Sign in to follow this  
pnemad1983

Jack Rodwell

Here's the link:

http://www.thesun.co...on-Rodwell.html

ALEX FERGUSON has reached an agreement in principle to sign Everton whizkid Jack Rodwell for £25million.

As revealed in SunSport, Manchester United made a move to land the Goodison midfielder in January.

But the Merseysiders asked them to come back in the summer as he was so vital to them for the rest of the season.

They also told United their initial £15m offer was nowhere near enough.

Rodwell, 20 yesterday, is one of the most sought-after Premier League youngsters and signed a new five-year Everton deal only last May.

But United chief Ferguson is so keen to land him he has persuaded the club's owners, the Glazer family, to up their offer substantially at the end of the season.

More than £15million? Yes please! If the article is true I think Ferguson was talking about Rodwell when he said the club were not ready to sell.

Generally just peeved off with the reality of it all. Rodwell hasn't progressed as I would have hoped, to be honest I think he's been stifled a little. None the less we are at the mercy of other clubs, what would happen if we brought a messi through? Would it just be a given that the mancs can choose the time thst they want him in their team?

Sooner we become financially stable the better, just a joke all this. Not happy.

Absolutely Gutted, not just because i believe given enough time Rodders will be a top top player, but the reality is were a feeder club for the Mancs! Maybe Maggie is phenomenal and Moyes is scared he'd be gone by next August if he plays him! Our clubs been run into the ground and this sort of shit stinks!!!

I pray they don't try and palm us off with someone like Gibson or Obertan as part of the deal. I'd be pissed right off.

if we end up with a Gibson or Obertan as part of it, i will personally pay for Moyes to go wherever he wants as part of it also

Who and what :mellow: ?

according to the notw he has been having phone sex with rooneys last fling....sending pictures of his genitalia and asking for a price...it all looks quite genuine in fact she has probably sold the story to tnow.

according to the notw he has been having phone sex with rooneys last fling....sending pictures of his genitalia and asking for a price...it all looks quite genuine in fact she has probably sold the story to tnow.

He is all over the NoTW because he has been sending dodgy texts and even dodgier pics of himself to the same hooker that Rooney was with last time out

Brilliant :rolleyes: .

So we're all agreed that it's best to sell?

Personally, I'm in two minds about it, in two years time he may have become the player we want him to but the money is useful.

Nope, I would rather keep him and try to build a team around him, especially whilst there are doubts about Fellaini's long term plans

Guest blueboy122

Id take gibson to be honest him and 25 million, he looks a good player to me..

So we're all agreed that it's best to sell?

Personally, I'm in two minds about it, in two years time he may have become the player we want him to but the money is useful.

i think so, as the money brought in would let us strengthen in other areas(providing moyes is alowed the money, which is very 50/50 as we all know) but i do think it depends on whether or not fellani stays, which again is doubtful, what a mess :angry:

As much as I hate the thought i think it's far more likely Felli will leave, he's the proven article, why would teams splash £30m on Rodwell's potential when they can get a guy who can walk straight into any of their first teams and improve them? If he does, then it's up to Rodwell to prove he can step up.

And as for sending pics of his nob to hookers - so fucking what? It's the fucking 21st century, not the frigging 1950s!!

As much as I hate the thought i think it's far more likely Felli will leave, he's the proven article, why would teams splash £30m on Rodwell's potential when they can get a guy who can walk straight into any of their first teams and improve them? If he does, then it's up to Rodwell to prove he can step up.

And as for sending pics of his nob to hookers - so fucking what? It's the fucking 21st century, not the frigging 1950s!!

must admit i'm not entirely sure what is has to do with anyone else..it's what he does on the pitch that matters..the media are the scum not the ones they dig up shit on..let him crack on and do what he wants off the pitch as long as it doesn't effect him on then i don't give a flying iota of a fuck..people are far too obsessive about what famous people do in their private lives..winds me up so much

i think they will both be gone in the summer, but thats at least £50 million that it would bring in to along with other sales it could be a season of rebuilding for us with Yak, Yobo, Billy and Johny H (potentially) and these two out that should bring in at least £70 mill to buy in a striker, winger, 2 x CM, 1 x CB and 1 x RB??

I asked the people who update news on the official site if they were going to deny Rodwell sale on the official site. I've been ignored so far.

i think they will both be gone in the summer, but thats at least £50 million that it would bring in to along with other sales it could be a season of rebuilding for us with Yak, Yobo, Billy and Johny H (potentially) and these two out that should bring in at least £70 mill to buy in a striker, winger, 2 x CM, 1 x CB and 1 x RB??

I think you're in laa-laa-land if you think that'll happen. I can see Yobo and Yak leaving with one of Fellaini and Rodwell. To sell both in one summer would incite a riot!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/234654/David-Moyes-fights-to-keep-20m-Jack-Rodwell

“I am reluctant to sell my best players ,” said Moyes, who marks nine years at Goodison Park today. “I don’t see that as being good for any manager, but I also understand that there may be financial situations which might mean that has to be the case .”

I think you're in laa-laa-land if you think that'll happen. I can see Yobo and Yak leaving with one of Fellaini and Rodwell. To sell both in one summer would incite a riot!

I disagree, I think the summer will be one of rebuilding, getting rid of the players who dont want to be there and the ones who will allow us to bring in enough money to strengthen and start again with fresh faces.

He better up his game for the remainder of the season so we can get decent money out of him. Don't think anyone 'll pay 25 million pounds for him if he keeps playing like he has done this season.

Defour has missed about half his career so far due to injuries so I wouldn't splash too much cash on him. I'd replace Rodwell with someone rather cheap. I like Wigan's James McCarthy. And then I'd use most of the money to get in a striker and a pacey and direct winger (preferably even two wingers).

James McCarthy is a good shout but id say he would cost a few quid prob mooted at £10 mill which is alot for an unproven player.. Id say you could get Manny Fernandes for a decent price and no doubt will would be linked with Mourtinho!!