IGNORED

Fulham. ( Home )

Bill

Back to the Bread and butter games in the League.

I like to see us revert back to the 4-5-1 that has played quite a few spells of good football the 4-4-2 didnt look so good last night especially with McFadden in for Osman. The only problem for Moyes is does Yakubu come back or does he give Vaughan a run. my team selection is dependant on fitnes to Yobo and Vaughan.

......................... HOWARD ........................

. NEVILLE ..... YOBO ..... LESCOTT ..... BAINES

ARTETA . CARSLEY . CAHILL . OSMAN . PIENAAR

...................YAKUBU or VAUGHAN ..............

......................... HOWARD ........................

. NEVILLE ..... YOBO ..... LESCOTT ..... BAINES

ARTETA . CARSLEY . CAHILL . OSMAN . PIENAAR

...................YAKUBU or VAUGHAN ..............

I'd go with that team too. If Yobo is still injured slot Jags in and hopefully it'll give him a bit of confidence having started two games on the trot. If it was gonna be 442 though I'd keep Ossie out and play Yak and Vaughan together.

2-0 to us. Joley and Yak.

I'd go with that team too. If Yobo is still injured slot Jags in and hopefully it'll give him a bit of confidence having started two games on the trot. If it was gonna be 442 though I'd keep Ossie out and play Yak and Vaughan together.

2-0 to us. Joley and Yak.

Why does every1 always put lescott down to score?

yh he's scored 5, but he aint going to.

It will Obviously be Yakubu upfront and not Vaughan.

good day out, either a cumfy 2-0 or a 3-1

EDIT... Yes Would Love to see BAines Take a few Free Kicks, but dont think he;s going to edge out Arteta, do you?

I think he's like a Carlos, just rifle them

Edited by jacko1990

Why does every1 always put lescott down to score?

yh he's scored 5, but he aint going to.

It will Obviously be Yakubu upfront and not Vaughan.

good day out, either a cumfy 2-0 or a 3-1

EDIT... Yes Would Love to see BAines Take a few Free Kicks, but dont think he;s going to edge out Arteta, do you?

I think he's like a Carlos, just rifle them

Are you mystic Meg? It's a bit of fun that's all lad.

Think we should win this week again.

My team would be:

----------------HOWARD-----------------

JAGIELKA--YOBO----LESCOTT--BAINES

ARTETA---CAHILL---CARSLEY--PIENAAR

------------YAKUBU---VAUGHAN----------

If Mcfadden starts on saturday im going to rip my hair out!!

3-0

Edited by Blue4Ever

Think we should win this week again.

My team would be:

----------------HOWARD-----------------

JAGIELKA--YOBO----LESCOTT--BAINES

ARTETA---CAHILL---CARSLEY--PIENAAR

------------YAKUBU---VAUGHAN----------

If Mcfadden starts on saturday im going to rip my hair out!!

3-0

That makes the midfield pretty lightweight, if arteta and pienaar are wide and carsley sits back cahill will get overun, he's not the best of tacklers, i would prefer to see osman back in with cahill helping the forward. Whoever it might be.

And you know Moyes wont drop Neville. :D

That makes the midfield pretty lightweight, if arteta and pienaar are wide and carsley sits back cahill will get overun, he's not the best of tacklers, i would prefer to see osman back in with cahill helping the forward. Whoever it might be.

And you know Moyes wont drop Neville. :D

Yer he wont that would just be my team if it was up to me, Cahill doesnt do enough in overall play to have a hole formation built around him if you know what I mean because thats why we play it to get the best out of him. his goals are priceless just when he plays behind the striker he's basicly up front anyway and Id much rather see Yak + Vaughan up front together which imo would be some lethal partnership.

Edited by Blue4Ever

This will be an interesting game, we will get to see whether Moyes rates us as a 451 team or a 442 team. I agree with blue4ever about cahill not having a great all round game, he was very quiet yesterday untill he was pushed forwards to sit just behind the forwards. However we do play best with cahill as our playmaker sitting just behind a forward (and he seems to be mixing well with yak).

But against a team like fulham i really think we need to try for 442, cahill will need to adapt to playing in a 4 man midfield (im not saying he plays badly in a 4 man midfield, he just excells in a 5 man mid)

I would play:

Howard

Neville Lescott Jags Baines

Arteta Cahill Carsley Pienaar

Yak Vaughn

I find it very interesting that no-one has pick AJ at all in their formations

I too would like to see us in a 442, just to see if we can adapt, and much better to do it against a fulham rather and an arsenal or somebody.

Lets see AJ and YAK up front together with Cars and Cahill in the middle and peinar/arteta wide

I think it was Cahill who got the penalty in the first half, in the 4-4-2 formation. Hows that for making an impact

I really dont know what people expect from these plays sometimes

Is that 9 games unbeaten now

Taken from the Fulham main website forum!

In the thread marked Everton Match!

Couple of quotes!.....We have never, ever in the history of the world won there mate! It's going to take a miracle.

Record in league, at Goodison! Everton 15 wins, Fulham 0 wins, Draws 0.

Another says!

Everton isn't a massive game(in responce to someone saying it was), it's a nil pointer for us!

So there not too confident then!.....someone also points out that at this moment less than 200 tickets for the Everton game have been sold.

A more optomistic fan points out, that we (Everton) do have two dodgy central defenders, didn't mention Yobo by name....but certainly Lescott!!!

Everton win!!.........Goal or two from our dodgy Central defenders would be nice.

Taken from the Fulham main website forum!

In the thread marked Everton Match!

Couple of quotes!.....We have never, ever in the history of the world won there mate! It's going to take a miracle.

Record in league, at Goodison! Everton 15 wins, Fulham 0 wins, Draws 0.

Another says!

Everton isn't a massive game(in responce to someone saying it was), it's a nil pointer for us!

So there not too confident then!.....someone also points out that at this moment less than 200 tickets for the Everton game have been sold.

A more optomistic fan points out, that we (Everton) do have two dodgy central defenders, didn't mention Yobo by name....but certainly Lescott!!!

Everton win!!.........Goal or two from our dodgy Central defenders would be nice.

England & bandwaggon comes to mind!

I find it very interesting that no-one has pick AJ at all in their formations

I still love AJ, but the reason i didn't say AJ to start is that he played most of the game on wednesday, ran his socks off for mos of it and he has only recently came back from injury, think he might be to tired to be able to use his most important asset, his pace.

I think that given time Yak and AJ could form a good partership (but i did think that about aj and beats), just for this game i would prefer to see vaughn given a run out.

I still love AJ, but the reason i didn't say AJ to start is that he played most of the game on wednesday, ran his socks off for mos of it and he has only recently came back from injury, think he might be to tired to be able to use his most important asset, his pace.

I think that given time Yak and AJ could form a good partership (but i did think that about aj and beats), just for this game i would prefer to see vaughn given a run out.

Im not critisizing at all, it just shows how much we have come on. AJ would have been one of the first on the team sheet last season even when he wasnt scoring we all appreciated the work ethic

I have a idea that he will relish the opportunity of puttin his two most expensive strikers on show to see what happens, still like to see that 4-4-2

The thought of having AJ and Yak both in form, and both playing together is actually a little bit sexy. When they played together at the beggining of the season Yak was very unfit but seems to have slimmed down and improved his overall fitness, he hasn't really played with AJ while on form.

When we get that partership up and running we will be an even stronger force. Lovely stuff.

(I would still like to see Vaughn start tomorrow though)

Don't think Brian McBride's fit for Fulham!Shame for him, but as he always seems to score against us, maybe a plus point for us!

As for our strikers! AJ and Yakubu both know that Vaughan and Anichebe are there, just the other side of that white line, waiting!While Cahills fit and on form that probably means Anichebe wont get a chance as the lone striker, so Moyes's dilema is who from AJ, Yakubu and Vaughan starts....can think of a few managers who would like that problem.

Fulham will have to do really well to get a point today, just can't see it though.

Don't think Brian McBride's fit for Fulham!Shame for him, but as he always seems to score against us, maybe a plus point for us!

As for our strikers! AJ and Yakubu both know that Vaughan and Anichebe are there, just the other side of that white line, waiting!While Cahills fit and on form that probably means Anichebe wont get a chance as the lone striker, so Moyes's dilema is who from AJ, Yakubu and Vaughan starts....can think of a few managers who would like that problem.

Fulham will have to do really well to get a point today, just can't see it though.

True. its a good position to be in, wasn't long ago that the striking options we had to choose from where Beattie, Bent, McFadden and Fergeson. None of whom would get passed Yak, AJ, Vauhnny, Vic imo.

"Everton boss David Moyes has made three changes from the side that defeated Zenit in midweek.

Yakubu, Joseph Yobo and Leon Osman return to the side at the expense of Andrew Johnson, James McFadden and Phil Jagielka, who all drop to the bench for the encounter with the Cottagers.

That means a return to the 4-4-1-1 formation that has worked so well in recent weeks, with Tim Cahill providing support for Yakubu.

Yobo returns to partner Joleon Lescott in the heart of defence, with Leighton Baines continuing at left-back and Phil Neville at right-back in place of the injured duo of Nuno Valente and Tony Hibbert.

The bench is Stefan Wessels alongside the striking trio of Johnson, McFadden and Anichebe with the versatile Jagielka adding to the manager's options."

Why have three strikers on the bench? Surely someone like grav would be worth a punt on the bench, or dare i say it....VDM. 3 strikers on the bench seems awfully stupid to me.

No complaints about the starting line up really, should easily put this game away. Its a shame Vaughny isn't on the bench though- could have made all our outfield subs forwards

Lets just hope that yobo's ankle holds up, could be in alot of trouble. Hope that it aint to serious for Baines, must be frustrating for him, he's only just got back into the squad after injury.

Agreed.

Sounds like the weather is making things very difficult. Big leveller, be grateful to get a 1-0 out of this :) .