IGNORED

Fernandes Very Close

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is also a bit more complicated than your ordinary run-of-the-mill transfer since MSI owns half of Manny. Besides whatever dealings we have to make with them and with Benfica we'll also have to run the entire deal past the FA to make sure that the terms are acceptable and we're in compliance with all of the rules - the last thing anyone at the club wants is to get embroiled in another Tevez situation. None of that should be a problem, but it may take a while to dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

At the end of the day we have until Friday midday for him to be allowed to be included in the squad for the weekend game against Reading I beleive.

Hope its before then but if thats when it is thats when it is.

Maybe its all completed but waiting for another signing to be completed.

:D:D

Dont want to count my chickens and all that but just read this in this mornings Daily Post

Imminent arrival Manuel Fernandes is unlikely to be in the squad to face Reading as he hasn’t trained this week since leaving Benfica’s squad in the build-up to their Champions League tie – but Everton will look to push his transfer through before the weekend.

:D:D:D

To be honest considering how the team are performing - we are not desperate for any deal to go through by the weekend - its not like he will be in Saturdays team or bench.

As long as the deal is done nefore August 31st, thats the main thing.

Considering that it looks like we have a couple of big signings coming in this next few weeks, none of our new already new signings have any real contribution and we are top of the league with maximum points after two game - It's a nice feeling being an Everton fan at the moment. (OK very early days, but have to make the most of it - I could be a Spurs fan!!! :D )

To be honest considering how the team are performing - we are not desperate for any deal to go through by the weekend - its not like he will be in Saturdays team or bench.

Considering that it looks like we have a couple of big signings coming in this next few weeks, none of our new already new signings have any real contribution and we are top of the league with maximum points after two game - It's a nice feeling being an Everton fan at the moment. (OK very early days, but have to make the most of it - I could be a Spurs fan!!! :D )

Or a Man U fan :D YES, make the most of it, I am :D

Looks like Benfica are already in the market to replace manny, according to SSN they are looking at Rochemback to replace him. Even has comments from their president- looks like this is almost definatley going through. DOn't want to get to excited though. anything could happen. No doubt the Kopites will try and nick him.

According to tonights Echo we have agreed terms with Benfica & the third party company and hes having a medical and " deal should be done in time for him to be in the squad for the Reading game"

Looks like Manny could be the proud new owner of that number 10 jersey!

From DM mouth

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2666873,00.html

He is now close to a permanent move from Benfica, with Everton boss David Moyes confirming the deal is in place.

"Manuel had the first part of his medical yesterday and that will be completed today," said Moyes.

"I would then expect him to become an Everton player within the next 24 hours."

I am not for squad rotation to be honest - if your winning only make changes as they are needed - suspensions, injuries. These will start cropping up soon enough and everybody will get there chance.

I am sure new signings can't complain to much after two games if those on the pitch are getting the results. Also mean's that with sub, appearences they are eased in to the Everton playing style. Doesn't do the new midfeilders any harm watching the movment of the front players.