IGNORED

Fernandes Very Close

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bit i don't get is surely Valencia would have to go thru a similar process as us to secure him (ie, all the legalities of the 3rd party crap etc). I just cant see a club being able to announce it so soon (unless theyve been working on it for a while already). C'mon Manny, do the right thing!!

im sure if he can he will join us because he likes the prem and us, the only thing maybe is that something has happend like in terms of the premier league thing were they wont let him join, maybe Valencia no this and have had a bid accepted. if this goes though is there an Everton email address i can seriously take my anger out on, at first i thought it was a red shite but it isnt.

Sky sports have been wrong before and they could again? surely Everton would say something on the site, OMG! Theres always something fucked up about our club!

maybe we can only have Yak or Manny and they have chosen Yak?

its on valencia site

sum1 give me the link on the other forum's

im sooooo pissed of uno

fell like cryin lol

neville and carsely bottem half of the league

about neville and carsley, people forget that we already have more creative midfielders (i.e. pienaar, cahill when fit) but moyes insists on playing them anyway. there is no garuntee that that would change even if manny signed. the best we can hope for is that jags gets carsleys place.

He's turned our back on us let him go he'll regret it .....

But, we've had a really good start to the season and Jags I thought Done excellent when he came on against Blackburn. Do you think it was really worth paying 11 million for a player when we have been doing really well already ?

are you joking, he would walk into our team, i dont blame him if he goes there because they have a chance to win there league and get in the champions league, we have a board who pretend were after players for them to get a cheap stadium to make money.

I wonder, that daily mail article might hold the answer:

Previously it was believed that they had agreed to pay Benfica £6m for their half of Fernandes, with the third-party owners holding the other 50 per cent.

That initially caused problems for the Premier League, who are clamping down on all third-party transfers in the wake of the Carlos Tevez affair, and Everton then moved to buy out the other 50 per cent from the owners.

But at the last moment it looks as if Valencia, who play in Spain's Primera Liga where third-party contracts are no problem, have stepped in and offered around £10m for just 50 per cent of the player, which means his owners would retain an interest in the player and any future transfer fees

Third party Retains thier stake in him! sounds to me like they pulled the plug and sell to valencia and keep thier interest as well.

I wonder, that daily mail article might hold the answer:

Previously it was believed that they had agreed to pay Benfica £6m for their half of Fernandes, with the third-party owners holding the other 50 per cent.

That initially caused problems for the Premier League, who are clamping down on all third-party transfers in the wake of the Carlos Tevez affair, and Everton then moved to buy out the other 50 per cent from the owners.

But at the last moment it looks as if Valencia, who play in Spain's Primera Liga where third-party contracts are no problem, have stepped in and offered around £10m for just 50 per cent of the player, which means his owners would retain an interest in the player and any future transfer fees

Third party Retains thier stake in him! sounds to me like they pulled the plug and sell to valencia and keep thier interest as well.

exactly, atm the MSI have a lot of control over him. if they see a deal thats better for them theyre gonna choose that one. and benfica wont complain, cos valencia are gonna pay them 10 mil, we were only offering 6. everton being outbid? imagine that.

Sounds like some people are holding on to a little bit of hope, dont bother. He's gone, rumour has it, he spoke to BK yestreday, informed him he was going home, but instead he was thrashing out a deal with Valencia. Who do you blame, our board for continuing to make us look small time, or a shit house player for giving his word and fucking off, either way there is no facts, and i would imagine Everton will brush this under the carpet. I'm sick of the way this club is run.

Move on lads!........We've lost players before,we will lose them again.

Fernandes maybe didn't want us bad enough....Cahill and Jagielka do want to

play for us.

Neville and Carsley are far from crap,just neither had a good game against

Blackburn(as did a few others).

Moyes and Kenwright will be just as sick as us.

we didnt go for him when we had the chance at the start of the summer and dithering davey and the board of direct cunts have cost us a fine player!

We've had since January when he came here on loan, thats 8 months ago, but what do you expect from "The Everton Way" :angry: Once again we are the laughing stock of the premier.

We've had since January when he came here on loan, thats 8 months ago, but what do you expect from "The Everton Way" :angry: Once again we are the laughing stock of the premier.

Haven't we been here before? Need the Yakubu deal to collapse now and we'll sign some n-mark from League 2 at midnight on 31st to appease the fans.

Can't say I agree with the conspirasists but the club do nothing to persuade me otherwise. Fuckin useless!

Despair!!

Mate you already posted that havent you

Bye Bye Ambition, Welcome Home Mediocracy!

Jesus its only the Results on the Pitch that are keeping the Board in power!

Now i pray For a Miracle Riquleme Deal.

:unsure:

I dont know coz I've only just found the article I think. It's been a weird day, forgive me.

There comes a time when a person finally gets sick of this clubs board. Every year we are linked with the Ravanellis, Kuyts, Gonzalezs, Owens, Smiths and well pretty much anyone. We bid. It doesn't work out. Supposedly under Kenwrong we have improved our financial situation but it's obvious that debt restructures and other juggling of the figures just paints a lie. The hatred of us by the BBC and Media (and quite possibly the Premier League) showed itself with the negative press surrounding Rooney - after the press were involved there was no way a naive young player wasn't going to believe that he HAD to leave us. So what massive amount did we get for ine of the finest footballing talents in the world? As far as I can see in real world terms bugger all. Signing Phil Neville and Tim Howard may be the only good things out of our specuial relationship with Manure. England prospects for Everton? Lescott overlooked! Poor Baines will be the best English leftback but will be ignored becausehe's our leftback.

We are not trendy, we are not corporate (we have a tent), we don't pay stupid wages, we don't recruit spice boys, we are traditional. We are not supposed to be in Europe as they don't want us and will disallow a Ferguson goal to keep us out. We have (or soon to be had!) the finest example of an old historic stadium, we squeeze our fans in - because having a smaller capacity stadium means hardcore passionate packed Goodison of the finest fans in the land. We have a fantastic youth setup and one of the best managers of his generation. Unfortunately we have a clown for chairman - lovable blue billy Kenwrong. A man struggling in a sea of sharks. A man we acknowledge as a true blue at heart but nevertheless a complete incompetent. He "rescued" us but he lacks the business acumen, finances and contacts to take us forward.

The fact is we spent months looking at other players then when the so called 'Lucho' deal fell through we turned to good old Manuel Fernandes. But it looks like "unfortunately" we've lost out there, so did we ever want him? Apparently not as he wasn't our first choice. So Kenwrong and co can say he snubbed us. Valencia are a great side so who can blame Manuel when Everton have arsed around on this deal. He knows he wasn't Moyes first choice. I wonder if Kenwrong said to him', "Now remember to pack you passport snd good luck with you new club. Please pass on my regards to your agents. We managed to get your price higher and we got our stadium move. So it's all worked out. If you want anything from Tesco's just ask - I've got loads of Clubpoints". So Valencia bound and we either get a quick panic buy, or bugger all as usual and watch us slip into tailspin another dire season ahead. Uefa cup? You're having a laugh. While these prize muppets remain ruinining... sorry running our club we will become mortgaged up to the hilt in debt and saddled with a Tesco Stadium which looks more like a giant Petrol Station. We may as well change our name to Tesco FC.

As to the Yakubu deal that appears to be on the brink of collapse. We bid a stupid amount of money for a so called 24 year old striker who from what I've read on Portsmouth and Middlesbrough forums is lazy and took most of their penalties. Though with Vaughan out I agree we need extra firepower. So the Yak - if this come off I'm happy to have signed a ;proven Premiership goal scorer. However he may not get a work permit and if Kenwrong doesn't really have the cash then the paperwork will be a joke and yet another deal sadly falls through. Call me cynical but where did £20m come from anyway so close to the window? Unless Earl put up the funds I'm sceptical that we ever had the money. So 2 deals collapse and no time to spend £2m let alone £20m. Yet again we'll be the laughing stock.

Maybe I'm unfairly blaming our board but whatever the truth it is obvious they are incapable of completing a deal (King's Dock anyone?), they are incompetent and now we get The People's Petrol Station and are forced out of the City. We seem incapable of big name sponsors and can't effectively market ourselves. So naming rights could be anyone - The Pizza Hut? Appart from the Rooney fiasco that makes me sick in the stomach; we sold Ball, Jeffers, McCann, Grant, Clarke, and Dunne (my favourite player at the time). We have been blessed with a fantastic youth system and Hibbert, Osman, Vaughan, Anichebe are all playing their heart out. Moyes has done a fantastic job but we have always been a sleeping giant.I just fear that Davey told the board back me or I'm gone and so we got all this recent £20m double deal crap. It's no secret that Moyes is in the running to suceed Sir Alex one day. It's either him or Keane. I just hope this board doesn't let down our manager, players and fans. I genuinely believe Moyes to be the only manager capable of leading us into Europe but the boardroom shit has to stop.

Baines and Jagielka are fantastic signings. Were it not for this recent transfer business I'd be happy with the two of them and another striker. Our inability to secure Vogel and Brunt has shown we do things the Everton way - slow, indecisively, and on the cheap. Given the size of our squad and recent performances I think we only need another 2 quality signings. I would have loved Fernandes bringing us class at a bargain price. But we have to move on and our priorities must be a striker and a left sided midfielder like Taylor who is another fantastic young Englishman. I shall shut up now. My rant is over. Forgive me I'm just an upset Evertonian who needs somewhere to let out my feelings. I'm bitterly dissapointed not because I think we have a terribvle side. The future looks good. I'm sick of this because it always happens to us - the promises, lies, secrets and the impression that either things are out of control or silence - an inability on our official website for confirmation or truth. I'm upset because of what has seemed to be done deals falling appart at the last minute. I am upset because they promise things they don't deliver. I wish I could just sit out the remaining week of this cursed transfer window but I can't because I'm an Evertonian and this is my club. COYB!