IGNORED

Yakubu Appeal Is A Yes

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers,

Hope DM has got something else up his sleeve then.

Couple of days ago all looking good with the sigings of Manny and Yak now Yak deal looks like off and dispite DM saying that Manny should sign in 24 hours 3 days ago reports now saying won't be til Wednesday at the earliest with reports that Benfica have sacked there manager.

Still plenty of time left

It may not actually be off, I emailed Ian Ross to ask whether it was totally dead in the water or if we could resurrect it and this was my reply -

Have we said its collapsed? Ah...sky sports news...must be right then

Interesting but then also they have never confirmed they are interested.

Makes me laugh with Sky Sports as on Friday they were saying that a fee had been agreed.

I expected him to sign but 12.5 million is high, we really do need a striker but theres more players for less who would be just as good if not better

Anelka

Huntelaar

Alves

McCarthy

Ricardo Cruz

Kone

Vagner Love

Defoe

Crouch :huh:

Koller

Any of them would be great signings instead, maybe McCarthy wont but its worth a try on all of them.

I still think a cheeky bid for Riquelme would come off because on SS it says the club say he is for sale and if anyone decent wanted him surely he would have went there by now?

Edited by Blue4Ever

cska moscow i think

oh and he's a brazilian striker, think he's played for the national team but never been a main fixture.

Huh. If we were going to raid CSKA I'd rather have seen us go after Yuri Zhirkov, their young and extremely talented left winger. Don't know much about Love, but if he's the next target I hope he can match Yakubu's scoring rate.

Still, I'm not going to assume this Yak deal is dead just yet; it's only one media outlet saying it so far.

Or was this deal just another bit of "feelgood factor" nicely timed to get the supporters votes in ? Now that the voting is over and probably being counted by now, i wouldnt be a bit surprised if the Manny deal also went tits up.

We have never been told either way about it, from an official source, so we won't find out 100% until the deadline passes or if he actually signs. When asked about it after the reading game moyes said that it didn't matter what he says as people would speculate anyway. Way to go on avoiding the subject davey.

One thing, isn't Vagner Love owned by MSI, i was talking about this the other day with my friend. Not about him going to everton as i didn't know anything about it, but we were taling about this MSI crap and he said that Love was another player owned by the company and that last year or the year before they tried to push a move out of russia for him

For those who dont know him, Vagner Love, 23, has been getting a lot of calls for the Brazilian national team since Dunga took over, but in my opinion has not done much (I'm brazilian, and been watching him closely). In 19 games, he has 8 goals. He had only 1 goal in the Copa America, and he played 90mins in every game except one. He might grow to be a great player, but probably not soon. If Everton decides to buy him, I hope he proves me wrong, and I hope they don't spend too much money, as there are better strikers out in the market; but that is just my opinion.

It’s a simple case of Moyes needing to recognise that it is a quality investment in putting the 12.5 into Yakubu, it is not that he has to choose between him and Manny. LOOK TO THE FUTURE, Anichibe and Yakubu, working together up front.. sounds pretty attractive to me, I think if Yak dosen’t work out, Moyes should seek out some of Mannys lads over in Portugal, there is a whole different level of skill there, plus they are young and come from what are pretty much feeder clubs, Arteta is so skillfull and Moyes should look for a young player who can potentially turn out like him

It’s a simple case of Moyes needing to recognise that it is a quality investment in putting the 12.5 into Yakubu, it is not that he has to choose between him and Manny. LOOK TO THE FUTURE, Anichibe and Yakubu, working together up front.. sounds pretty attractive to me, I think if Yak dosen’t work out, Moyes should seek out some of Mannys lads over in Portugal, there is a whole different level of skill there, plus they are young and come from what are pretty much feeder clubs, Arteta is so skillfull and Moyes should look for a young player who can potentially turn out like him

I would like to see us get Yak because we are desperate for a forward because Big Vic isnt ready yet, but I thought he was overpriced at £10M so £12.5M is absolutely ludicrous.

Granted he is good when he wants to be but he is also useless when he wants to be and that added to the fact we will lose him for 6 weeks during the busiest part of the season makes me think its a waste of money

Moyes is being clever... he will pay £11m for yakubu - boro want a bit more, so out comes the vagner love link, i'm sure this link is only a link for boro's benefit. Moyes showing interest elsewhere will worry boro - as they've already laid the foundations for yakubu to leave - leaving him out, chasing other strikers, signing mido, aliadiere, tuncay and whoever else. I may be wrong but this is how i see it - i'd expect him to sign for £11m (plus future incentives e.g top 4 finish).

Whatever happens I am happy that moyes can see what we need - a big fucker up top! Yakubu and Love are beasts of men - exactly what we need to partner johnson up top - we've got vaughan, who's a bit like AJ and we've got big vic who is a beast but still young so if we can get a more experienced victor type player, that'd be perfect - drogba, martins, adriano type player - athlete's who are a fucker to deal with! - love and yakubu are of this mould in my eyes!

One last point - if we did get this vagner love - what ridiculous hair EFC would have - pienaar, fernandes, love - there's a lot of hair care there!

I would like to see us get Yak because we are desperate for a forward because Big Vic isnt ready yet, but I thought he was overpriced at £10M so £12.5M is absolutely ludicrous.

Granted he is good when he wants to be but he is also useless when he wants to be and that added to the fact we will lose him for 6 weeks during the busiest part of the season makes me think its a waste of money

I agree 100% that vic isnt ready to play, its been evident through his start to the season, he is gonna be good up forward, i stll think we should bring in Yak, look, he (assuming we wins the respect of teammates) will be able to teach him a thing or to,,, but i reckon we try and get a striker who is a little less "Mark Viduka" and more of a Benjanji Or Kanu for Portsmouth, one of those players, is Yakubu quick????