IGNORED

Spurs (home)

Bill

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Settle for that. Other results went for us...Pompey and Liverpool losing...City only getting a point at Derby. Four points from Spurs we'd have taken gladly at the start of the season and we've got seven from nine since the African lads left. Had more shots and more corners than Spurs. Win would have been great, but I'll sleep OK :) .

Edit.....don't forget to vote for MOTM...link in my sig!

Edited by MikeO

excellent result.

spurs are playing well at the moment and were missing a lot of players. tough game with a good result.

As well as that Man City drew, Red Shites lost, Portsmouth lost as well as Villa and Blackburn drawing at the weekend as well.

that means we are now 2 points ahead of 5th and 6th and 3 points ahead of the red shites with their game (they could do with a few if they want 3 points!) in hand.

a few tough games coming up at the moment, away to Blackburn at the weekend, away to Man City after Reading then Portsmouth after that. All vital games that we must get points from as they're all teams not far behind us.

2 points dropped ?

Not really, we were the better side, but still lacked that vital fire power & touch of finesse.

Decent shift by those in todays team.

Add Yak, Peanuts, Ossie & Tc to that & thats the missing ingrediant.

Johnson maybe should have done better with one attempt.

Jag's looked very composed tonight, very pleasing & as per the norm lescott was Immense.

Manu was mostly tidy, busy as was Arteta ( cple bad backpasses that caused defence angst though)

I cannot recall Tim Howard making a save of any real note.

P.s was suprised & pleased to see Baines, thought he was crocked.

just watching MOTD lovely ball from Fernandes to set up Johnson in the second half, how was he for the whole match?

Against Chelsea he was understandably taking a while to get his touch right in the English game.

A few good chances but no complaints from me.

Moyes'll make some kind of excuse for any result won't he! "a tough time to play at the moment because the grounds a drying out"

if it'd been raining he'd have moaned about the dampness!

he's got red hair and his moans always make me laugh but I still don't care!

decent result, but again confirms we need to get rid of johnson ASAP.....the only type of goal he can score is of the sort bramble gifted him......when yakubu is back, start with him and vaughn up front.......johnson must follow beattie to the championship, where they can both score 20+ again

Under the cicumstances will settle happily for a draw, thought we were going to lose it in the last 10 minutes, desperately short of players and having to play an unfit Leighton Baines out of position we were always going to struggle, we need a fit Ossie back for the Blackburn trip.

I think we can thank the defence for that point, keeping Berbatov, Keane, and Lennon in check was no easy task and a great performance from Jagielka, and an even greater one from Lescot who once again was immense, definately earned that point.

Nuno gave me some heart stopping moments but did a job and Nevile worked tirelessly, not the best ball player in the world but you cant fault his tackling and his workrate, same as Carsley.

Well under strength in the midfield so Arteta and Manny got a bit bogged down, Manny caught out a few times and lost possession, but if you look at the game again you will see that he was hanging on to the ball waiting for players to move, and most times they were motionless just looking at him, this is why i rate Pienaar, he is always on the move looking to take a pass or give a pass and move into space, we miss him a lot.

Johnson should have done better with the couple of chances he had, Victor tried his best up front but is not quite good enough yet to get the full game start, so if we have to go 4-4-2 again at Blackburn we should start Johnson and Vaughan. IMO.

Missed a good chance of opening up a little gap on the 5th place team, so we need to win at Ewood Park.

Other results being kind to us reminded me of 04/05, when we kept fucking up toward the end of the season but every time we dropped points so did everyone else! Bit harsh on AJ raccy imo, he got into the positions for the chances and put them on target which separates him from BT. Bit of luck or a bit of a mishit and it would have been different. Our defence was massive again....Jags is looking to be another inspired piece of DM business but we're coming to expect it now.

Telegraph Fantasy League gave MOTM to Chimbonda :o !?!? Can anyone explain that to me? He was the lowest rated player on the pitch according to the BBC....if any Spurs defender should have got it it was Woodgate by a street surely?

All in all i'm pleased with that result, though we could have easily won it if aj could finally put his scoring boots on.

I thought that Jags was immense yesterday, probably the best game i have seen him play live, Lescott was very good as well but i expect it from him now tbh. I was pleased with Baines and thought that he added a bit of width to the side. Manny showed a few good passes, especially the pass to feed aj in the second half, but still looks of the pace at the moment, he just needs time.

The only player who can't take any pride from that game is Anichibe. He was awful, everything about the guy was bad, he passing, his touch and most of all his awerness. time and time again he didn't make runs or picking up passes because he wasn't even watching the game. Vaughn made more of an impact in his 15 minutes than Vic did all game.

Very good point for us, could have been 3, but in the last ten could have been 0. The defence won the points. Our strikers let us down.

Johnson maybe should have done better with one attempt.

Jag's looked very composed tonight, very pleasing & as per the norm lescott was Immense.

Many was mostly tidy, busy as was Arteta ( cple bad backpasses that caused defence angst though)

I cannot recall Tim Howard making a save of any real note.

P.s was suprised & pleased to see Baines, thought he was crocked.

100% correct

I think that should have been a pen so imo 2 points droped due to the fer

no everton players at fault today accept AJ's finishing

Lescott :) what a guy!!! and jags aswell

Their was no penaltys that should have been given, and that goes for all 5 of Berbatovs Dives.

Was xtremley suprised that Baines started, and extremlley glad to see him back.

Nuno Was outstanding yesterday, aaron lennon wasnt tall enuf to get out of his pocket.(my motm)

when we intercept the ball in our half and arteta picks it up, he needs to run with it out our half not give it back to neville where he has 2 Spurs players rushing at him.

Lescott, as Awsome as ever aswell as Jags looked great again.

Manny Was superb, taking players on for fun, walking past them and a brilliant pass to AJ.can any1 tell me what them boots are called he has? Ronaldo has them aswell)

Anichebe needs to learn to use his height and weight a bit more, was poor most of nite.

AJ, oh dear. Bad bad miss for that chance, Poor first touch all nite, cant get past a player at all, and is not even that fast anymore. only thing that keeps him here is that he doesnt stop running, hes the Dirk Kuyt of liverpool, shit but always runs.

Vaughan was outstanding when he came on, won nearly every header and got stuckin and made life hard for Huddlestone and woodgate, should start games.

Didnt howard have his suduko book out he was so bored.

I was getting worried in the last 10 mins when we were stuk in our own half and couldnt touch the ball and when we puched them back to the half way line our players wouldnt get out of our box.

should have won that game if we had better strikers, or Vaughan had more time to impact the game.

Good point, and what I expected, what I didn't expect though was how fucking shite we were.

Howard didn't have much to do but when he was called upon he did his job well. Neville had a very good first half but in the second half he couldn't keep hold of the ball for more than two seconds. Jags and Lescott were class, they stopped everything that came their way. Jags may not be as cultured in his play as Lescott i.e. with the ball at his feet, but he does the job just as well as Joley. Thumbs up boys. I was worried when I seen Nuno was playing with Baines, I was crapping myself at the thought of Lennon running at these two. But they both played very well, especially Nuno. Arteta is really pissing me off atm, he should stop being so fucking fancy and beat a man or heaven forbid HAVE A FRIGGIN SHOT!!!!!! He is costing us time and time again by choosing the harder option by not shooting and putting the player he passed to under pressure, which invariably leads to us losing the ball. Carsley either needs a rest or he's had it because he was dog shit for the third game in a row. He's the worst player in our team for backing off an attacking player, surely that's not what a defensive midfielder should do? Fernandes had a good first half with some nice touches and passes, he faded a bit towards the end of the game but that's only to be expected. Anichebe is not made for this league in any way, shape or form. For a big man he goes down fat roo easily, his lack of ball control costs us every time it's played to him. His job is to hold up play and he can't do it. AJ, I feel, doesn't deserve the slating he's had. He ran himself into the ground last night, basically playing as two strikers due to the lack of anything from Vic. Fair enough he fluffed a couple of chances, but we were at home and should have created more than those two chances.

On a team note; please stop being scared of the bastard ball; stop standing off when the opposition attack; tackle for crying out loud.

If we fall away this season due to our squad size then I'm going to blame Moyes. The midfield is desperately short of any cover and he's known it for a good while now and hasn't done a thing about it. The midfield looked absolutely dead on it's feet with 20mins to go yesterday, it shouldn't be like this. No doubt we won't bring anyone in today even though we need it.

We're still fourth but if we carry on like that we won't be anywhere near at the end of the season.

AJ is getting slated badly, but HE cant get past a player, his composure when shooting to me looks none exsistant, more of a hit it and hope it goes in, when he got the ball played to his feet yesterday it would be a terrible touch and lose the ball.

i still cant get over how well Nuno played!!!!!!!

Aj is lacking confidence big time, but it doesn't help that everytime he shoots he tries to nutmeg the keeper. Works every now and again but not all the time.

We will see an improvemnt in aj if his strke partner actually does something and doesn't make aj do it all himself. We need to see aj and vaughn starting together imo

Vaughan was Great when he came on. i would like to see him score, but its also good to keep him till 60mins has gone in the match when the other teams defence is tiring and his pace kills them, but saying that, Victor has been a bit of a supersub so mite be good to start vaughan then put Vic on later.

With the squad we had I'm happy with the point even more so that other results did not cost us. I strongly believe that had we had our African players and Cahill and/or Ossie we would have won this 2-0 easily. We just needed that X factor in the last third. When Cahill is not in the box Arteta never seems to cross and instead when in a great position prefers to line up Carsley for a shot! They go in once in a blue moon and that has been and gone v Brum.

Howard - cold and bored.

Nuno - did v well vs lennon and made me eat my words that I said before the match.

Joleon - absolute class again. Not 1 mistake. Composure no matter what the pressure on him.

Jags - improves game by game and pissed Berbatov off all night the diving twat.

Nev - RB best position IMO and did well. More so in the 1st half but put a shift in.

Bainsey - 100% effort even tho not 100% fit did OK in a foreign position.

Manny - Silky skills but did lose possesion sometimes but basically cos there was no1 to pass to. Nice through balls.

Cars - another decent night work from the workhorse.

The Art - Average. Corners need to be better. And when in a position cross it!!!!

Vic - dissapointing. Head wet down too quickly when things werent going well. Not his night. He'll get better tho. No way call him a championship player yet!!

AJ - Great workrate again. Forced woodgate into booting ball to the stands often and pressurised them all day. should have score 1 on 1. But people saying here that his the same as BT. Stop talking bull sit will ia. I'm with Craccer. People piss me off sometimes. He had a graet control and shot in one movement. With Vic not playing well he suffered and what chance does he have when Howard boots the ball up to him vs Woodgate for a header?

Bring on rovers. AJ Vaughan up front plz Moysey!

Aj had two chances were he should have done better, i dont think i really slated him that much. But at least he's trying, if vic made some runs as well then maybe aj wouldn't look so aimless

exactly, if Vic wasn't useless and our midfield wasn't as creative as a shoe. AJ will chase everything down all day, he has to or we won't keep the ball and people complain he can't get past defenders, ofcourse he can't he rarely gets the chance, and when he does he's nackered after doing the midfields job. he missed one good chance, but the fact that's all he got is testimony to have uncreative we are, there are plenty of strikers who hit the target less and score more goals, he just needs to get more chances ...

Do you expect someone who is getting a chance a game to constantly stick them away? It's not like he's getting much confidence or practice on the pitch in the final third. Just how GKs, Defenders, and Midfielders have to settle into games by getting early touches and getting used to the game so to speak, its the same for strikers and AJ. If you don't give him the service he needs AS A STRIKER, then you can't expect him to be banging them in, he's not a winger, balls down the flank aren't helping him, he needs arteta or pienaar there and for balls to be clipped over or threaded through, it's about playing to strengths.

It isn't AJs fault that he has to help out (and do a good job at it). If you want to have a go at someone last night, have a did at carsley or vic, or even arteta.

Disclaimer : By the way Jamie, only the first sentence was directed at you, as in yeh I agree with what you're saying about Vic, the rest was at general AJ bashers, just so you know I wasn't having a go at you for no reason.

Edited by CraccerC

Haven't been able to watch the whole game so far but I've somehow caught the last 15 minutes twice and all I can think is that we need to send Arteta off to shooting school. Right about the 82nd minute he stepped inside the right corner of their box and the whole thing opened up, but instead of having a crack he just dinked it across the box?!?

Flabbergasted, he can hit a free kick well enough, why doesn't he try to curl one into a corner on the run. Sort of reminding me of Fabregas from years past, but that boy's learned to shoot and look at the good it's done his game.

Vaughan really should be starting, at least while Yak is away if for no other reason than Vic seems so much better as a sub.

On to rovers now though, should be a win, but a tight one.