IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

EPL

La Liga

Tie for 3rd Bundesliga and Serie A

Ligue 1

Maybe on fifa. Bundersliga used to be second best not long ago but has hugely fallen behind. The likes of Brighton are poaching the best talents from mid table clubs and even ewcastle and West Ham raided their better strikers. 

La Liga is a joke, just look at how many failed players over here make a decent career there. No way would Messi get 30 goals a season here. Ronaldo only managed it once and he was on fire that season and only got half as many the next year whereas he consistently got 20+ a season for 9 years in Spain. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Maybe on fifa. Bundersliga used to be second best not long ago but has hugely fallen behind. The likes of Brighton are poaching the best talents from mid table clubs and even ewcastle and West Ham raided their better strikers. 

La Liga is a joke, just look at how many failed players over here make a decent career there. No way would Messi get 30 goals a season here. Ronaldo only managed it once and he was on fire that season and only got half as many the next year whereas he consistently got 20+ a season for 9 years in Spain. 

i don't play fifa or any video games.  i watch football.  you're right, the style of play is different in every league, but i prefer watching spanish and they do better in euro competitions (CL and europa).

7 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i don't play fifa or any video games.  i watch football.  you're right, the style of play is different in every league, but i prefer watching spanish and they do better in euro competitions (CL and europa).

Personally no idea how any one can enjoy Spanish football. It's dreadful, stop start and very little quality outside of the big 2 plus Atletico. 

Bottom half clubs in Spain roll over and get their bellies tickled. In Italy even the likes of SPAL are good enough to keep a clean sheet against the better sides. 

I personally find Spanish and Italian football boring although they are meant to be two of the best leagues in Europe behind the EPL, I personally would rather watch the Bunders  league and the SPL, and the French league is shite how they churn out so many good players is beyond me and their international team is very good like the Spainish and the Germans, but their domestic league is poor. 

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

Personally no idea how any one can enjoy Spanish football. It's dreadful, stop start and very little quality outside of the big 2 plus Atletico. 

Bottom half clubs in Spain roll over and get their bellies tickled. In Italy even the likes of SPAL are good enough to keep a clean sheet against the better sides. 

The big difference between the Spanish and Italian leagues is that the Spanish league is very attacking whereas the Italian league is a lot more defensive and tactical. 

Italian teams quite regularly outdo the quality of their players in the CL because of this IMO. They aren't a patch on the Spanish sides man for man but there is usually 1 team from each side at the semis. The difference would be Atletico who play very differently to the rest of the league.

I don't know if that really makes a difference to the quality of players in the EPL though. Italian defenders are used to lots of cover whereas Spanish defenders are more composed. Italian ball players have more time on the ball but less space to thread a pass. Spanish players have more space to move into but Italian forwards have more time to get a shot off. I think it just depends on the player themselves as plenty fail from both leagues.

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

I personally find Spanish and Italian football boring although they are meant to be two of the best leagues in Europe behind the EPL, I personally would rather watch the Bunders  league and the SPL, and the French league is shite how they churn out so many good players is beyond me and their international team is very good like the Spainish and the Germans, but their domestic league is poor. 

Bundersliga quality has dropped dramatically last couple of years, and say since bayern took Levendowski. Problem over there is bayern hoover up all the best players from their rivals so they keep a monopoly on the league, and then the other talent is bleeding out the league to English clubs. Just look at the stats Sancho is getting there yet he's possibly the poorest player in the England side. Lookman couldn't get minutes here but and smashed it against their bottom half teams.

Italian league has come on leaps and bounds. Inter are fun to watch and the other teams are resilient enough to put on a decent match. 

4 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The big difference between the Spanish and Italian leagues is that the Spanish league is very attacking whereas the Italian league is a lot more defensive and tactical. 

Italian teams quite regularly outdo the quality of their players in the CL because of this IMO. They aren't a patch on the Spanish sides man for man but there is usually 1 team from each side at the semis. The difference would be Atletico who play very differently to the rest of the league.

I don't know if that really makes a difference to the quality of players in the EPL though. Italian defenders are used to lots of cover whereas Spanish defenders are more composed. Italian ball players have more time on the ball but less space to thread a pass. Spanish players have more space to move into but Italian forwards have more time to get a shot off. I think it just depends on the player themselves as plenty fail from both leagues.

The bottom half teams in Spain can't even attack, they just make up the league. The space they leave and pace they play at is criminal. For me the championship over here is better to watch. 

Italian league they struggle to get time for the shot unless you mean from distance, which is annoying when your watching as if a teams frustrated as they can't get through they do tend to shoot from distance more which is a bit boring. Bundersliga is probably the worse for leaving space to run into our pick a pass. Crazy how dramatically the quality has dropped over there.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

agreed, but the player had to agree as well, and he did.  i think that was @Gwlad all over 's point

It wasn’t remotely about the grass being greener though. It’s not like he’d just broke into the team and then left straight away with his head being turned. He was a crock and was told we wanted rid of him. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...