IGNORED

Yakubu

Well, of course Grant probably wants him; you don't need to have inside connections to reason that out. Who wouldn't want him right now, with the form he's in? There's no way Moyes is going to sell him, though, and Yak's never been the type who gets all starry-eyed at the first hint of interest from a bigger club, so if the article writer is a closet Liverpool or Chelsea fan trying to unsettle him, forget it. Remember, this was the guy who chose of his own volition to stay with Portsmouth in 2004 and help them consolidate their Premiership status, even though he had his pick of offers from other clubs and could've easily pulled a Pascal Chimbonda on them.

The laziest piece of journalisum I have ever read. The person who wrote this artical should be ashamed to call himself a sports journalist, he not even considered the basic facts!!!

1. Yakubu is hardly going to be the best player to cover for African nations boud Drogba and more importantly,

2. The Yak has played for two clubs already this season (Middlesbrough and Everton), so really can't see Chelsea paying £16m for a player this Janaury - who would not be eligible to play for them until August 2008!!!

• 3 years later...

If he got fire in his belly again, and took his finger out of his arse and chased balls 3 feet away from himself,it'd be like a new signing for us. 1 last push yak you owe Everton that much!

Agree.

If he showed us even a little bit of why we signed him then he would be first name on the sheet at the minute

neither can i? thats his chance of being a first team striker in the premiership gone, would have only been a season in the prem though cant see them surviving at all.

Nor me. Yak in his current state wont make the difference either

Im not his biggest fan right now but I will put that behind us if he gets fit and in form. I fear he will see out his contract and ferk off to some dogshit league that pays the dough. I will most certainly call him a cunt if he does that

Nor me. Yak in his current state wont make the difference either

Im not his biggest fan right now but I will put that behind us if he gets fit and in form. I fear he will see out his contract and ferk off to some dogshit league that pays the dough. I will most certainly call him a cunt if he does that

That's exactly what's going through his mind, so get ready to call him one!