IGNORED

Yakubu Appeal Is A Yes

:D

Lets just hope we dont hit long balls up to A.J and Yakubu because he will fail, im sure Moyes knows what to do with him.

Being sceptical I hope Yak does'nt end up like another Amokachi!!

Positively; this season will have seen us add 5 new signings (incl Manny!) who would grace many a first team....add that to Howard, Lescott, Joey, Arteta, Cahill and AJ and we are flyin....coyb

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realy think there's any point to that comment??

Yes . I was merely pointing out that just because he will have better players around him doesnt mean that he is going to be a better player.

His talent isnt whats being questioned its his work rate and attitude, if he mopes around the pitch for us like he has done for Pompey and Borro then I think we have paid way too much money for him

I am sure once he heard we were interested he jumped at the chance to come and join us. Who wouldnt want to move away from the awful fans that are Boro's. The only games they filled their stadium was when they were in the UEFA cup and even then most of them were probably neutrals. He will play with spirit here and he will be like a new player to watch in terms of passion.

My Dad has had me a bet that Viduka will score more at newcastle and that he would have been a better buy as he was on a free. We shall see :)

Just read that myself Mark....this bit is interesting,

Everton can afford the initial payments on the Yakubu deal themselves, along with the protracted move for Benfica's Manuel Fernandes, but the rest is believed to have been provided by Robert Earl, the American multi-millionaire and founder of the Planet Hollywood restaurant chain, who joined the board last season.

First I've hard of that.

Wouldn't put much on the Robert Earl comment - What does this journalist know more than anybody else. I am sure I have read that 'theory on this forum - when it was first mentioned that we where about to splash £20M on two players.

Anway, I am glad we have got the Yak, has scored plenty of goals in the Prem over the last 4 seasons so if a experienced Prem goal scorer in what can only be described as ordinary teams at best. I would like to think he will get more chances to score at with Everton.

I would hope we could expect around 15-20 goals from him in all comps

According to this mornings Daily Post he agreed terms last night and as he is the only fit forward at the club looks inline to start on Saturday

RECORD signing Aiyegbeni Yakubu is set to come to Everton’s rescue this weekend after agreeing his move to Goodison Park last night.

Think we still need another forward because hes away with Big Vic & joey for 6 weeks after Christmas and he hasnt scored in either of the last two seasons after Feb anyway! (£11.25M hope we dont live to regret this one)

I think Anichebe does want to play for England with Vaughan but its probly his family telling him to play for Nigeria. Personally I think if they both keep the heads up and train they will be the future of Everton Fc in a few years and even the front line for England.

Yakubu to score this week on his début I think or am I putting alot of pressure on haha, anyone think he will be above A.J in the odds for First Scorer if he plays?

i like vic, i really do, but i can not see him imoroving enough to be a regular starter. he doesnt seem haldf the player vaughan is, but i hope he proves me wrong.

im getting very excited at the prospect of aj yak arteta and manny in the same side thou

I think Yak coming will take a fair amount of pressure of AJ shoulders-

At the moment I think AJ is expected to get the goals, but now he shouldn't have to worry to much.

Record transfer fee thing of the past and a recognised goals scorer coming in as a partner.

This the days of 4-5-1 are going to be, in the main, a thing of the past.

I dont think that Aj wants to me number 9 or think that he would have been given it at the beginning of the season.

Can see Yak coming in and being given that and then giving Manny number 10 unless these rumours of wanting to me 37 are true.

Also would like to think that the record striker signing will be number 9.

"At the moment I think AJ is expected to get the goals, but now he shouldn't have to worry to much."

Our £9m striker shouldn't have to worry about getting goals?

I've not really seen the Yak play. What type of player is he? Is he going to fit in the team ethos?

How many of goals are penalties?

"At the moment I think AJ is expected to get the goals, but now he shouldn't have to worry to much."

Our £9m striker shouldn't have to worry about getting goals?

I've not really seen the Yak play. What type of player is he? Is he going to fit in the team ethos?

How many of goals are penalties?

Just read a brilliant quote that sums up the answer to your question “Some games he’s like Thierry Henry, some games he’s like Lenny Henry”

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2007/08/23/Everton...he-st/2716.html

From The Times -

Everton have signed Yakubu Ayegbeni for a club record £11.25 million from Middlesbrough, subject to a work permit. The Nigeria striker has signed a contract that will keep him at the club until June 2012 and is expected to make his début at home to Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.