IGNORED

Spurs (home)

Bill

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

i also think that woodgate is so overated i dont think hes better then jags do be honest!!

anyway to the game.i think we will draw 0-0. i just dnt think we have anything upfront with aj well not on hisown anyway id rather play aj on the wing to be honest and big vic upfront on his own.

either 0-0 or 1-0 to the blues. victor with the goal

I have to agree with you. Just becasue he has pace there's no need to put him on the wing.

Back to the woodgate debate, he is class when fit (not world-class, but i really don't want to start a new Arteta/ Hunt argument on what world class is) But Woodgate being fit is a big if. The point i was making was that buying one of the worlds most injury prone defenders to sure up one of the leagues most injury prone defence's surely ins't the smartest move. I'm not doubting the class of the lad as i do quite like him, just can rely on him to stay fit for 5 games in a row.

Even though they've signed woodgate I'd be a bit surprised if they threw him right into the side. They've also got dawson out suspended. Is King even fit, they played Huddlestone there on the weekend. I really think we'll be able to win this one. Without Cahill I imagine we will revert to a 4-4-2. So I'd imagine:

-------Howard---------

Hibbert--Jags--Lescott--Nuno

Arteta--Manny--Cars--Osman/Neville

----Aj----Vaughan----

3-1 to us. Lescott, Vaughan and Manny for us, Jenas for them.

^ grav is deffo out. Ossie will be played I think if he's anything above 75% fit cos we are down to bearer than bear bones here.

Somehow tho I fancy us to pull it out the bag here.

2-1 to us.

---howard----

nev-jags-jol-nuno

art-cars-manny-ossie

--aj-vic--

BELIEVE

Edited by EFCfanatic

If we play that team I'm changing my prediction from a 1-1 to a 3-0 to them :mellow:

I dont think we would stand a chance either.

--------------Howard---------------

Nev-----Jags-------Lescott---Nuno

Arteta--Fernandes---Cars---Osman

-------Vaughan----Anichebe/A.J-----

^^ Thats the best we can hope for, why not Gosling or Baxter on the bench instead of playing a 15 man squad :huh:

I Have got more faith in Vic and Vaughan than A.J recently :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue4Ever

Ossie is looking grim.

Stubbs is lookin like having to come in to the guts & Its either Jags or Pip @ RB with 1 or the other the other in MF ( be loathe to move Jag's but....Prob prefer @ Rb than in Mf)....Theres Fuk all else we can really do ?

Unless Anderson or VDM get a starting gig,

cant see that.

If you half fancy yourself, take your Boots along, You may just get a run off the BENCH...!!!

VDM if fit will be on the bench, he's lost a lot of weight but the question mark is whether he's got match sharpness after his gashed leg. Graveson probably starting or stubbs with Jag's at RB

4-4-2: AJ and Anichebe if DM has any sense, AJ on his own up front is never going to do anything for us, He is not a physically Strong Striker, don't agree with that system 100% anyway and if moyes expects versatility in his players he needs to show some in his tatics, a few suprises would be useful. We are at home after all.

Chelsea would have been laughing when they saw we where playing the same tactics as in the first leg - Makallele/lMikel what difference did we expect? I understand why we went that way but if was always going to be down to luck with those tactics, barring maybe 1 opportunites that required a precision finish class finish.