IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

There is no way he is going to turn them down however, he's not going to stay put at Everton on 20/30,000 when he could be living the high life with Manchester City. I just find it shocking that they will pay that much for a player so injury prone (how much must they have been paying Owen Hargreaves whilst he was there?)

Because there's no way that you can have a decent lifestyle on a pathetic £20/30,000rofl.gif .

One of the few times I agree with Gareth Southgate saying that its a strange move because he's going to get hardly any time on the pitch playing for Manchester City and will not fit in because Mancini will want high-profile signings as opposed to youngsters like Jack.

Because there's no way that you can have a decent lifestyle on a pathetic £20/30,000rofl.gif .

Woulden't even get out of bed for that ;)

Remember the player he was when first on the scene, I along with mikeo was pricing him in excess of £30m. He's a difficult player to value right now, he could be anywhere from £8m - £40m. If he gets full fitness, confidence and run of games he is a potential world class player.

Sad to see him go but it depends on the price.

I would easily have a fully fit Rodwell in there ahead of Gibson because he brings the energy and drive that the latter doesnt. Dont forget he was one of our best players in the early part of last season.

Its a shame that the club are in the position where we cant keep our youngsters and watch them grow in an Everton shirt but I guess we just have to be thankful that we are actually developing these class players otherwise I dread to think where we would be.

The one positive is that it doesn't look like it's because the board are desperate for money. If it'd come on the last day of the window then I'd have been suspicious, but you would expect money to be available to Moyes with it coming well before then.

Maybe they have finally learnt their lesson!

I expect we will see a decent wedge of it so it will be interesting to see who comes in now. We need to add some more depth so hopefully Moyes can work his magic.

Good deal all round IMO - as long as we reinvest ~10-12m of it.

Been really disappointed with Jack in the last 12-16 months and he's definitely stagnated in his development. With Gibbo, Felli and Barkley we won't miss him overly.

Hope he does well at City, he's always seemed like a great lad.

reckon this is why moyes was at city the other day?

Quite possibly.

I agree with Ian too, I don't think we will miss him one bit because we have the likes of Gibson, Fellaini and Barkley. I don't think Jack will spend long at City either, I think he'll follow in the footsteps of SWP, at Manchester City for a bit and then off-loaded to somewhere like QPR.

In an ideal situation, we'd keep him on board. However if we have to sell someone, he'd be my first choice to go. He's struggled with serious injuries for a couple of years now and he'd only be on the fringe of our starting eleven anyway. Hopefully this means we can bring in one or two more players.

Edited by Steve_E

Sad to see him go as after watching him come through the ranks from being a kid i really think he will turn into a really good player.

But as others have said, look what we did with thr Rooney money.

If we can make one top signing with the cash, that will improve our squad then maybe this has a silver lining.

Smart move by city though, buying an English grown player that has the potential to be a top prem player. If they play him great! and if they dont, they have just stopped thier rivals getting hold of one of the cream of English talent....from a very tiny pool.

Good luck Jack! hope this turns out to be a good move for you.

I thought we'd broken even last couple of seasons?

Only when a big name player is sold, it's happened something like twice in the past decade (Rooney and Lescott sales).

I'm in agreement with Ian, it's a good deal for everyone involved.

There will be no animosity from me!