IGNORED

Spurts

Louis

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on the formation we will set it. 4-5-1 is the best solution for the Yids, so the team should look like;

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Valente

Osman Da Silva Carsley Arteta Pienaar

AJ

Edited by SchoolofScience121

Spurs losing in the last minute to newly promoted Sunderland can have done

their confidence no good.If they start badly against us things could go our way.

Neither Everton or Spurs started with a good performance.....but we got 3 points.

For them to lose like that will really piss them off...after all that hype.

Moyes certainly needs to change a couple of things!

High long balls forward don't really get us much.Use Arteta more,but for Gods sake give the man some help!

Feed AJ properly and he will score.Anchiebe if played again can only play better,he's

still very young.

A squad with Cahill,Vaughan,Baines and McFadden in will give us more options.

I think if our midfield is shaky, it'll be exposed in this game. I think I read we only had possession for 39% today..against Wigan...at home...

I don't like what the realist in me thinks about this one :P So 3-2 Everton! Lescott header off a free kick, AJ with a rebound, and Arteta for us. Berbatov and Bent for them.

All depends on the formation we will set it. 4-5-1 is the best solution for the Yids, so the team should look like;

Howard

Neville Yobo Lescott Valente

Osman Da Silva Carsley Arteta Pienaar

AJ

IMO we would definatly lose with that team out,

Neville played ok against Wigan in midfield but thats against a poor team and he's shite fullback

Valente is poor, he has a few good games then either plays shite or gets injured

Osman is ok but if he's against a decent fullback he will get marked out the game

Da Silva might be good a some stage but to throw him in this game wouldn't be a good decision imo

Arteta should be on the wing, he's alot better out wide imo and im sure everyone will agree

A.J didnt get no service with Victor up front with him and with an extra man in midfield were sure to hit to many long balls up.

Wheres Jags?

Sorry but I hope the team aint nothing like that...

As i said in another topic i await the Spurs game with baited breath. They will definalty be pissed off after Sunderland game and will want revenge. I for one will think Everton's tactics will be to wetaher the storm and try grab agoal.

If we sign Manny and Yak before the game i may relax a little as they will surely bring us up to scratch with a stron Spurs team.

Cant believe any of those team selections, Pienaar i dont think will start VDM deffo will not start, and Valente wont start.

Jagielka must be in the team somewhere, and Victor must be left out for the 4-5-1 line up.

Its a backs to the wall job with all the workers in the team, trying to get at least a point, another hard day for AJ.

Result 0-0

howard..

hibbert. yobo. stubbs. lescott.

osman jagielka carsley neville arteta.

johnson.

subs pienaar. valente. Da silva. turner. victor.

Looking forward to this one as its on SKY (woo hoo) Cant understand all the negativity, lets hope our team show a bit more optimism than some of the fans (sets himself up for the I told you so brigade)

We put to bed our 20 year hoo doo by beating spurs last season at a similar stage in the season, orchistrated by the fantast Mr Osman as I recall. Still, Im sure it'll be tough and I'll be happy with a result

Think Moyes will go with the 4-5-1 formation, and think licker is spot on with his team there

I also think 4-5-1 will be the formation for us.

I think Spurs will be very offensive in this game - they have got to be in their first home game of the season.

Think Victor will be dropped and either Pienar or Jaks brought in to the side. Really going to miss Tim Cahill and McFadden in this game I would say.

Lescott to nick it for us from a set play. Arteta delivery of coarse!

A strong chance for an AJ penelty in this one - Think we will sit fairly deep with AJ making darting runs.

IMO we would definatly lose with that team out,

Neville played ok against Wigan in midfield but thats against a poor team and he's shite fullback

Valente is poor, he has a few good games then either plays shite or gets injured

Osman is ok but if he's against a decent fullback he will get marked out the game

Da Silva might be good a some stage but to throw him in this game wouldn't be a good decision imo

Arteta should be on the wing, he's alot better out wide imo and im sure everyone will agree

A.J didnt get no service with Victor up front with him and with an extra man in midfield were sure to hit to many long balls up.

Wheres Jags?

Sorry but I hope the team aint nothing like that...

Its alright mate, thats your opinion. I don't care who plays as long as we win or draw at least!

Yeah Spurs Are currently Playing Anthony Gardener which to Spurs fans is Tricky Dicky, Kroldrup, Pistone and Beattie (last Season) All rolled into one, Home we win Because otherwise i wont be able to face my housemate until the return fixture,

i'll say 2-1 us, Howard to Play a Good game, Arteta Free Kick (cant say whether it will be an assist or a outright goal) and AJ to get off the mark, Because he's looking a little short at the moment Taking the extra touch against wigan.

why some people are wanting da silva to play really baffles me!

you dont put a relatively untried player in against opposition like spurs.

i saw him play in the friendlies, but he still shouldnt be a starter imo.

if we're taking a striker out for a midfielder id be hoping it would be an attack minded player

osman jagielka carsley neville arteta.

"Thats some defensive midfield, id like us to go at them like sunderland at parts"

We dont have anybody else, unless he thinks about playing Pienaar, in which case i would move Jags to right back and bench hibbo. Jags is too good a player to sit on the bench when we are struggling for players.

I watched the spurs-sunderland at saturday , and i hope spuds will play that bad against. Of course they get some fight from home crowd , but still they were awful that game. After 25min of the game i were thinking wtf have they really trained chipping in to a box whole summer? that was all what they tryed to do. 1 spud vs 6 sunderlands. In that case we would have no worries. They didnt played on the gound , or when they did that pass went down to backs. We will have to play patient and hit back from counter attack. My formation is 4-5-1 with

-------------------------------------------Howard

-----------------------------Hibbo - Stubbs - Yobo - Lescott

-----------------------------------Neville - Carsley

-----------------------------Osman - Arteta - Pienaar

-------------------------------------------Johnson

And the score is 0-1 for us pienaar hits 63 miniutes and get substituted to jags :D

Edited by LexKing

My team would be :

-----------------------Howard------------------------

---Hibbo------Yobo------------Lescott----Neville---

----------------------Jagielka------------------------

---------Arteta-------Osman---------Pienaar-------

-----------------Johnson--Anichebe-----------------

Go at them, its not out strongest side but its capable of winning them.