• ARTETA
    • FELLAINI
    • OSMAN
    • PIENAAR
    • SAHA > off 90 +
    • YAKUBU > off 87 mins
    • sub - VAUGHAN < on 87 mins
    • sub - ANICHEBE < on 90 mins +

From what i heard on ETV live commentary there could be a few in the reckoning but i will wait until i have seen the game before i vote.

Jagielka Pienaar Osman and Fellaini all played well, a much improved effort from the Blues.

pollresizear5.jpg

fell.jpgRon.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Osman 57

Jagielka 43

Baines 36

Arteta 31

Cahill 24

Neville 22

Saha 22

Fellaini 18

Castillo 18

Anichebe 13

Yakubu 9

Vaughan 9

Baadhi 6

Baxter 4

Yobo 4

Rodwell 4

Valente 2

Howard 1

Hibbert 1

Pienaar 1

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Was restricted to listening to the radio and could only (due to crap planning) listen to the first twenty and last twenty so I missed both goals and Howard's heroics.

Very encouraging second half performance though. Pat Nevin reckons MOTM was Fellaini, although Jags got a good mention.

Like Bill though I'll reserve judgment for now.

Jags From What I Have Heard.

They Said He Kept Us In The Game With Vital Challenges !

Pienaar was superb both going forward and supporting the defence. Jags and Howard also important contributions and Neville's challenge on Ronaldo lifted everyone and effectively changed the game.

Gonna give it to Pienaar though for his tireless working!!

Neville's challenge on Ronaldo was a good one, lifted the crowd as you said he was up for this match, infact all the x Utd players played well and Saha is getting better as his fitness improves, i am hoping we can kick on from this result. Is Cahill back for our next game or has he one more match to miss?

Anothe vote for Phil Neville for me. Great challenge on Cristaino Ronaldo, full credit to him for keeping calm and getting on the game afterwards despite Rio, Rooney and Van der Sar's attempts to intimidate him. He played an excellent game and his cross for Marouane's goal was just world class. For me he gets better every game. IMO he's been our best player this season.

MOTM could have easily gone to Howard, Fellaini and Saha. Thought those three played excellent. Good to see Howard back to form.

He's put in far and away his best performances against Arsenal and ManU (and against Liverpool for Liege)....let's hope he doesn't have a problem with motivation against "lesser" opposition.

Hopefulluy he will be better for Bolton. I mean, we need his at his best. This game against Manchester United has set us up for our start of the season against Bolton. If we can get Fellaini on form then we will hope for him on the score-sheet and get maximum points from the Reebok.

Howard for me, he kept us in the game.His performance today could go a long way to steadying the defence, don't be surprised if we get that first clean sheet next week.

Fellaini will buid on this game, he still tends to watch the game a bit.As the team improve and the results come in he will get up to speed.

pienaar was poor he tried and put alot of effort in but hes just not good enough

Not sure what game you where watching, Peanuts had a good game and was full of energy. It is no coinsidence that we are starting to play better/be more creative since he is back in the team.

^^^^ Rio Ferdinand?......our best player?

Bit like saying red, that your best player in most of your matches are those that have scored own goals for you, or have deflected shots into their own net or even those that have been sent off whilst their team were winning....only to let you back in the game :rolleyes:

I managed to get £40 on luckypool at 6-1 before you parked the bus at Chelsea!.....so the longer you stay lucky the better!