IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) Sunday November 1st

markjazzbassist

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

OK Sir Alf Ramsey you do that, and for your information Alf we’ve played all of our games with 5 midfielders in a 433, this time it was a 4321, never the less it was 5 midfielders as before. 
So Alf I’m very much looking forward to your analysis today on how we are going to play based on the team selection, I’m sure you’re get it spot on as you are far more knowledgeable than Ancelotti, as one of your previous comments states “I could have told anyone having seen that line up we were going to lose” or words to that affect. 

I said 5 "central" midfielders which is a bit different!

As Aiden has said, you give Ancelotti the benefit to see how it works. It didn't work and he didn't change anything. 

Fwiw with my Sir Alf hat on I told him what he needed to do in the Southampton game and when he did it we improved. Its just that Digne got sent off shortly after and it was game over. If you have his number, let me know and I will try and stop him making the same mistake again ;)

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Your point is that players need to care the way you think they need to care to be successful. Am I wrong? 

You just see everything black and white when in reality there is a massive grey area. Then you go on the attack when you get called out on it. 

There is simply no way that players get to this level if they lack desire. It's impossible. It just doesn't happen. Some show that in an outward manner, some don't. You have no idea what is going through their heads at any given moment. 

Keane, Neville and Carragher (two of which are failed managers btw) get paid to have an opinion. If they were as good as you seem to think they are they wouldn't be working for Sky they would be on the touchline every week managing their side. 

I'm not attacking ... I'm reacting to comment that "I don't know what they think".   I've played football for a team who had an ex premier league footballer who was smoking ciggies at half time..... Didn't give a shit.  Ridiculous ability.  Admitted he found the game easy but wasn't arsed. Didn't care about winning or losing but enjoyed the piss ups after a win.  Had hunger and desire till he got his Sunderland contract. 

Stop trying to be so pretentious and new age in your analysis.  It's not difficult to understand humans and the impact losing has on them. 

Graeme Sharp hated Tony Cottee cos he didn't care about the result.... he only cared if he scored and he admitted as much.

Schneiderlein sat laughing when Atalanta scored another goal against us ... Had fans asking him didn't he care and he shrugged.  Pretty much admitted he wasn't arsed about us.

Players can absolutely reach the highest level and not give a toss once they get there. It's a well known psychological fact.  David Duval the golfer admitted that once he won his major his ambition and work ethic plummeted. Tiger Woods just looked at the next one and the next one. 

Maybe you think the likes of Winston Bogarde, Royston Drenthe etc were just misunderstood.

As for the failed manager shouts ... Talking shite, what has being a failed manager got to do with it when you have won everything there is to win in the game as players under a manager who never tolerated such piss weak characters. 

Reckon Gylfi and Gomes would get in for SAF ahead of the lesser talented players like Kean, Butt, et al? No chance.  

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm not attacking ... I'm reacting to comment that "I don't know what they think".   I've played football for a team who had an ex premier league footballer who was smoking ciggies at half time..... Didn't give a shit.  Ridiculous ability.  Admitted he found the game easy but wasn't arsed. Didn't care about winning or losing but enjoyed the piss ups after a win.  Had hunger and desire till he got his Sunderland contract. 

Stop trying to be so pretentious and new age in your analysis.  It's not difficult to understand humans and the impact losing has on them. 

Graeme Sharp hated Tony Cottee cos he didn't care about the result.... he only cared if he scored and he admitted as much.

Schneiderlein sat laughing when Atalanta scored another goal against us ... Had fans asking him didn't he care and he shrugged.  Pretty much admitted he wasn't arsed about us.

Players can absolutely reach the highest level and not give a toss once they get there. It's a well known psychological fact.  David Duval the golfer admitted that once he won his major his ambition and work ethic plummeted. Tiger Woods just looked at the next one and the next one. 

Maybe you think the likes of Winston Bogarde, Royston Drenthe etc were just misunderstood.

As for the failed manager shouts ... Talking shite, what has being a failed manager got to do with it when you have won everything there is to win in the game as players under a manager who never tolerated such piss weak characters. 

Reckon Gylfi and Gomes would get in for SAF ahead of the lesser talented players like Kean, Butt, et al? No chance.  

This is the thing... you don't know what they are thinking. You are guessing, unless you are a mind reader? 

I don't know how you as someone who has mentioned psychological issues in the past can say it is easy to understand how different people react to situations. 

The reason I highlighted that they weren't good managers is because they only see players like them. They don't see that it takes many different personality types to make a squad. If everyone was like Keane, Neville, Schmeichel etc the team wouldn't work. This is why sometimes it doesnt work for players at a certain club and then they do elsewhere and do well. Its why some players do well at certain points of their career and struggle at others. Some of it will be their motivation but some of it will be their physical condition, home life, relationships at the club. 

Anyway, you can choose to accept that or you don't, I really don't care anymore. 

PS you might want to read up a bit more on Duval because he proves my point. World at his feet, best player in the world. Bit of a cock about it though because he wasn't used to or expecting the success to hit him like that. Suffers injuries starting with back pain and including vertigo. Tried changing his swing but whatever he tried didn't work and his form suffered. He also went through relationship issues at the same time. He slipped down and down and couldn't deal with it. He didn't stop playing or practicing because he didn't care, he stopped because he cared too much and couldn't deal with the fact he couldn't deliver anymore. I think he even walked away because he wanted to be happy because golf wasn't. He went through a lot and credit too him he worked his way back to a certain level. 

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

This is the thing... you don't know what they are thinking. You are guessing, unless you are a mind reader? 

I don't know how you as someone who has mentioned psychological issues in the past can say it is easy to understand how different people react to situations. 

The reason I highlighted that they weren't good managers is because they only see players like them. They don't see that it takes many different personality types to make a squad. If everyone was like Keane, Neville, Schmeichel etc the team wouldn't work. This is why sometimes it doesnt work for players at a certain club and then they do elsewhere and do well. Its why some players do well at certain points of their career and struggle at others. Some of it will be their motivation but some of it will be their physical condition, home life, relationships at the club. 

Anyway, you can choose to accept that or you don't, I really don't care anymore. 

PS you might want to read up a bit more on Duval because he proves my point. World at his feet, best player in the world. Bit of a cock about it though because he wasn't used to or expecting the success to hit him like that. Suffers injuries starting with back pain and including vertigo. Tried changing his swing but whatever he tried didn't work and his form suffered. He also went through relationship issues at the same time. He slipped down and down and couldn't deal with it. He didn't stop playing or practicing because he didn't care, he stopped because he cared too much and couldn't deal with the fact he couldn't deliver anymore. I think he even walked away because he wanted to be happy because golf wasn't. He went through a lot and credit too him he worked his way back to a certain level. 

I didn’t say I know what they think..... omg get a grip.  I applied a supposed scenario based on 2 different mentality types when it comes to winning vs losing.  Did you not sense that.

as for psychological issues.. nothing outside of what an average person goes through  in life but wtf has that got to do with a person on a pitch who can’t be arsed? Not sure where I’m relevant to that,  but if you feel the need for such shots you fire away. 

you do like to apply ridiculous levels of nonsense to defend a point. But onto duval, he said immediately after winning the open he got an anti climax, one that Bernhard langer said he had after the masters in 85. Duval turned to Christianity to get the fulfilment he found he was searching for in his game. The injuries did follow but long after he had lost his hunger.   I don’t need to read up on things that I know about when I actually read a lot on the subject as it is.... My golf instructor is a European tour caddy... he said the hardest work is on the way up but hunger and fun gets them there.    As soon as a lot of them get the financial security and don’t have to worry about tour cards they lose a lot of motivation.  

then again what does he know eh