IGNORED

Bolton

Sandman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 points from 15 is brilliant considering the games we've had, would have settled for 7 at the beginning of the season!

Should have had all 15 your too easily pleased, Reading have only scored 2 goals lost 4 out of five But they beat us, if we want to move up another notch we should be beating those teams and we were shite against Blackburn. should have played five and won five, the defence havent kept one clean sheet out of 5, not good enough.

Should have had all 15 your too easily pleased, Reading have only scored 2 goals lost 4 out of five But they beat us, if we want to move up another notch we should be beating those teams and we were shite against Blackburn. should have played five and won five, the defence havent kept one clean sheet out of 5, not good enough.

How expectations have changed :D , but you're right. Probably would have taken ten points at the start of the season but we need to start keeping some clean sheets, we've got the players to do it.

yeah great result!!!!!!!

jus got back! and i fought another difference was jags being switched to center mid with nev at right back!!!

fought yak and AJ were a menace in 1st half, but yak tired near end!!!!

we deserved it they had a 20 min spell when they scored thats it!!!!

Admittedly yes but at the beginning of the season surely wouldn't have expected 3 points at Spurs and 3 today? We weren't great again Bburn but they're a decent side and will be pushing for UEFA this season.

As Mikeo says it great that expectations have changed though, shows we're moving in the right direction!

We dont really deserve a win but im happy 2 take it B)

COME ON YOU BLUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+ WHat a cum back by fulham!

[/quote

Im presuming you were not at the game then. We thoroughly deserved the victory and if we had pressed on instead of sitting on the 1-0 lead i reckon we could have got a bag full We were comfortable at 1-0 in first half. They probably deserved to equalise but then we stepped up a gear and should have won by more

Baines got caught in the arl do I dont I scenario 4 Anelka goal. Poss should have been tighter on, but fuk what a FINISH from the apparently sulky 1.

I thought Yobo & Lescott were Immense, with the other 2 newer lads (Jags/Pienaar) showing plenty of yes please.

Heskey, sorry Yakubu did well ( stay on ya feet son ure a big lump)

Howard. Brill.

Tommy,well.

A bit of arm waving but he chimed in bloody well, Arteta a lil off pace,s till did some nice things & the Trotters pounced on him very quickly.

Seem's the Shiote bought the wrong Alonso.

Crackin game was well worth the late night -> as per ususal :)

We dont really deserve a win but im happy 2 take it B)

COME ON YOU BLUESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

+ WHat a cum back by fulham!

[/quote

Im presuming you were not at the game then. We thoroughly deserved the victory and if we had pressed on instead of sitting on the 1-0 lead i reckon we could have got a bag full We were comfortable at 1-0 in first half. They probably deserved to equalise but then we stepped up a gear and should have won by more

Totally agree with you but have a look at the match review on sportinglife. I think they were watching a different game or perhaps was written by a Bolton fan.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/...CER_Bolton.html

No-one played garbage today. AJ is no genuine centre forward but I love him for all his running. Great work for the first goal.

Is it any wonder Diouf is hated. He was flying through the air before Carsley was even near him. Credit to the ref for seeing it like it was.

"It was backs-to-the-wall stuff for Everton after that as the Trotters poured forward in search of an equaliser"

"That was a rare moment of respite for Everton, as was the half-time interval because even after the break there was no let up in pressure from Bolton"

what utter bollocks, at the beginning of the 2nd half they attacked us a lot but it was not a backs to the wall job in the 1st half at all.

I'm just loving the fact that having been pegged back to 1-1 away we're steaming forward looking for a winner. For years that, particularly somewhere like Bolton (at sometimes at Goodison) would have meant backs to the wall, dropping deeper and deeper deperately hanging on for a point. Says it all for me about where we are now and our level of expectation. Joint top of the league with Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal and we're pissed that we've not done better.....bring on ManU :D (shame Ronaldo's ban is up though :unsure: )!

absolutely no way we deserved to win, but a great result anyway.

thought yobo and lescott were good and baines improved as the game went on.

playing arteta on the wrong side was an absolute disaster, and gravesen showed more creativity in 30 minutes than carsley and neville have shown all season.

not very impressed with pienaar although more a case of him needing time to get on the same wave-length as his new teamates.

andy johnson is simply not a finisher -- great contribution to the goal, but his hesistancy in front of goal is quite alarming.

our defensive headers are problematic, often only going a few meters in the middle of the pitch putting us back under pressure -- for an example just look at the bolton goal.

still I think given the depth in the squad at present we have good reason to be as optimistic about our prospects as we have for many years.

errr, no but isn't T-E-L-E-V-I-S-I-O-N a marvelous invention!!!

funny how everyone on this site with a different opinion uses the "were you at the game", "I presume you weren't at the game", "well I know cos I was at the game" line!!!

that line may work if you've got decent seats at Goodison, but hardly holds up if you're stuck behind the posts at ground-level as is often the case at away games and are therefore "seeing" action from 100 meters away --- then us plebs who watch on tv may just be able to see a bit more than you guys!!!

:lol: Hostile!

I was only asking so I knew you perspective not because I wanted to be better than you for going the game!

absolutely no way we deserved to win, but a great result anyway.

thought yobo and lescott were good and baines improved as the game went on.

playing arteta on the wrong side was an absolute disaster, and gravesen showed more creativity in 30 minutes than carsley and neville have shown all season.

not very impressed with pienaar although more a case of him needing time to get on the same wave-length as his new teamates.

andy johnson is simply not a finisher -- great contribution to the goal, but his hesistancy in front of goal is quite alarming.

our defensive headers are problematic, often only going a few meters in the middle of the pitch putting us back under pressure -- for an example just look at the bolton goal.

still I think given the depth in the squad at present we have good reason to be as optimistic about our prospects as we have for many years.

IMO we did deserve the win we created everything and again just lacked the killer edge.

Lescott was all over the place first half but imense second haf, baines put in another quality performance start to finish and looked good at the back and when he want forward.

Pienaar was the cause of much debate on the coach on the way home but only if he should have snatched the MOTM award because everything went through him, he tracked back, asked for the ball and ran with it creating loads and always hitting a blue shirt.

I thought the header for the goal was poor when I watched it back and Lescott missed several in the first half but it's the first time we've looked shakey at the back all season for me.

I agree about Johnson his workrate is amazing but he's paid to hit the net and doesnt look like doing it a the mo'

MOTM in my book was Tommy he was fantastic when he came on.

I watched MOTD on Saturday & again Sunday morning and my view of what I saw from near the front of the upper tier never realy changed.

Just my opinion tho mate!

I dont understand whats Wrong with Johnson, His last game last season was against arsenal wasn't it and he scored, then he got injured, and now he has no confidence at all, its painfully obvious, as he's controlling the ball when he should just hit it, on saturday the 1on1 with jaaskalinen he could even have taken it round him then slotted it home,

Still if He scores 3 against man u in 2 weeks we wont be compaining

The reason Why Johnson is not scoring is because he is doing the work of wingers, imo we are still badly lopsided we dont have any natural wide players and johnson is being asked to run the wings far too much.

Just watched the Villa vs Chelsea game again on TV, and its a long time since i've seen Chelsea outplayed, Ashley Young, and Agbonlahor tore Chelsea apart. The wingers should be doing What johnson did yesterday and maybe they might lay some on a plate for him, I'm so disappointed that we didnt buy at least one natural winger.

Maybe Pienaar might take the opportunity to stake his claim, has always looked capable each time he's made an appearance, just needs to get up to speed with Premiership pace, he obviously has the ability and will (i hope) get better.

Good all round performance against Bolton, and as Mike has said, it was good to see they went chasing the win rather than settle for the Draw. Any away win is a good win but now we have to start doing it at home in two weeks time.

I think the problem with AJ, and it will probably become a problem for Yak as well, is that they're too isolated. Our midfield havn't been supporting the strikers at all. It's highlighted when AJ does get the ball on the wing, theres often only one person in or around the box for him to give the ball to. Sort that out and things would improve IMO.

Yeah my sentiments exactly Mark, if we had wingers to do that AJ would be in the box a bit more often with the Yak.

AJ s Stats says he has had more shots on target than any other prem striker, (19 before the Bolton game) shows he's still doing it but unfortunately they are being blocked or saved. Goals will come.

I know where your both coming from but it says alot that he's had more shot's on target than anyone and scored none, the lad just doesnt seem to be concentrating at the crucial moment.

Liam, i would be a bit more worried if he wasnt getting into position and only had 6 shots, all strikers go through similar periods. Maybe the arrival of theYak will ease the pressure. Goals will come. :D

yeah, shots being saved wasnt beattie's problem, his problem was he did fuck all and never shot. AJ's goals will come, the arrival of yak will help him lots. And the problem of the strikers being isolated stems from playing 2 defensive midfielders in a 4-4-2 system. if youre gonna play 2 DMers you need an AM like cahill/ossie/pienaar in front of them.

Liam, i would be a bit more worried if he wasnt getting into position and only had 6 shots, all strikers go through similar periods. Maybe the arrival of theYak will ease the pressure. Goals will come. :D

Sure they will....it's just the confidence not to take the extra touch, like when Tommy put him through on Saturday. On form he'd have hit it second touch instead of third. Every confidence in him myself.