IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s had his Sunderland contract terminated and is expected to move to the MLS. 

Can see Barkley going the right way. Something perhaps as a club we've not got right in the past, developing the right attitude in our best young players? Baxter's another complete waste. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

Can see Barkley going the right way. Something perhaps as a club we've not got right in the past, developing the right attitude in our best young players? Baxter's another complete waste. 

Very few have been talented enough for the top flight so will as most would move for better money and a better lifestyle

I don't buy into this blaming the development system it's as clear as day the ones that have fallen off weren't upto scratch  

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Very sad; don't know why it all went so wrong for him, talent wasted.

Another one without it between the ears. Just didn’t have the drive. 

Its on a smaller scale than Barkley because he didn’t have that sort of talent, but still more than he’s been able to show. 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

I don't buy into this blaming the development system it's as clear as day the ones that have fallen off weren't upto scratch  

Rodwell could have been a great player, he was miles ahead of Henderson. Moyes overloaded him and he's never fully recovered. Not the only career that ginger cunt ruined. Look at Vaughan, Anichebe, and Gosling. Completely overlooked the rest, who either turned to drink or got out and turned out to be a lot better than Moyes could see. 

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Rodwell could have been a great player, he was miles ahead of Henderson. Moyes overloaded him and he's never fully recovered. Not the only career that ginger cunt ruined. Look at Vaughan, Anichebe, and Gosling. Completely overlooked the rest, who either turned to drink or got out and turned out to be a lot better than Moyes could see. 

Not buying Gosling; how did Moyes ruin him? He was never anything special, he's now found his level and is having a decent career, was never going to be good enough for us. Neither was Anichebe imo.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Not one of those you've mentioned were ever good enough for this level, Vic was gifted a career here when many other managers and sides would have shipped him off far sooner 

Rodwell did have ability the point was he wasn't failed by our youth system or development team he made over 80 appearances got a big move and it didn't work out so I fail to see how a lad who was developed did quite well for us earned his big move then flopped at a shite side has any bearing on this club!? 

Who turned out to be a lot better than Moyes could see? Mustafi Dier (if you can claim that one) I genuinely can't think of any more?

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Sorry I'm not buying this either,  Rodwell took the big money move and wasn't forced out as far as I'm aware, in what way does that reflect badly on the club? He failed to make an impression at City, and then at Sunderland who have just has successive relegations, and now has his contract terminated by a third tier team, yeah that's all Everton's fault ! ( No it's not )

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Another one without it between the ears. Just didn’t have the drive. 

Its on a smaller scale than Barkley because he didn’t have that sort of talent, but still more than he’s been able to show. 

This. No good blaming Moyes (in isolation at least), no good arguing a lack of talent for players that were singled out in the England youth set up at a very early age. For whatever reason, some of our most promising youngsters since Rooney haven't had the mental strength to fulfil their promise. Maybe it's just the way they are as people, but maybe it's something as a club we didn't do enough to get right. Hopefully we've turned a corner in that sense. 

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not buying Gosling; how did Moyes ruin him? He was never anything special, he's now found his level and is having a decent career, was never going to be good enough for us. Neither was Anichebe imo.

Made him stay on the pitch when he ruptured a ligament, you could see he was in pain and Moyes was shouting at him to stay on as we had no subs left. That prolonged period would have aggrevated it more, and I imagine was a big factor in him leaving. Point being with Anichebe and the others is they all suffered more injuries than average. Moyes didn't look after the kids, he overloaded them. 

Likewise Moyes rushed Rodwell back time and time again. Needlessly so as well, one time he brought him back and played in on the wing only got him to pull up after about half an hour. 

9 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Sorry I'm not buying this either,  Rodwell took the big money move and wasn't forced out as far as I'm aware, in what way does that reflect badly on the club? He failed to make an impression at City, and then at Sunderland who have just has successive relegations, and now has his contract terminated by a third tier team, yeah that's all Everton's fault ! ( No it's not )

Big money? He went for less than Jordan Henderson. Rodwell was goosed as Moyes put too much on him, the club knew this and sold him cheap. City took a punt. Rodwell didn't push for a move. 

10 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

Who turned out to be a lot better than Moyes could see? Mustafi Dier (if you can claim that one) I genuinely can't think of any more?

Baines, Ruddy, Duffy, Ferrari, Barkley. I'd add the likes Vellios, Jutkiewicz, Gueye, Forshaw, Lundstram, Clarke should have been given more of a go. Mightn't be starters but could've been useful squad players. 

The bloke played Tony Hibbert at centre half and brought in jokes like Senderos rather than give Duffy or Mustafi a chance. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Made him stay on the pitch when he ruptured a ligament, you could see he was in pain and Moyes was shouting at him to stay on as we had no subs left. That prolonged period would have aggrevated it more, and I imagine was a big factor in him leaving. Point being with Anichebe and the others is they all suffered more injuries than average. Moyes didn't look after the kids, he overloaded them. 

Likewise Moyes rushed Rodwell back time and time again. Needlessly so as well, one time he brought him back and played in on the wing only got him to pull up after about half an hour. 

Big money? He went for less than Jordan Henderson. Rodwell was goosed as Moyes put too much on him, the club knew this and sold him cheap. City took a punt. Rodwell didn't push for a move. 

By big money, I meant he went for the dollars at City.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Baines, Ruddy, Duffy, Ferrari, Barkley. I'd add the likes Vellios, Jutkiewicz, Gueye, Forshaw, Lundstram, Clarke should have been given more of a go. Mightn't be starters but could've been useful squad players. 

The bloke played Tony Hibbert at centre half and brought in jokes like Senderos rather than give Duffy or Mustafi a chance. 

That bottom bit is the most important point. Didnt we bring in Gardner as well at one point for CB cover although I am not sure the dates would fit? Koldrup who couldnt even head the ball too. Add Wessels, Nash, Mucha ahead of Ruddy. 

You can even consider Jo or Beckford ahead of Vic/JV. 

Its actually really interesting going back through our transfers and seeing how many of them were absolutely shocking. 2010-11 we brought in Mucha, Beckford, Silva, Gueye, Abdullayev and Vellios (and Dier on loan). 

2012 Hahnemann, McFadden, Gibson, Jelavic and Junior (but Drenthe, Straq, Donovan and Pienaar on loan). 

It also shows the budgets we were working with!

16 hours ago, pete0 said:

Didn't Moyes give Rodwell and Anichebe their chances at Sunderland as their careers were doing downhill? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, aaron said:

He's training with our U23's to help him find a new club

Good of us that, we could easily have told him to do one, glad we didn't and hope he gets his career back at some level. Josh said he failed a trial at Watford before he came back, not sure if that's true or internet talk.