IGNORED

Fernandes Very Close

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hang ion there...every link carrying the news is quoting another link or web page.....nothing confirmed has been said. Maybe valencia website carried a "test"article like how our website carried a test article on Riquleme Deal? Or maybe Manny was in Valencia to collect his old underwear and they assumed he is gonna join them? Relax...wait for official news from EvertonFC. Signed for us or not, we will fire at all cylinders!

I have two worries about this whole saga. A. how can we get so far down the line with the transfer and let some othere club pip us to the post but more importantly. how has manny been inliverpool all week training with the players then at the last minute signs for someone else.

Stiks slightly of crap board but more importantly of manny going for the best offer if he was that committed to everton how was his head turned at such a late stage.

P.S how can our OWS say nothing although this even though moyes is saynig he is pretty much ours. I heard he was signed but waiting for clearance

Edited by Bobbyj

Relax folks...somehow i still feel he has signed for us.. ...

As for these websites carrying these news, do take note of them...when Manny is revealed in the next few days, we shall ignore these websites for ever since now we know they carried bullshite news......

Den again....Hope!

Just have too wait and see now if its true, strange how quickly it was done though and the fact that it came out of the blue. Still don't understand why they'd pay 10 million for him when were paying only 6, also if manny has been training with us and living in merseyside for the past week, what is the point if he knew he was possibly going to valencia. Still alot more too come from this transfer.

http://www.soccer365.com/EUROPEAN_NEWS/Pre...99_148592.shtml

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=reu-...s&type=lgns

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26082007/4/v...-fernandes.html

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/...d&att=index

Seems like some websites i trust are reporting the same shite! :(

maybe Fernandes free Everton would allow Pinear to shine? Shine for a year loan and when we want him, the board will give us some cock and bull stories and he would sign for another club....yet again!!!

Edited by xsaint

Betcha The Echo will be Full of Fernandes Bad Attitude and supporting the board. see its making me wake up at this hour! that how bad this is!!

I notice all those sites are worded the exact same, so they have all been copyied of the valencia website.

If only it was Ramon Calderon who had leaked this story because everyone knows he just talks shit.

Oh yeah

This was Saturday's Daily Mirror

Manuel is £6m Toffee

25/08/2007

Everton chief Bill Kenwright wrapped up a £6million move for Portuguese midfielder Manuel Fernandes yesterday - and avoided a row with the Premier League.

Kenwright has found a way to pay Benfica for the player who was part-owned by agents in Portugal that does not break any rules.

So does this mean that we sold him???

I am both shocked and very confused with this news. If i am reading things right there is no deal with either club at the minute so really that means manny has a decision to make. I would like to think manny would perfer us even if valencia may be a better team but after all the things he said about the club and wanting to be playing in the premier league. I think the FA will have a lot to answer if we miss out on manny, its now a week since we supposedly submitted the deal for clearence.

Good old Everton they never fail to dissapoint. If there is anyway to fuck up a deal you can rest assured that Everton will find it.

They have had all summer to sort this out and once again they have dithered too long and lost out again.

I doubt we will get anyone decent in now with the window closing at the end of the week. Even if they did have someone else lined up it would take nine months to tie the deal up

they way i'm reading it is that we'll get yak. thank god!

''''The Benfica midfielder even spent an hour with chairman and owner Bill Kenwright assuring the Merseysiders that he would be joining them, before apparently heading home.

In fact, Fernandes flew to Valencia, and now looks certain to join them for a £12million fee.''''

but i think manny has chosen valencia over us, we've done the deal so why has he gone over there to have a medical. he wouldn't need to if he was choosing us.

i dont think this is the boards fault personally!

''at the last moment it looks as if Valencia, who play in Spain's Primera Liga where third-party contracts are no problem, have stepped in and offered around £10m for just 50% of the player, which means his owners would retain an interest in the player and any future transfer fees. ''

the only other thing i can read into it is maybe it was taken out of his hands. and his owners have said that he'll join valencia. so they'll still be gettin money out of him.

i jus dont know. all i'm going to say is i just hope it doesnt work out for him there and they realise that it's the wrong move for him. could have been a legend here instead he'll go into a big squad find it hard to play. when he could have come here, played week in week out, in the bestleague in the world!

as they say ''break a leg'' manny!!!

I think you have to blame the board , they have had all summer to finalise the deal weve had him on loan for half a season and yet they only decided that they want him halfway through August.

They should have moved for him straight away as soon as the season finished if they had Valencia would not have been able to gazump us

He went back to Barcelona, said he was happy at Barcelona. There was still all the controversy over third party ownership going on so maybe we didn't want to get involved and risk being fined/points deducted. So once Manure use their influence (which we don't have) with the FA to sort out a way round the third party thing we move back in, do a deal, agree terms, do a medical....he's as good as ours while the FA check the small print. Then he fucks off. How is that the boards fault? How does that make us a laughing stock?

It's a shame but if he doesn't want to play for us then he can fuck off with my blessing.

Stubbed my toe getting out of bed this morning....can I blame Bill Kenwright and Davey Moyes please as everything is their fault? They're probably sitting counting their money laughing at me.

He went back to Barcelona, said he was happy at Barcelona. There was still all the controversy over third party ownership going on so maybe we didn't want to get involved and risk being fined/points deducted. So once Manure use their influence (which we don't have) with the FA to sort out a way round the third party thing we move back in, do a deal, agree terms, do a medical....he's as good as ours while the FA check the small print. Then he fucks off. How is that the boards fault? How does that make us a laughing stock?

It's a shame but if he doesn't want to play for us then he can fuck off with my blessing.

Stubbed my toe getting out of bed this morning....can I blame Bill Kenwright and Davey Moyes please as everything is their fault? They're probably sitting counting their money laughing at me.

Well its not the boards fault for you stubbing your toe, I think thats down to you but its hardly surprising because you must be blind if you cant see that the board should have had this deal sorted a long time ago.

How come Man U can manage to sort out the Tevez deal in a couple of days yet we cant do it in a few months?

And before you point out the Tevez deal took months , the only delay was the dispute with West Ham and the thid party who owned him. Once that was sorted Man U moved SWIFTLY to tie up the deal

If anything they set the presedence for us and we still fucked it up

You cant blame the board for a player changing his mind but you can certainly point the finger at them for dithering for 4 months then losing out

What a surprise still no word from Everton.

Honestly think that if he was going to sign for us then we would have heard somethin from the board by now.

If he does not want to join us then fine come out and tell us that. Go and get somone else and we will move on.

But not to come out and say something when all these rumours are going around is just typical Everton.

There is something on the website - Says about an agreement for 6 seasons, 60 Mill Euro buy out clause etc. If thats what you mean?

Its not cut and dry though......He has to have a medical. I dont know how that works. If he has already signed a contract and fails the medical does that mean they are stuck with him? Thought it was always a medical first?!

http://www.valenciacf.es/

Sorry if this has been posted before.

i am actually furious on this one, im sorry to say this but i have lost so much faith in the ability to stabilise a crucial transfer,,, moyes needs to pull the trigger much earlier,, it is so F**KING frustrating, splash some cash, it is a worthy investment, he i experienced, skillfull and is 21 for f**ks sake, and now the yak deal ounds like its off,, i am so frustrated, and everyone here has the right to be

^^ Yano what mate, its not Moyes, its out board. All moyes does is says who he wants etc, and maybe a price he's worth and the board do the rest I think..

my bad, i just mean the club on the whole, i am watching the valencia V villereal game, they r talking about him atm, saying how he will add depth, so i am confident we have lost him... so frustrating..

Edited by tmaceverton404