IGNORED

Manchester City. (home)

Bill

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not too confidence about this one i'm afraid. think it will be a tough game and while I don't think we'll lose it'll be a tough one to win. 1-0 probably if we do win however my prediction is 1-1 with a goal from Cahill.

I don't think Fernandes will start if he does join in time, might get on the bench if fully fit, as our centre mid choice on the bench would be between him and Gravesson I think he'd probably get 20 minutes.

4) Man City.... Played - 21... Goal Diff ..+7....Pts... 39

6) Everton..... Played - 21... Goal Diff ..+15...Pts... 36

Says it all.

C.O.Y.B....!!!

I think if it's all done and dusted today then there's a good chance he'll start against City. Someone on here said yesterday that we've lost 4 of the last 6, from memory (don't quote me on this) we've lost all 4 of those games when playing a 442 (Oldham, Chelsea, Man Utd, the only one I'm not sure about was Arsenal) we beat Bolton with a 451 and ok we beat Boro with a 442. If my memory is serving me correct, that means we are still unbeaten when playing a 451 this season - so Fernandes needs to be brought in and we need to get back to the system that suits our whole midfield and strikeforce. Ok, now Manny has signed it gives us more of a hope of being able to play 442 effectively, but I still think we need another superb CM to go with him so I'd stick with 451 and get back to basics. Man City are good defensively in the main, so we need to make sure we keep it tight and dominate the possession. If he's fit, I'd play him - he's got to be better than the alternatives.

Hope manny PLays, Man City are a Very good Team this season, and it Moyes plays Hibbert he well get ripped to Shreds By Petrov, which is why we will need Manny to play so Pip can go back to RB.

Probs a 1-1 or 0-0

But will bet on 1-0 Arteta.

I have a feeling that Arteta will really turn it on this Saturday, I thought he was back to his best against Arsenal, pity about the red card!

Tbh it would be ridiculous to start Manny. He's not match fit having barely played, and with Man City having pace to burn it would be a stupid decision to start him. Remember when he first signed? He was sluggish even coming off the bench due to not being match fit.

depends how fit he is, if he's fit then I'd start him. Our record this season with 442 is poor, we'd be in the bottom half of the table, in 451 we're unbeaten - we need to play 451, if Fernandes is fit (or close enough) then I'd play him as a nearly fit Manny and a well oiled 451 is better than an ineffective 442 with two strikers who get no service (see Chelsea first half). If he's way out of shape then obviously not, but I'd still play 451! That being said, I think Man City are in a false position, I really don't think they're that good.

As for Jags at RB, Yobo is at African Nations so I assume he will be playing at CB in his place with Lescott and Baines LB. To be honest, Jags has looked very shaky at RB so I'd rather see Hibbert there, he may be rubbish on the ball but he doesn't very often get beaten 1 on 1. Jags isn't much better on the ball anyway and lacks pace imo. He looks like he may make it at CB after some excellent performances (couple of mistakes and positional questions aside) but everywhere else I've seen him play for us he looked poor.

4) Man City.... Played - 21... Goal Diff ..+7....Pts... 39

6) Everton..... Played - 21... Goal Diff ..+15...Pts... 36

Says it all.

C.O.Y.B....!!!

Think City's away form is what we should be looking at...

Played 10 W2 D4 L4 Goals 10 Against 15 Pts 10

They're not the same team as they are at home. It's a must win.

Manny on the bench if he signs would be my guess. Baines played seventy minutes for the reserves on Wednesday so maybe he'll come into a five man mid with Arteta, Carsley, Faddy and TC? Vic and JV both scored on Wednesday but sure we'll start with AJ up front. Same defence as Tuesday and we should have enough imo. Would put us in fifth at worst, fourth if Liverpool slip up at 'Boro (not out of the question), and get the optimism level back up to pre-Christmas levels again!

Think City's away form is what we should be looking at...

Played 10 W2 D4 L4 Goals 10 Against 15 Pts 10

They're not the same team as they are at home. It's a must win.

Manny on the bench if he signs would be my guess. Baines played seventy minutes for the reserves on Wednesday so maybe he'll come into a five man mid with Arteta, Carsley, Faddy and TC? Vic and JV both scored on Wednesday but sure we'll start with AJ up front. Same defence as Tuesday and we should have enough imo. Would put us in fifth at worst, fourth if Liverpool slip up at 'Boro (not out of the question), and get the optimism level back up to pre-Christmas levels again!

the only slight concern is that City won their last away game I think! but yes, I don't think City are that good, we could do with getting back to winning ways. I think you may be spot on, hopefully Neville will be RB as he is by far and away our best RB, then get 5 into midfield - it's just a question of who. If Manny isn't at all match fit then I would also bring Baines in and put him on the wing, but then I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of McFadden in CM, unless he moves him to the RW and Arteta into CM but then, imo, we have far too many players out of position and I think Arteta needs to be on the wing. I think there is a possibility Neville will be in CM and Hibbert will be RB, hopefully not but that's what I can see happening. Actually Baines will almost certainly be LB as Yobo is out and I can't see Moyes pairing Stubbs with Jags?

Hmmmm, when I said same defence as Tuesday I actually meant...er....that....um...OH fuck it, I'd forgotten Joey was off..there I've said it. What a dope :unsure: .

:D

really wonder what Moyes will do, he must have a selection headache at the moment, I can only assume he will look at Fernandes in training and make a decision - I mean the guy hasn't been injured has he? he just hasn't been playing much, but I assume he's been playing for the reserves in which case he's not going to get any fitter until we play him! Cahill hadn't played all season but because we so desperately needed him we chucked him straight back in and went on an 11/13 game unbeaten streak, Fernandes could play - that would be seriously exciting!

I think it would be a mistake to start him. He won't be match fit. I would love him to make an appearance from the bench but i would be very shocked if he started. But in all fairness i am very shocked he might be here at all.

As for starting team i would plump for:-

Howard

Hibbert Jags J.LO Baines

Cars

Spud NevilleCahill Mcfadden

AJ Vic

Subs: Turner,Nuno, Manny, Vaughn, Stubbs? is he fit yet

EDIT:- forgot about mcfadden. put him theri instead now

This is going to be a very tough game and we're really going to have to dig deep to get something from it. As long as Samaras doesn't get another brace against us i'll be happy

Edited by jamiemaher85

I think it would be a mistake to start him. He won't be match fit. I would love him to make an appearance from the bench but i would be very shocked if he started. But in all fairness i am very shocked he might be here at all.

As for starting team i would plump for:-

Howard

Hibbert Jags J.LO Baines

Cars

Spud NevilleCahill Mcfadden

AJ Vic

Subs: Turner,Nuno, Manny, Vaughn, Stubbs? is he fit yet

EDIT:- forgot about mcfadden. put him theri instead now

This is going to be a very tough game and we're really going to have to dig deep to get something from it. As long as Samaras doesn't get another brace against us i'll be happy

12 man starting 11?