IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Cheers for that Ten never heard of it but looks right up my street.

Watched Man with the Iron Fists the other day which I'd been looking forward to, was disappointed really to cheesy for me.

Going to watch the last episode of Elementary which is brilliant if anyone hasn't watched it yet...

We were watching bits of Sleepers tonight, but despite an all star cast (De Niro, Bacon, Pitt, Hoffman etc), it simply drags on after a decent first hour and any action just degenerates into boring court hearings. Saw this when it was first released and remember being disappointed at the time even then, but worth a watch if you've never seen it etc.

We were watching bits of Sleepers tonight, but despite an all star cast (De Niro, Bacon, Pitt, Hoffman etc), it simply drags on after a decent first hour and any action just degenerates into boring court hearings. Saw this when it was first released and remember being disappointed at the time even then, but worth a watch if you've never seen it etc.

I find it hard to believe that you're not impressed by Sleepers. Great movie, and a great performance by Kevin Bacon. In fact so good some people still struggle to look at him without thinking he's a creepy peado.

Sorry about leaping from peado to beautiful, but Priceless is on BBC starring Audrey Tautou, who is possibly the most beautiful actress in the world.

If you want to see a good Bacon movie watch The Woodsman. Probably best ever, I saw him in, far better than awful shit like Tremors or Hollow Man etc.

And you can add Footloose to that, awful fucking movie.. About as outdated as dinosaurs now.

Not watching anymore tonight damn it. We're going to bed.

Never heard of it tbh. I think Murder in the First is one of his best.

It's such a good movie, I don't want to give anything away to those that haven't seen it.

Flatliners with Julia Roberts and Kiefer Sutherland (1990) is also a good Bacon movie, and well worth a watch.

I caught a bit of that French film the other night incidentally with Audrey Tatou. She is one very sexy woman. But I think for French nice looking ladies you can't look beyond Virginie Ledoyen.

If you want to see a good Bacon movie watch The Woodsman. Probably best ever, I saw him in, far better than awful shit like Tremors or Hollow Man etc.

And you can add Footloose to that, awful fucking movie.. About as outdated as dinosaurs now.

Not watching anymore tonight damn it. We're going to bed.

Gotta agree The Woodsman is a great film, fantastic peformance that should have got an oscar for but it didnt due to the subject matter

Watched Ted last night cant believe how shite it was, talk about trailers selling a film

Exactly the same thoughts as mine, the stuff from the trailers are amazing but apart from that the film was wank. It could have been so much more too! I don't understand why they turned it into a romance film when it was clearly better as a comedy, shocking decisions in the directors room.

....must of been nearly 30 years ago....

"Because the preposition of, when unstressed (a piece of cake), and the unstressed or contracted auxiliary verb have (could have gone, could've gone) are both pronounced [uh v] or [uh] in connected speech, inexperienced writers commonly confuse the two words, spelling have as of (I would have handed in my book report, but the dog ate it). Professional writers have been able to exploit this spelling deliberately, especially in fiction, to help represent the speech of the uneducated: If he could have went home, he would have."

http://dictionary.re...m/browse/of?s=t

Grammar Police.gif

"Because the preposition of, when unstressed (a piece of cake), and the unstressed or contracted auxiliary verb have (could have gone, could've gone) are both pronounced [uh v] or [uh] in connected speech, inexperienced writers commonly confuse the two words, spelling have as of (I would have handed in my book report, but the dog ate it). Professional writers have been able to exploit this spelling deliberately, especially in fiction, to help represent the speech of the uneducated: If he could have went home, he would have."

http://dictionary.re...m/browse/of?s=t

Grammar Police.gif

This post might have slipped under the radar but WHAT THE FUCK are you refering to?

Thank-yousmile.png .

Was inspired to do it by DK correcting spelling (mine and Avin's I think) which left him open to the grammar police (and he's the worst offender when it comes to the "of" for "have" crime).

You're welcome. Feel free to correct any of mine that annoys you. I know my grammar isn't the best and happy for any help, as long as it's not too pedantic like misspellings and apostrophes.

Feel free to correct any of mine that annoys you. I know my grammar isn't the best and happy for any help, as long as it's not too pedantic like misspellings and apostrophes.

I don't normally (though I'm a bit anal about it tbh; even when I'm texting I have to be grammatically correct, probably a generational thingunsure.png ) but if someone gives it out they have to take it backshaking fist.png .