything like that article

• MikeO changed the title to Pierre-Emile Højbjerg