IGNORED

Manchester City. (home)

Bill

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

really wonder what Moyes will do, he must have a selection headache at the moment, I can only assume he will look at Fernandes in training and make a decision - I mean the guy hasn't been injured has he? he just hasn't been playing much, but I assume he's been playing for the reserves in which case he's not going to get any fitter until we play him! Cahill hadn't played all season but because we so desperately needed him we chucked him straight back in and went on an 11/13 game unbeaten streak, Fernandes could play - that would be seriously exciting!

There are no reserve teams, as we know them, on the continent. Fernandes will have merely been training whenever he hasn't played.

There are no reserve teams, as we know them, on the continent. Fernandes will have merely been training whenever he hasn't played.

interesting, I had no idea. don't Inter Milan have about a 50 man squad, they must have some seriously frustrated, not to mention out of shape, players!

The Daily Post says he can but SSN said it wasn't done in time. So absolutely no idea, we'll find out when the team is released.

Moyes wrapped up his second signing of the transfer window last night when Manuel Fernandes’ loan move from Valencia was rubber-stamped but it is “unlikely” that there will be any more additions before the end of the month.

From the POST, but it still doesnt say if he is eligible to play, and looks as if thats it for players untill summer.

Come back soon please Osman and Pienaar.

Fernandes deal now complete but clearence not recieved enough to play today.

Johnson fuckin injured again.

team for today is:

Tim Howard, Tony Hibbert, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Jorge Nuno Valente, Mikel Arteta, Lee Carsley, Phil Neville, James McFadden, Tim Cahill, Victor Anichebe

Subs: Stefan Wessels, Leighton Baines, Thomas Gravesen, James Vaughan, Alan Stubbs

Quiet on here! Sounds an acceptable first half without being too inspiring....good goal though apparently, Goal of the Month contender according to the Beeb. Keep it like this and with Liverpool losing and playing shite by all accounts at 'Boro and we'll be fourth. Second goal early in the second half would put City to bed I think. COYB!!!

Edit. Goal was Bergkamp-esque according to Garth Crooks :o !

Edited by MikeO

It was a tap in from about 3 yards. :D

Crooks and Palmer are creaming their pants over it Bill....strange. Sounds like a nice build-up from Neville and Arteta, be interested to see it.

They also showed the lad hit the bar in the half time interval, driving off in a top range Audi apparently, good for him....some speculation Derby may be in for him next week :P .

Edited by MikeO

ime sure nuno will play today as i think hes a better defender than bains...i think bains heading ability lets him down and moyes does like defenders to defend.otherwise he will play stubbs with lescotte left back.

By the way, that was a good shout Patto i think you were the only one to pick Nuno, everybody else went for Baines.

Think the majority got the 1-0 scoreline right.

ime sure nuno will play today as i think hes a better defender than bains...i think bains heading ability lets him down and moyes does like defenders to defend.otherwise he will play stubbs with lescotte left back.

ABSOULTE BULSHIT, try watching games mate. Nuno was shite today IMO, doesnt have a fukin clue what to do when he gets in the other half.

Hibbert had an excellent game today and was my MOTM. Martin Petrov who is a very good winger could not get past him all game, and if he did Hibbert stop most crosses going into the box. Its nice to see him playing well because somnetimes he doesnt deserve all the criticism he gets.

Arteta Was such a Big Influence today, would have lsot with out him, Hibbert Cant go forward mate, and made some shockers, whereas Lescott WAs Brilliant all game, Sweeped up everything, and Buried our goal!

Fantastic result for us today, poor second half performance, but City didn't really create enough to deserve anything. Hibbert was my MOTM, one of his best performances ive seen for a long time. Lescott and Spud put good shifts in as well. Nuno was fucking awful though, shouldn't get near to the squad on strength of that performance. Though that we picked up in the second half when Vaughn came on, he starting to look more lively again and will be good to get him back to his best.

Not the best performances but a really important 3 points.