IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

He's 21 and has been injured for many, many years now. Every summer its the same old 'he looks as good as ever' as with Big Vic but when it comes to the actual season he does fuck all.

We need to get rid of him while there is interest and bring in someone that can actually get the team moving forward.

people writing rodwell off again i see? brilliant faith we have..the lad has had the same injury cos he was rushed back..pathetic that people have such a go at him

we've got a good squad right now and would hate to lose Rodwell and have him turn into a world class player. we also have got plenty of depth in the centre of the park so I think we can be patient with him.

I agree with Marco and think its a bit premature to be writting Rodwell off, just an example of how fickle some of our fans are, and I do still beleive that he has the potential to become a very good player for us.

However if we had to lose one player to help fund new signings then I would probably pick Rodwell, sinply because centre midfield is a position that we are strong in. We have Felli and Gibson who are probably going to be first choice at the moment then we have Osman, Neville and Piennar who can fill in and then we have the likes of Barkley. Francisco Junior and John Lundstram coming through.

I agree with Marco and think its a bit premature to be writting Rodwell off, just an example of how fickle some of our fans are, and I do still beleive that he has the potential to become a very good player for us.

However if we had to lose one player to help fund new signings then I would probably pick Rodwell, sinply because centre midfield is a position that we are strong in. We have Felli and Gibson who are probably going to be first choice at the moment then we have Osman, Neville and Piennar who can fill in and then we have the likes of Barkley. Francisco Junior and John Lundstram coming through.

Pretty much this for Me....

I'd love us to bring Johnson here & 7M plus him would be good buisness He'd be able to improve our starting line up and jump in straight away but I really can't see it being true.

I'm rooting for Rodwell to get a good string of games together and kick on because it would be a huge waste if not, do you take the risk if a decent offer does come in by keeping faith in a player that could be great or another waste like Tom Huddlestone etc.....tough choice to be fair.

Why would we want to sell Rodwell? i dont get some of you lol.

The lad is a classy looking player and looked good in his brief spells last season, and looked real good pre-season. He has been a stand out player through all levels of the England set-up and scores goals as well.

Ye hes been injured, but the lad is a great prospect and one that we would be foolish to let go. Ok if we cant keep him, then take 20 for him.

Rodwell is going to prove a lot of you wrong, of that i am sure of.

Moysey, stick with him mate and he will reward you.

im not having a go at him, I just think the offer would be too good to turn down. Rodwell wont get a sniff of football with Felli and Gibson ahead of him so why not take another excellent young (hes only 25) England international for a position thats been a problem for us for as long as I can remember plus a bit of change to sign 1 or 2 other young players (Rhodes springs to mind).

He does have the potential to be excellent but at the moment he is not what we need and his sale would suit both parties.

Fantastic news.

The rumour is that we are getting £20 million for him but I highly doubt that this is true. I think we'll be lucky to get over £10m, for me its a good bit of business, whether you like it or not Jack is injury prone and we might as well off-load him now while someone wants him than let him be a burden to us, I've never understood the hype surrounding him because IMO he's looked very mediocre when playing for us and money in the pot for other transfers is exactly what we need.

Fantastic news.

The rumour is that we are getting £20 million for him but I highly doubt that this is true. I think we'll be lucky to get over £10m, for me its a good bit of business, whether you like it or not Jack is injury prone and we might as well off-load him now while someone wants him than let him be a burden to us, I've never understood the hype surrounding him because IMO he's looked very mediocre when playing for us and money in the pot for other transfers is exactly what we need.

20m is the going rate, look at Henderson.

Sad to see him go but at least its not Baines or Felli.

although gutted to be loosing a young potential talent, im glad its him going and no one else. Pay off some of the debt, maybe sign a player or two, great dealings i think. He has potential but not sure what his best position is. Never forget that terrible back pass that got distin sent off in the European game

True Matt.

If Liverpool pay £35m on Carroll and £20m on Henderson then we should be looking at the same for Jack. In some ways this could be Moyes raising money from a player that is not really needed, if the banks/BK want big money from a sale of either Baines or Fellani then I'd much rather see Rodwell go than them.

I still just find it strange than Manchester City want him, panic buying IMO.

Bit sad really, but echoing what lots of people are saying, if someone had to go for big money I'd rather it was Jack than any of the alternatives.

The deal must be right for the club and it'll certainly be approaching £20m imo....this is City after all.

Good luck to him (on a personal level, not to his new team).

How good the deal is (for Everton), will depend on the fee.

First team games for big spending city will be limited I'd have thought, but he's English and young and City would rather have him in the squad than see him at Chelsea or United, the football worlds gone mad.

If it's over £15 million then I'd say it's probably a good deal.

Rodwell wasn't even going to be in our Starting XI this season so anything in the region of £15 million is good news for us for a player that can't even make our best eleven. I'll be excited to see who we can invest the money in because no doubt Moyes is already head-hunting a few targets to spend a portion of the money on, Adam Johnson would be nice but I'm unsure how he'd fit in to our attacking set-up with the likes of Pienaar/Naismith already there.

Someone on Facebook mentioned Micah Richards but I'm unsure if I'd be happy with this.

I hope Adam Johnson has some involvement in the deal, Johnson + £12-15m would be good Business i think. But i agree its good to sell him now while there is a lot of hype surrounding him, personally i think he has kind of hit a brick wall in his development and probably wont be as good as most of us expected, but i wish him luck, sad to see him go but the money will definitely help us move forward.

Be intresting to see if Utd or Chelsea come in or just let city have him.

Well everyone knows that both United and Chelsea are interested but with Everon accepting a deal with City I'd expect them to sign him. He's probably already at the Etihad now having talks so I think its just a matter of Jack signing on the dotted line.

I'd rather City signing him because if he gets injured for the season I'd be able to have another reason to poke fun at them.

That is beyond madness. Over £100,000 p/w for Rodwell? What a joke.

There is no way he is going to turn them down however, he's not going to stay put at Everton on 20/30,000 when he could be living the high life with Manchester City. I just find it shocking that they will pay that much for a player so injury prone (how much must they have been paying Owen Hargreaves whilst he was there?)