IGNORED

Just Seen This - Transfer Window Spec

Mac/StevO - thanks, very kind.

Where have I been? I've been logging on, but not much chance to reply, but enough's enough!

Did you all know that the recently finalised TV deal means the team that finish bottom of the Prem next season gets £30m?! I haven't seen what you get for finishing say 7th but you can imagine. I know I'm being boring not saying lets dive in for transfers but Matt Etherington...I live in West Ham type land these days and seriously, I would prefer Kev Kilbane.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might find this interesting, I got it from Owlszone I believe it's from the Sheffield Star:

WEDNESDAY are raking in a guaranteed £2.5m from the sale of Madjid Bougherra to Charlton.

The fee will climb even higher, as the deal with the Addicks includes provision for further payments linked to his future progress.

The Owls also have a large sell-on clause.

But while Wednesday are delighted from the business point of view, as the defender cost only £250,000 from French club Gueugnon last summer, he has left with a parting blast from Brian Laws as he gets set to sign for Charlton today.

The Wednesday manager described the transfer saga as "a mess" and revealed that Bougherra had told the club that he would not play for them again if he did not get his move.

Laws also launched fresh criticism of Charlton, who had an earlier £1.3m bid rejected, and said he believes the centre half has made the wrong choice in preferring the London outfit to Everton. Bougherra has revealed that he snubbed Everton - who then withdrew their undisclosed offer to Wednesday - because they wanted him to play in midfield: he wants to stick to centre half.

Laws told The Star: "We didn't want to sell him. This move has been forced by him, his agents and Charlton more than anything.

"The whole saga has been a mess. Charlton have never had the decency to give me a call. Everton were ultra-professional, and David Moyes spoke to me first because he wanted to speak to the player.

"But when you hear the words coming from the player that he doesn't want to be at Sheffield Wednesday, then he shouldn't be here. We don't want any player who doesn't want to play for us.

"His agents told the club, and Madjid told the chairman, that he would not play for us again if he did not get his move. He wanted to go, he begged to go. It put us in a difficult position.

"We could have made him see out his contract. But we had a value, and we made Charlton pay that value if they wanted him that badly.

"Good luck to Madjid; I wished him all the best but I think he's made the wrong choice. Charlton rather than Everton is a no-brainer - a player should be prepared to play anywhere.

"Now we can move on and work with the players who want to be at Sheffield Wednesday."

Laws has already had talks with chairman Dave Allen on how the Bougherra money could be spent but says he will not be rushed into signings before next Wednesday's deadline for the sake of it, and is prepared to wait until the summer if that's when the right player is available.

Sounds like we're both better off without him!!

Edited by The Wednesday

todays wacky rumours -

Everton FC

Everton set to complete moves for Fernandez and Bougherra in the next 24hrs! Everton also still in the race for Etherington. Riquelme will not b signing, that is the worst rumour ever.

Ins

Fernandez - 6 month loan

Bougherra - 3 million

Etherington - 2 million

not many today but same players linked, only want the first two out of those (fernandes and bougherra)

According to this it seems that he chose Charlton over us.

Like the end bit though what SW boss said about us or charlton

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

Despite the dramatic exit, Laws says he wishes Bougherra every success in the future.

"Good luck to Madjid. I wished him all the best, but I think he's made the wrong choice," added Laws.

"Charlton rather than Everton is a no-brainer - a player should be prepared to play anywhere.

"Now we can move on and work with the players who want to be at Sheffield Wednesday."

yes we all know about the thirty million....but why arnt we trying to spend some of it..

i mean charlton athletic....its embarrising....moyes met bougharra twice....there are other players who have gone to other clubs also after being in touch with us...boa mortes agent was constantly in touch but d moyes couldnt make his mind up...i am worried about our transfer dealings so many mistakes made over the last 5 years.

we spent some of it in the summer.

but lets have a quick reminder of the NTL deal before we blow the lot, and also, every player will want higher wages next season too

Manual Fernandes's move to Everton is off because Kenwright won't pay £6 million for him. Moyes is reported to be fuming after the Sissoko thing because. Liverpool WILL pay the £6 million!That's right-if the Mascherano appeal fails, Fernandes will be a red.

Alan Smith- Everton -7 million pounds!

EVERTON RUMOURS

The deal for Manuel Fernandes will be wrapped up by Monday

Moyes will then pursue Collins John on loan and make a bid for Matty Etherington despite Everton denying a bid was made

James Beattie of Everton has been watched, but a Spurs fan at my workplace has told me that Jol is looking to Klass Jan Huntelaar of Ajax.

NOTW reckoned yesterday that Spurs are gonna offer £4.5m for BT (can't see it posted anywhere else). If AJ was fit I'd have pulled their arm off but more difficult now...still think I'd take it if we could get someone (ot two) experienced in on loan to prop up Vic and Vaughan.

Edited by mikeo

Every player has his day at international level, look at Heskey.

If we are on the subject of players and there national teams then even mcfadden can look good for scotland !

Maybe even amokachi played well for nigeria! what do we do to these players we bring in ?