IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

I'm still waiting for Romey's review of Jack Reacher before I decide whether to see it !

I thought it was very good tbh. He's not the Reacher from the books (for obvious reasons if you've read them) but I really enjoyed it. People who haven't read the books will love it for the action film it is. I'd recommend it anyway, and I'll be going to see any other films of the books that may be made.

Watched "Wild Things" the other night (had seen the occasional...er...clip before but never the whole film).

This review (off IMDB) sums it up best for me....

"There's a plot twist, There's a plot twist, There's a plot twist...There's a plot twist...There's a plot twist...There's a plot twist...The End...There's a plot twist."

OK so there's a bit of a sex scene in the middle that the reviewer missed but that just about sums it up.

Ridiculous.....but I watched 'til the endblush.png .

Gonna have a moan at J. I watched Looper last night and I though it was terrible, one for the future to re-watch drunk and laugh at the plot holes. Main emphasis of the movie is time-travel and the lazy arse writers don't bother to explain how because "explaining would scramble your brain". Also have access to future weapons, but use crappy inaccurate guns instead. You said it was good shaking fist.png aha.

I'm going to risk a watch of Match of the Day now, as the time must be upon us.

Why Lineker doesn't go out hole chasing instead of sitting in that studio with some other boring mundane fucks I can never know, but it's better than having leather faced soccer charlatan Logan or whatever her name is. It'll be painful viewing, here and there, but there were some very good games today and may be one or two things I may want to see. So many fixtures, today, it'll be a longer program than usual for sure, but I think it could be worth a viewing, if I just skip any analysis, and after all, you only get the third round of the FA cup once a year.

I'd not have guessed it was him either.

I watched the Hobbit myself yesterday, but was really disappointed if I'm honest, not to be argumentative. I thought the storyline was gash, and lost interest eventually. I also didn't get why some characters were still alive, and introducing themselves to each other. All a bit weird.

Jack Reacher.

Watched it last night. Have to say it was a bit 'same old same old'.

Very mediocre plot and light years away from ever being of the status of the Bourne films.

I saw it on monday and rather enjoyed it. Cant see how you can compare it to the Bourne films as they are totally different. Reacher is a comedy with elements of a thriller/crime genre. Granted, big plot holes etc but it was what it was an action film that hopefully will be a franchise

Gonna have a moan at J. I watched Looper last night and I though it was terrible, one for the future to re-watch drunk and laugh at the plot holes. Main emphasis of the movie is time-travel and the lazy arse writers don't bother to explain how because "explaining would scramble your brain". Also have access to future weapons, but use crappy inaccurate guns instead. You said it was good shaking%20fist.png aha.

Thought Looper was in top 5 films i watched last year, Im not a big sci fi fan but i think that one line is perfectly acceptable. Watch Back to the Future and you can pick holes in everybit of it, the director doesnt want the audience to think to much of the specifics because it would take away from the whole film. Granted, the ending was telegraphed but thought it was excellent

I saw it on monday and rather enjoyed it. Cant see how you can compare it to the Bourne films as they are totally different. Reacher is a comedy with elements of a thriller/crime genre. Granted, big plot holes etc but it was what it was an action film that hopefully will be a franchise

How was it a comedy ?

A guy shoots random people with a sniper rifle. A guy gets blamed for it. Guy put in coma. Reacher investigates and kills bad guys. Where is the comedy? I thought it was appallingly low budget typical American movie. How many films list a guys medals at the beginning? Not exactly original stuff lol.

I'm going to take a watch of the 'League cup show' on the awful BBC

It's just about to start, channel one if you hurry.

Just an excuse for one or two bored BBC individuals to sit around and give nauseating analysis as always, but I do want to see a team I genuinely dislike have a significant defeat. They'll show highlights of last nights action at Bradford also doubtless.

I always wondered what the fuck the presenters do for 95 per cent of the show when games are on and they're not even being shown ?

Thought Looper was in top 5 films i watched last year, Im not a big sci fi fan but i think that one line is perfectly acceptable. Watch Back to the Future and you can pick holes in everybit of it, the director doesnt want the audience to think to much of the specifics because it would take away from the whole film. Granted, the ending was telegraphed but thought it was excellent

It distracted me too much to enjoy the film. Stuff like how telekinesis was just used as a lame trick and nuance bridge to timetravel

except for the grand finale

. Or how poor

at assassination Joe is, all he needs to do is shoot a body when it appears, but when Bruce appears with his head covered he doesn't just blast him straight away. After earlier covering this scenario with Seth singing they completely forget second time round in the same situation for Joe.

So it felt like everything just fell in place plot wise, no robustness to it. Potentially great, should have had a proper second draft to iron out the kinks. At the end my first thought was 'how did they convince people to fund this?'

When a movie has this level of awesomeness its hard to not sit back and enjoy :)

How was it a comedy ?

A guy shoots random people with a sniper rifle. A guy gets blamed for it. Guy put in coma. Reacher investigates and kills bad guys. Where is the comedy? I thought it was appallingly low budget typical American movie. How many films list a guys medals at the beginning? Not exactly original stuff lol.

The film was a comedy if you dont get that thats ok

It distracted me too much to enjoy the film. Stuff like how telekinesis was just used as a lame trick and nuance bridge to timetravel

except for the grand finale

. Or how poor

at assassination Joe is, all he needs to do is shoot a body when it appears, but when Bruce appears with his head covered he doesn't just blast him straight away. After earlier covering this scenario with Seth singing they completely forget second time round in the same situation for Joe.

So it felt like everything just fell in place plot wise, no robustness to it. Potentially great, should have had a proper second draft to iron out the kinks. At the end my first thought was 'how did they convince people to fund this?'

When a movie has this level of awesomeness its hard to not sit back and enjoy smile.png

Suspension of disbelief! like most films aslong as its not to mad/daft/that you cant believe it then you can enjoy it. Thats the skill of the the perfomer/director

The film was a comedy if you dont get that thats ok

So is it a comedy, or an action film?

dont%20know.gif

Action / crime thriller http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/

Mystery / suspense / drama http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/jack_reacher/

Am I missing something? I am known for having a sense of humour after all, so how come I can't see 'comedy' lol.

Not much interesting about a large blank space ?

Yes I don't have the correct thing to watch, but that's what I've got

In any event, Fire Down Below with Steven Seagal

Fucking ITV. This is about the 10th time since October this has been featured now, but still worth a watch.

Wanted to see something else on another channel but have to subscribe damn it, so went with the above.