IGNORED

Fernandes Very Close

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just being told by a sports journalist that the deal will go through tomorrow. He said Everton applied for clearence on monday and its will not take more than 3 days if there are no problems. He also said that he has not heard of any possible problems, the structure of the deal had already being given the ok by the FA. Believed to be the same structure as tevez deal with utd

So then that would only be a 2 year loan deal is that correct as tevez is on loan for 2 years first.

If that is the case that means can;t have any more loan signings this season as got Pienaer as well and think you can only have 2 loan signings I believe

just being told by a sports journalist that the deal will go through tomorrow. He said Everton applied for clearence on monday and its will not take more than 3 days if there are no problems. He also said that he has not heard of any possible problems, the structure of the deal had already being given the ok by the FA. Believed to be the same structure as tevez deal with utd

So im guessing this is a load of bollocks then.................My nan could have guessed most of that mate

Edited by blablabla

Just seen this in tonights Echo :-

The Blues are trying to take their spending for the week past £20m, by arranging a contract for Manuel Fernandes which is mutually agreeable to themselves and the Premier League.

Fernandes’ contract was co-owned by Benfica and a group of investment bankers called Global Sports Agency, but the Premier League is desperate to avoid any repeat of the Carlos Tevez/Javier Mascherano affair which marred the end of last season.

League rules allow the outside ownership of players provided that the third party does not have the “ability materially to influence” club policies or performance.

The League’s chief executive Richard Scudamore, however, has moved to tighten the rules following the unseemly saga over Tevez’s transfer to West Ham.

Clubs are now required to ensure that all documentation relating to the registration and employment of a player is submitted in advance of each transfer.

Bit confused , I thought we were meant to be buying him outright. Can anyone shed any light on it?

:huh:

Just seen this in tonights Echo :-

The Blues are trying to take their spending for the week past £20m, by arranging a contract for Manuel Fernandes which is mutually agreeable to themselves and the Premier League.

Fernandes’ contract was co-owned by Benfica and a group of investment bankers called Global Sports Agency, but the Premier League is desperate to avoid any repeat of the Carlos Tevez/Javier Mascherano affair which marred the end of last season.

League rules allow the outside ownership of players provided that the third party does not have the “ability materially to influence” club policies or performance.

The League’s chief executive Richard Scudamore, however, has moved to tighten the rules following the unseemly saga over Tevez’s transfer to West Ham.

Clubs are now required to ensure that all documentation relating to the registration and employment of a player is submitted in advance of each transfer.

Bit confused , I thought we were meant to be buying him outright. Can anyone shed any light on it?

:huh:

From what I have read, Everton are paying Benfica £6m for their 50% stake in Manny and are negotiating to buy the other 50% from the Global Sports group. This will be done further down the line. The contract resembles the Tevez contract, where they effectively loan the player for two years from the 3rd party, and then pay them a set fee.

Reports have said the other 50% of Manny's contract is around £6m as well, and will be paid in two years time.

3rd party does not have any way of affecting the players selection etc, then this is seen as OK.

Thats why the paperwork takes a while, just making sure that the loan contract doesn't have any loops for the 3rd party to influence selection. I think thats about right!? :D

From what I have read, Everton are paying Benfica £6m for their 50% stake in Manny and are negotiating to buy the other 50% from the Global Sports group. This will be done further down the line. The contract resembles the Tevez contract, where they effectively loan the player for two years from the 3rd party, and then pay them a set fee.

Reports have said the other 50% of Manny's contract is around £6m as well, and will be paid in two years time.

3rd party does not have any way of affecting the players selection etc, then this is seen as OK.

Thats why the paperwork takes a while, just making sure that the loan contract doesn't have any loops for the 3rd party to influence selection. I think thats about right!? :D

that sounds more like it