IGNORED

Fernandes Set For Everton Return

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just ask that all those of you that will be at his first game for us don't go too crazy when they announce his name.

lets remember that this is a player that pretty much stitched us up on a transfer where he was 90% ours. the contract was there, he'd agreed to join, he was in the City and he fucked right off to Spain where it appears they didn't really want him that much anyway.

I'm glad to have him back as what I saw of him he looked like a good player for our side, but I want to see him prove himself again before I wank over posters of him.

And yes like Yakubu has I want to see Fernandes moulded into the Everton way, getting stuck into challenges and working hard all over the field as well as doing what we already know he can.

Hopefully we've agreed a fee like we did with Arteta and Pienaar so we can get him in the summer if we want him at a decent price.

I don't sound too impressed but I am very pleased to see us getting another centre mid espcially with our current shortage in midfield.

^^^^

In all fairness i don't think it was manny that fucked us over it was his representation. In an a interview he gave he said that he was completly in the dark over what happened. Personally i think we should give him a great response, if we do then maybe big bill will realise how much we like him and not dither in the summer and get his check book out

Also has he played in europe this season? Is he eligible for eufa?

Here's the rule:

For all matches from the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League, and from the UEFA Cup Round of 32, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remainder of the tournament, providing they do so by 1 February 2007.

One player from that quota of three may have played in a different club competition for their former side, so a UEFA Champions League contender could sign a player from a team who had been in the UEFA Cup and vice versa. He could not be registered if the clubs were in the same competition, for example if the transfer was between two sides, one or both of whom had dropped into the UEFA Cup from the UEFA Champions League.

In plainer English, back in September or October we submitted a list of 25 (I think) players to UEFA that we were declaring eligible to participate in the UEFA Cup for us. We're allowed to swap out a maximum of three players from that list of 25 before the knockout phase starts. One (but only one) of those changes can be someone who played in the UCL, but not the UEFA Cup. So we're free to use Manny, assuming he's the only such player that we sign, because Valencia only played in the UCL AND because they got eliminated in fourth place. If they finish third instead and drop into the UEFA Cup, then we're screwed because it would've become a "same competition" transfer.

Think its great news.

Have seen what the team is like without Arteta and Piennar and this gives us another creative player to supply the balls to the forwards.

Would like to see another defence midfielder come in on loan or free (maybe Vogal) for cover for Carsley, but think after that then squad does not look that bad til the summer.

Be interesting to see what reaction he gets when plays and if there will be any comment from him about why didn't join last time.

He never fuked us up it was his agent and Miguel of Valencia he aparantley has a chat with Manny and druged him and took him to the Trainin ground to finish the deal! NOT REALLY true about Miguel talkin him in to it tho. His agent wanted a big club so they could pay him off his third party money.

Kenwright's just been on SSN and said Manny actually phoned Moyes asking to come back. He also said Manny didn't leave under a cloud. And that there's no truth in the rumours of Moyes going to the barcodes.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3037057,00.html

That'll be the line to get the fans back on side! If he did then fair play but there's a couple of ways to take that - doesn't matter to me... WELCOME BACK MANNY! - doubt he'll get any abuse anyway as he's THAT good.

Interview with Moyes about Manny on official website now

"We would have (made it permanent) but because of the third party agreement it was impossible, which is something I agree with.

"I think in football it should be correct that players should be owned by the clubs so I have to agree with that, but he's now back here and we’ll see how he does again. Whether we would be able to afford him is another question!"

Sounds like Valencia might ask for the world for him, obviously we have no option to sign him.

Also does anyone know what manny's owenership is at the moment? Is he still 3rd party or do valencia own him outright

Edited by jamiemaher85