IGNORED

Newcastle (Away) Sunday November 1st

markjazzbassist

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Does a foul have to be intent to be a foul though? I thought a late tackle, a mistimed tackle can also be a foul.

As much as it pains me to say it we need to go to ground in the box much easier. We hardly ever get penalties, teams are looking for them and we will fall behind if we don't start taking the initiative.

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

It leaves the game open to abuse, put it this way teams could rehearse that....  Aim for the defender on front post and get your attacker to run into his swinging foot when he goes to clear. 

Great point. We’ve saw a lot of these in the last few years. I think players need to be more aware myself. Gomes was asleep for me.

Just now, Matt said:

Not if the player jumps in front, no. 

I wish it wasn’t that way mate. I tho o it was different from the Rashford putting his leg into the tackle though. Wilson ran to the ball and got in front. 

Got what we’ve deserved again today. Not enough intensity and pace. We’re relying on a few players too much, rather than working hard as a team. DCL misses a gilt edged chance as I speak.