IGNORED

Coronation

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

The Footsie and the pound seem to like it both rising nicely, thanks King Charles I new you would be of some use to me ££££££😉

That'll be due to the election results, sod all to do with today's pantomime.

Just now, MikeO said:

When the country puts on a big show or performs well in a world sporting event our stock goes up. I would have thought the opposite from big business if Labour were on the up. I will out of interest look I know the pound was less than today on Friday and the same with the footsie 100. 

23 minutes ago, MikeO said:

The main reason for the drop in share prices and the pound on Thursday and Friday was due to, the European Central Bank and the US Federal Reserve raising bank rates on Thursday. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

When the country puts on a big show or performs well in a world sporting event our stock goes up. I would have thought the opposite from big business if Labour were on the up. I will out of interest look I know the pound was less than today on Friday and the same with the footsie 100. 

Stock Exchange doen't operate on weekend or bank holidays, so if you're looking for any coronation effect you'll need to wait for Tuesday.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

The big annoyance for me is that "the palace" has decided Camilla is now queen, when Liz II explicitely said she wanted her to be queen consort (and that was a big upgrade on what she would've been).

They've just snuck it through while nobody was watching; horrible woman imo, married to a horrible man.

Their argument is that the former queen, right before she died, expressed her desire that Camilla become Queen Consort - which palace officials have taken a step further. Honestly, I can't help but think of Del Trotter: "Your mother told me on her deathbed that..."

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hadn't noticed Camilla's stunt double behind her on the balcony, or was it the double wearing the crown?

image.png.cd7f48eb585648d1ba53acfd623c46d1.png

Don't know why, but I was reminded of The Prestige when you said that - the Nolan Brothers' best film.