IGNORED

Spurts

Louis

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great performance from all including Moyes.Arteta was quiet in the second half and Anichebe

was lagging a bit.....bloody good job for spurs,or it would have been about 5-1.

AJ and Osman chased all night......could Osman be our surprise scoring machine?

Will Cahill get back in the team?How good could we be with Baines and Fernandes?

Playing like that,Reading will be worried about our visit.

Should we change a winning team,go back to one up front?Maybe we should keep faith with

Anichebe,the more games he gets the better.

Great night for all BLUES.

GREAT RESULT BOYS WELL DONE!

40 mill strike force? were they talking about AJ, Vic, Arteta and ossie? cas i didnt see anyovas out there!

finaly great to see that we can play two upfront away from home, shows how more confident we are getting away from home.

BRING ON READING!

Oh man , what a result. Would be happy with a draw , were dreaming about victory. half time 3-1 o us. Finally we got some piece of luck with stubbsys freekick. Omg im so happy atm. We got a perfect start and this time we didnt lose it for good , even spds got equalizr. Oh man im in heaven at least this night. GG Toffees. I were bit surprised with our starting 11 with 2 strikers , but no im not anymore IN DM we trust. Boyakasha(okay im drunk)

Been at work and then out all afternoon and evening, so didn't get a chance to check the match result until just now. I guess I only have one thing to say.

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! :D

2-for-2, couldn't ask for a better start to the season...now on to Reading. We have a perfect won-loss record at their stadium, so let's keep that streak going! :P

A few points

I cant understand all the anti -ossieness, this guy was 4th last season in our very own MOTM POLL, yes he has his bad points, but give the lad a break. He did exact this at the begining of last season and was knackered bear the end but had to play as we have no one else

Licker said "Victor looked knackered 10mins before he went off" I thought he looked knacked 10mins from the start licker, for a young lad this is strange

All good stuff and Im supprised Adam hasnt made more of his score prediction

I went to the game last night and Im still grinning now, I would have happily taken a draw before the game started but to win...and in the fashion we did made it a cracking night. The little area of Everton supporters sang and sang all game, my voice is pretty croaky today...and we hardly heard a peep out of the Spurs fans, they knew they had been outclassed on the night.

Ossie was brilliant, Arteta ran the show and had to be fouled to dispossesed..I havent seen the highlights on tv but I would like to see the trickery in the box in the last minute, loked pretty good from where I was sitting.

Top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

morning all, as i said yesterday, I was in the Spurs end for last night's game

I'm amazed I didn't explode after Stubbsy's goal!

four points to make on last night's game

1) Spurs fans are the worst home supporters EVER. I'm not exaggerating when I say I didn't hear one song, and heard maybe two chants in the whole game.

2) Anthony Gardener is SHITE

3) Jermaine Jenas is even worse!

4) Mikel Arteta would walk into any Premiership midfield the way he's playing at the moment.

oh, and one more thing

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Interesting thing with spurs is they have spent a LOT

Didnt realise that Zakora cost 8 FOOKIN MILLION, jesus christ, he is pretty average

The pressure will be on them now and I can see it being tough, no matter what they've spent, shame they have so many defenders injured, and we should take that into account last night, but well take each game as it comes

Interesting thing with spurs is they have spent a LOT

Didnt realise that Zakora cost 8 FOOKIN MILLION, jesus christ, he is pretty average

The pressure will be on them now and I can see it being tough, no matter what they've spent, shame they have so many defenders injured, and we should take that into account last night, but well take each game as it comes

He was there best player I fort anyway, no one could get near him, he wast super fast for a midfielder, he can pass the ball, and he looked good in the tackle and tracking back. he can't shoot tho.

OK Arteta did play well but was quiet last night. First half he created the goals but second half he was reserved.

I am a big Anchiebe fan but I would have been so much more confident if Vaughan was playing in place of him, Anchiebe did look tired from the start - he looked like he couldn't be bothered for parts of the game, AJ was a complete contrast didn't stop running.

Lescott was very good too, has got to be one of the best Everton signings for a while (along with Yobo).

The Neville & Carsley thing worked last night against spuds BUT I don't think that will work against all teams...

All in all, fantastic win and some positives but still some more quality players needed.

I was also in the spurs end watching the game, due to the awful way Everton run the sale of away tickets. they weren't sold out but as they went on general sale so late and they sell their tickets by email rather than using a proper online ticketing system the poor beggar who has to read the emails took too long a ciggy break or soemthing so didn't read through them all.

Couldn't believe our luck when we took our seats in row 2 right next to the Everton bench. 5 minutes into the game and 2 season tickets are stood next to us asking to check our tickets as they have same tickets. major cock up from the spuds selling off someone's season tickets! they come back, telling us their moving us and at that moment we score! miss the goal and have to run out the ground with a steward and into a different section missing the celebrations.

view wasn't bad in the new spot but no close ups on what moyes is saying anymore. great view for the next 2 Everton goals though.

the game:

well I thought we played well, especially in the first half, it was an entertaining first half, end to end with both sides looking threatening but us amking the clear chances.

I was busy slating Osman in the first 15 minutes and still have to say he's not really good enough, certainly as a first choice left mid! the only times I was ever worried we would conceed was when i looked at keane completely free on their right and Osman strolling around in the middle of the park, he would only notice keane when he got the ball then he would chase it down on the back foot and keane would get past him. saying that he worked hard and improved after his goal. I noticed arteta moved to the left for a while in the last 10 mintues possibly to sure the area up.

Lescott was oustanding as ever, as was the whole defence.

Arteta was quiet but didn't do anything wrong, though his set pieces weren't quite up to scratch and I wish he'd take a shot in open play sometimes. had a couple of chances to get a shot in with space but chooses to take it further and look for a pass.

Johnson worked hard and had a good game.

I think we did our usual and sat back too much in the second half, waste of time against Spurs, we were putting ourselves under unnecessary danger even though they never looked like scoring. I think if we'd played our same game second half we would have scored 4 or 5 as the spurs defence is utter shite!

I'm sure spurs will improve but they played awful and completely ran out of ideas. fans were very disgruntled booing from early on and many were leaving by 70 minutes.

so pleased with that result and also the attitude of the performance. I really didn't think we would win, even at 3-1 i kept thinking they were gonna scam 2 goals back. Thought that Osman played brilliantly and that Vic looked a little bit tired, think that he will turn into a good player (not a great player) but he isn't ready to be starting every game yet. Bring on the Yak!!

anichebe was ok but he's too lazy, doesn't chase balls down and has his hands on his hips stood around once the ball moves away from him.

if they can make him run after things like johnson does he's be excellent as his holding and running when he's in the action around the goal is very good.

Dont know if you noticed but Aj was telling Victor to stay up when he went and did the Chasing, obviously one of them has to stay up and hold on to the long ball, it then gives the team time to move up otherwise we would never get out of our own half.

Anichebe's style of play,ie the big front target man,I think is not something that comes

easy to young players.It's a craft to be learnt and perfected.Drogba couldn't do it that

well in his first season here(and how much did he cost)....How many young lads are

noted for this type of game?not many.

I think it's kinda put pressure on him that this season due partly to injuries he's starting

matches and people are expecting big things from him.Unlike last season when coming

on as sub the pressure wasn't there so much.

The nerves are getting to him!Sapping his energy maybe...after all it's a hell of a leap

from behind Vaughan and Beattie he's now Evertons big hope.Pressure or what?

He's a rough diamond...and if polished correctly could be awesum.He's probably nervious,

with every good reason.He probably shouldn't be starting every game,but we've won two

with him up there(and he's scored)....and every game that goes by he's learning.

Are we not at the moment expecting to much from him?

ah come on ffs, if beattie hadnt been sold and Vaughan was'nt injured he wouldnt be playing, give the lad a bit of credit at least he's not letting us down. Sure we need to get a class striker in, but until we do He's the best weve got.

Theres no pleasing some peeps.

excellent preformance, and excellent 3 points.

We may play the long ball tactic that so many blues seem to hate, but christ do we we play it well.

Away teams start with a point......so keep it. We did more than that and took all of them. The key to this is the discipline that Moyes has installed into the players minds. The way we held the shape, and proved so so difficult to break down (against an excellent passing team) was simply brilliant.

A triumph of tactics for Moyes yesterday.

We even had chances to score 5 or 6..........really really pleased.

Thought most players were excellent but special mention to Ossie (who has his critics), he played fantastic last night

Bring on Reading!!