IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

Just noticed (while booking two tickets for Skyfall) that "The Hobbit" is going to be released next month.....but the first of three!?!? Don't know how they're going to do that (though they're obviously taking liberties with the story to keep many LOTR characters involved).

I'm dubious about this one.

I miss going out saturday nights sometimes as this really is the epitome of awful shit viewing..

Raw Deal on ITV...

On later in about an hour from now, there is The Big Match Replayed (no toffee games)

I won't be watching.

The Professionals is on another channel soon, and is always worth a watch though.

Really enjoyed Skyfall thought it was the best Bond yet, Javier Bardem was class as the camp killer. Trailers for Django Unchained looked mint and Jack Reacher looked good aswell.

Only one thing to watch this night, but I no longer live in the United States and never really have been one for politics.

o

Real close at the moment as Romney and Obama are too close to set apart and it's far too premature to select a winner but as the hours go on, it looks set to be a night of drama and twists and turns, but haven't stayed up for an election since Blair and Labour triumphed over Major's Conservative Government in 1997, it seems the entire country was watching that night and early morning.

At least it looks more of a vigorous campaign than some previous years, including Kerry and Bush from '04, who presented us with one of the most non compelling storylines of the year at a time when we needed a standout candidate more than ever. Sometimes personalities are required, and instead of reading from cue cards, speak from the heart etc. I don't mind Obama, and Romney is fine, and this battle could go right to the line. Economy is first and foremost on most people's minds and there's work that needs to be done, but can only wait until morning to see who has grabbed a success, not staying up for this.

Real close at the moment as Romney and Obama are too close to set apart and it's far too premature to select a winner but as the hours go on....

Media are talking it up as "...too close to call..." (to keep interest up) but it's a fairly clear win for Obama if the bookies are to be believed. About 1/6 with Romney 4/1.

Hopefully they're right.

Romney = Economy, but has played the politics game with gay/baby rights.

Obama = Care4all, but he is pissing money up the wall and in the long run peole will be worst off. Also making enemies all over the world. Just a matter of time before their the economy will collapses and has a knock on effect again or they cause WW3.

Both wrong for the job, but Romney is the lesser of 2 evils. I hope Britain cuts all ties with them asap.

Romney = Economy, but has played the politics game with gay/baby rights.

Obama = Care4all, but he is pissing money up the wall and in the long run peole will be worst off. Also making enemies all over the world. Just a matter of time before their the economy will collapses and has a knock on effect again or they cause WW3.

Both wrong for the job, but Romney is the lesser of 2 evils. I hope Britain cuts all ties with them asap.

Romney would make more enemies around the world given the chance.

If I ever thought the American right was a lesser evil than than the alternative I'd have to kill myself.

I can't quite echo those above (last Pete O) sentiments, but you're speaking from a British perspective.

I'm even watching this damn event now, but must force to divorce myself from anything more tonight, the more I watch, the more I will get drawn in. Going to turn off now..

Once again, keeping focused on events and politics in the United Kingdom as I have for many a year now. Getting rid of those two fucking college boys who 'run' our country would be a primary concern. It's been downhill all the way as far back as some can remember, we had Thatcher, then Major, then Blair and Brown and now those two pricks in charge, hasn't got any better, but it's not about the UK leadership this night.

I genuinely wouldn't mind if Romney does it, but Obama is fine with me also, but it's all back home events now. Can only wait until morning to see what occurs.

Don't stay up too late..

Edited by Dalziel Kane

Romney would make more enemies around the world given the chance.

If I ever thought the American right was a lesser evil than than the alternative I'd have to kill myself.

I'm not a fan of Romney, but Obama is a war criminal, anyone has to be better than that. It's disgusting that America has got away with so much. We've already started to distance ourselves, as have other Countries that are starting to sway towards China.

I can't quite echo those above (last Pete O) sentiments, but you're speaking from a British perspective.

I'm even watching this damn event now, but must force to divorce myself from anything more tonight, the more I watch, the more I will get drawn in. Going to turn off now..

Once again, keeping focused on events and politics in the United Kingdom as I have for many a year now. Getting rid of those two fucking college boys who 'run' our country would be a primary concern. It's been downhill all the way as far back as some can remember, we had Thatcher, then Major, then Blair and Brown and now those two pricks in charge, hasn't got any better, but it's not about the UK leadership this night.

I genuinely wouldn't mind if Romney does it, but Obama is fine with me also, but it's all back home events now. Can only wait until morning to see what occurs.

Don't stay up too late..

Thatcher followed the American's policy and truly fucked us over and we have never fully recovered, especially Liverpool. (Chicago Economists if I remember correctly).

Edited by pete0

Theater prices now are fucking extortionate for some showings, and not everyone can afford these ridiculous prices.

And you don't purchase their popcorn and sodas when you go, and give them more money, simply bring (sneak) in your own.

Disappointed also that Romney couldn't get the win last night, caught some coverage nice and early today just as some states had yet to declare, but it was all but over and Obama remains in office for another four years. Romney was up against it from the start but it was a good battle and maybe next time we shall see a new leader, but can't help but feel a little frustrated, but nothing really against the present incumbent.

Don't forget the price of Coke and Popcorn, and maybe some pizza ............

Was 7up and "Munchies"smile.png . And we did take our own (no need to sneak DK), f'king ridiculous prices otherwise.

Don't want to give anything away but enjoyed it....some nice touches; liked the new Q and the "gadgets" handovertongue.png . Didn't realise Albert Finney was in it.

Jack Reacher is going to be a brilliant film! Although, as a reader of the books it's going to be tough seeing Cruise as Reacher because he is absolutely nothing like how Reacher is described.

I've not read the books but i know that casting has reaised eyebrows but it looks a good film with scope to make loads of em if theyre good

Was 7up and "Munchies"smile.png . And we did take our own (no need to sneak DK), f'king ridiculous prices otherwise.

Don't want to give anything away but enjoyed it....some nice touches; liked the new Q and the "gadgets" handovertongue.png . Didn't realise Albert Finney was in it.

Yeah thought he gave the film a bit of "heart"

Watched Di Caprio film J Edgar Hoover. Being a Clint Eastwood film i thought it would be alot better considering the subject matter. Might have been better doing a Che Guerro thing and splitting it up into two films. Thought the make up as they got older was awful aswell

The 'Wrestler' is Dave Batista, ex World Heavyweight Champion, and I don't even watch WWE anymore

The music to that was fucking awful, I was searching frantically for the fast forward button or just to turn off audio altogether.

I didn't see any mention of Erica Roe at Twickenham, but maybe someone was too young to remember that