IGNORED

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

There’s a lot of narratives in transfers like this... some may be in Tottenham’s interest, some in Southampton’s, some in the player’s/agent’s and maybe some may suit our interests. Most is nonsense - most is driven by an agenda e.g. spark more interest, make someone show their hand, create a bidding war, get more money... relax - what will be, will be.

3 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t buy this idea he only wants to go to Spurs. There is no way were putting in bids if his agent hasn’t told the club he would be interested in signing. 

Agreed. There’s also no way he is not interested in going from Southampton to us.

I don’t really see him as dominant midfielder in a 2 man midfield though.

He has said he wants to go to Spurs instead of us, Spurs are now in negotiations with the Saints whether they meet the price we agreed is another matter, but he has the power and he refuses to come to us, then Spurs could get him a bit cheaper, if it’s true and the Spurs deal falls through then we should tell him to do one, and personally he wasn’t on the radar of many of us, so he isn’t that good. 

I would be very surprised the £25m fee branded about has not been exaggerated. It's also my guess that the interest from Spurs is not as strong as the media are making out. 

Not sure what to make of him as a player, but if we can get him for around the £15m mark then it could be a low risk deal. £15m for a decent squad player to improve a very thin midfield seems reasonable to me as long as we bring in further reinforcements in that area. 

I'd also imagine Siggy will be on his way this window if we are able to get a bidder who are willing pay his big wages. 

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

Did he actually say this palf or is it what the media have said? 

Well I wasn’t in the room at the time, so it is what the media have found out, but most of these scoops are to some extent media fed, and should only go to print if there’s some merit in them. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well I wasn’t in the room at the time, so it is what the media have found out, but most of these scoops are to some extent media fed, and should only go to print if there’s some merit in them. 

So what you're saying is it could be completely made up then? 😜

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

We paid less than 20m for digne.  Sometimes you get a good deal. 

im not big on this guy, I don’t want him at 25m

No i agree. But great deals are great deals. There aren’t often.

As to whether he is worth that or not, I have no sides. Honestly never really took notice of him.

7 hours ago, BedfordBlue said:

Don't know much about him but £25mil doesn't seem much for a player theses days saying that clearly going to end up at Tottenham we are being used has usual 

If we had Europe and needed depth then it would be different. Right now we need to focus on 3/4 proper first team quality players.

honestly i'd rather spend 30m and get allan from napoli, sure he's older but he's been doing the business at a high level in Serie A and CL/Europa for a few years.  i want the sure thing for DM, not a hope and a prayer (which i think pierre is).  go for broke on the DM, we can skimp on the RW if we have to and get geri or something.  quality DM is a MUST