IGNORED

Just Seen This - Transfer Window Spec

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheff weds paid 250 thousand for him from Crewe 6 months ago, now Davys willing to pay 3 million for him. :blink:

I'm getting the feeling that our scouts must have bad eyesight, remember Hulse and Ashton where almost on our Doorstep, and this is another one thats been right under their noses. why didnt they step in 6 months ago.

I agree with Patto, its Dithering Davey time again. :angry:

Edited by Licker

LOOK AT THE LAST LINE..............

Bougherra's performances at Crewe had attracted interest from a number of clubs in England, including some from the Premiership. However, on 19 May 2006, he agreed terms with Championship club Sheffield Wednesday, with Wednesday paying FC Gueugnon an undisclosed six-figure sum that according to former manager Paul Sturrock "is not as much as [the £300,000 that] has been quoted in the papers."[3] Madjid made a big impact at Hillsborough, winning the Player of the Month award in only his second month at the club and captaining the team for the first time against QPR at home in October 2006.

During the 2007 January transfer window, Bougherra was linked with many Premiership clubs and after his club turned down a £1.3 million Charlton Athletic.[4], The Sun reported that Bougherra told Wednesday manager Brian Laws he wished to leave Hillsborough in favour of a move to the addicks.[5] Other clubs linked with Bougherra include Reading, who according to the Daily Mail had offered £3 million for the player,[6] and Everton, and chairman Dave Allen also claimed Birmingham were interested.[7] Charlton Athletic have since made an improved offer of £2.5 million which has been accepted by the Sheffield board. Bougherra will be moving to the valley subject to a medical.

thats fairly up to date. :o

Evening all,

As a Wednesday fan I'm pretty disappointed by this, we've all known that he would move on in the TW but in my opinion for him not to agree PT with you guys and then what looks like he'll accept them with Charlton is s****.

I would rather him signed for Everton as this would have brought the player on and I think he would have ben a good signing. Not the finished article and is prone to the odd lapse in concentration, but to join Charlton and be involved in a relegation battle instead of a chance of fighting a place in Europe and then play on another level!!

Obviously money talks instead of football, Lucas Neill's transfer was the same. Although it might have something to do with his agent being the Collymore guy from the Panorama investigation :)

All the best for the season especially against Liverpoo (a few typical plastic reds at work, never hear a peep out of them when they lose, when they win god help us)

This is not a rumour, i dont know if we are going for him, but i just started thinking about our GK situation.

Now i like howard alot but he hasnt comitted to us yet & he's not inspired me with confidence lately. So i started thinking, why dont we try & get Craig Gordon.

I might get panned for this but i feel like we rave about Howard so much because we have gotten used to how shite Gerrard is.

IMO Howard is made to look better than he is by gerrard sitting on the bench. As Everton fans we have gotten used to sub standard players so when we get a half decent one we go abit potty.

Anyway, im losing my point here, do you guys think we should pursue Howard or start chasing Gordon.

This is not a rumour, i dont know if we are going for him, but i just started thinking about our GK situation.

Now i like howard alot but he hasnt comitted to us yet & he's not inspired me with confidence lately. So i started thinking, why dont we try & get Craig Gordon.

I might get panned for this but i feel like we rave about Howard so much because we have gotten used to how shite Gerrard is.

IMO Howard is made to look better than he is by gerrard sitting on the bench. As Everton fans we have gotten used to sub standard players so when we get a half decent one we go abit potty.

Anyway, im losing my point here, do you guys think we should pursue Howard or start chasing Gordon.

I said all this the other day and got slated for having a go at howard, gordon would be a much better option, but apparently there is the small matter of a £10m fee.

I know it is frustating and we all want to see some additions but lets get real here - the way the game is now, buying players involves so many factors and is a minefield. Other than the "Big 4" other clubs have to wheel & deal and develop gradually - which is exactly what Moyes (and the Board) are doing. Each season that goes by we have a slightly better squad - the likes of AJ, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill and Neville in, with the likes of Kilbane, Davies and Weir (thanks Davie, great service) out is a sign of progress. I for one can see where it will go in the summer - the likes of Naysmith, Wright and McFadden will go and I'm sure will be replaced with better.

I hope we get a couple of players in the coming days (Fernandes is a very good player indeed) - but lets give them until Wednesday (the market is largely like a game of chess).

If you think we're bad, look at where Leeds United are and remmber back...Seth Johnson went into talks wanting £35k a week and almost choked when within 5 minutes was offered £70k! Seth who?!

I know it is frustating and we all want to see some additions but lets get real here - the way the game is now, buying players involves so many factors and is a minefield. Other than the "Big 4" other clubs have to wheel & deal and develop gradually - which is exactly what Moyes (and the Board) are doing. Each season that goes by we have a slightly better squad - the likes of AJ, Lescott, Arteta, Cahill and Neville in, with the likes of Kilbane, Davies and Weir (thanks Davie, great service) out is a sign of progress. I for one can see where it will go in the summer - the likes of Naysmith, Wright and McFadden will go and I'm sure will be replaced with better.

I hope we get a couple of players in the coming days (Fernandes is a very good player indeed) - but lets give them until Wednesday (the market is largely like a game of chess).

If you think we're bad, look at where Leeds United are and remmber back...Seth Johnson went into talks wanting £35k a week and almost choked when within 5 minutes was offered £70k! Seth who?!

finally!

where have you been phil???

we needed that post for days!

you speak the truth my friend