IGNORED

Spurs (home)

Bill

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll need to play well. Unlikely to scrap a win as against City and Wigan, but hopefully we'll do it. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world (if we'd been offered four points from Spurs at the start of the season we'd have taken it no question) but I'll go 2-1...Ossie and an Arteta pen.

They've just signed Woodgate as a replacement. £8 million.

Woodgate and King is potentially a top level pairing, whether either/both play on Wednesday is another matter (is Woodgate fit?). Even if they do it'll take them a while to settle in....I hope :unsure: .

Edited by MikeO

These next two games could define our season...league-wise. If we were to pick up six points (big ask) we'd then have clear space below us, with the probable exception of Liverpool. We'd be odds-on for fifth place and in a position to push on for fourth (with the African lads back) without having to worry too much about looking over our shoulders all the time. Four points from the two would be a bloody good performance also, would mean ten from twelve without Yak, Joey and Pienaar, we couldn't have hoped for more than that.

Mike, if we win the next to Games i still feel we will have Villa on our heels still, their next 3 Fixtures and Fulham, Newcastle and then Reading, much easier fixtures than us and a should win games for Villa.

Will be a tough game cos Spurs are not that tough defensively without King, but going forward they are Brilliant, Jenas Lennon, Berbatov and Keane are extremley good at getting forward, but they are always open to the Counter....

Mike, if we win the next to Games i still feel we will have Villa on our heels still, their next 3 Fixtures and Fulham, Newcastle and then Reading, much easier fixtures than us and a should win games for Villa.

But we have a game in hand jacko. If we win the next two then even if they win at Fulham they're four points behind with Newcastle at home followed by trips to Reading (tricky) and Arsenal.

We have Reading at home followed by tougher games at City and home to Pompey. Still expect us to be clear going into Sunderland, Fulham and Wham. No problem B) .

can't really see us wining this.

we're definitely missing yobo at the back, and i can see jags really being found out by the spurs forward line, nuno... who knows whether he'll turn up?

osmans still not fully fit, manny too, he had an awful game against chelsea imo, sitting behind carsley most of the time and ineffective there, cahill's suspended, arteta seems to be coming back from his lull but still not at his best, cars is going to struggle against there pace.

and aj leading the charge doesn't inspire me with confidence when you think about the service he'll be getting from midfield

scrappy game, 0-1, berbatov.

that said i can see us (lescott maybe) popping up with a goal early doors and then maybe holding them out.

This will be a very tricky game, but huge points if we can pick them up.

I can see a 2-2 draw. Manny getting a goal.

Anyone else surprised by Spurs moving for Woodgate? I mean spurs have probably got the most injury prone defence in the league, is woodgate (good player and all but i mean come on) really going to sure them up?