IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

NNNOOOOOO JACK sad.png this is horrible... feels like we lost arteta and cahill all over again

...are you actually being serious?

£15million plus is bloody good business for someone who has spend his whole career in the physio room. I've wanted him gone for years and I'm over the moon it's finally happened, now we can move on as a football club.

All the best to him but I really don't see how today is a bad day.

I really wish that I could get worked up about this, one way or the other, but its all a bit meh. *shrugs shoulders*

could have been great, isnt

If he stays fit, wont

Worth 30 mil, isnt

Will set the league on fire , wont

If its 20 mil and if we have a shot at AJ then im ok with it. Happy? No not really. Just a bit meh

This is how I feel so you've saved Me some typing cheers Peter tongue.png

I'd actually be happy with the deal the only reason I'm not is that we will see little if any of it pumped back into the squad.....

Edited by EFC-Paul

So ok, he's not a massive sick note but, when he did play for us he showed promise and at times during a match he would look like he was going to be special......but to be honest he wasn't.He's English, he's young and he's been over hyped.If he hadn't left, I think he would have had his work cut out trying to get a game ahead of Gibson, and he cost £500,000.

We were waiting for Rodwell to grow into the new Rooney.If we'd sold Barkley, I'd be more disapointed.

The Arabs bought another trophy today, maybe Rodwell can get a few gongs, if he can get in the team.

Milner plays in the centre for City.

Like Marco said, he played on the right today.

When has he played centre mid for them when they play Toure and Barry?

I honestly can't remember too many occasions he's played centrally for City.

I dont agree he'll go straight into their starting 11 after what Mancini said today - that he needs to improve to be starting for them.

Like Marco said, he played on the right today.

When has he played centre mid for them when they play Toure and Barry?

I honestly can't remember too many occasions he's played centrally for City.

I dont agree he'll go straight into their starting 11 after what Mancini said today - that he needs to improve to be starting for them.

From Transfermarket the stats (don't know how reliable) have him on the right for 11 games and central for 9, a few games on the left as well. I thought City played with 3 centre mids, rotating DeJong, Barry, Toure, and Milner. Silva on the left and Nasri/Johnson on the right.

From Transfermarket the stats (don't know how reliable) have him on the right for 11 games and central for 9, a few games on the left as well. I thought City played with 3 centre mids, rotating DeJong, Barry, Toure, and Milner. Silva on the left and Nasri/Johnson on the right.

You're probably right, I don't pay all that much attention to City tbh.

I still don't think he'll go straight to starting for them though.

Anyone know what the City fans think of this signing btw?

Guest blueboy122

I have heard the fee is 20 million with 15 upfront, other sources have told me that it's 18 with 15 upfront. Doubt we would sell jack for less than the amount the shite paid Sunderland for Henderson!

You're probably right, I don't pay all that much attention to City tbh.

I still don't think he'll go straight to starting for them though.

mixed bag just like us lot really..some seem to think he's a crock..others think he's the next big thing

Give you a united fan.

'So Rodwell to City. Another pissing midfielder Fergie decides against! This is getting ridiculous

they will just slowly push Barry out and Rodwell will take over. Just annoys how Fergies policy is value for money, ie buy young English players, at a premium but chance of a sell on price and have potential. Sums Rodwell up but decide against it? especially when we are crying out for a football playing, box to box, centre midfielder. He'd be perfect in a midfield'

A few hours later

Still pissed Fergie didn't bother with Rodwell. Much more important topic than shitty ceremonies #dullandpointless

Edited by pete0

Both of those players had actually done something for the club, Rodwell was yet to do anything of any note.

just the fact since he has been with the academy since what? when he was 6 makes it worse for me.

I like to evertonians playing in royal blue and especially those that came from the academy

This is a strange situation, he was an England international, 21 years old and I'm simply not bothered that he went..

I'm not bothered that he went and will not be until he does something of use at City (which I doubt he will). I'll wish him all the best however, as he is an Evertonian, even though I'm happy he's gone it does seem weird him casually sat in a Manchester City shirt.

Don't see how anyone can prefer to keep Baines over Rodwell. Especially if Jack has gone for less than £20 mil. We only need a stop gap until Garbutt comes through. I can't see us replacing Rodwell, how many players can keep Silva in their pocket? For people saying Gibson, he is no where near as good and a lot more injury prone.

Don't see how anyone can prefer to keep Baines over Rodwell. Especially if Jack has gone for less than £20 mil. We only need a stop gap until Garbutt comes through. I can't see us replacing Rodwell, how many players can keep Silva in their pocket? For people saying Gibson, he is no where near as good and a lot more injury prone.

Oh come off it Pete, Baines is one of the best LB in the world, obviously we would rather see Rodwell go than Baines, what the hell has Rodwell done to show he has all the potential people think he has? that one good game against City you mentioned and since then a string of "meh" peformances isnt enough to turn down roughly £18m for him. "we only need a stop gap untill Garbutt comes through" christ you sound like a kid playing football manager, Garbutt was on loan at a League 1 team last year and he may well get a few games off the bench or other wise in the first team this year, but to suggest in a few years he will be as good if not better than Baines is laughable considering the only thing your going off is a fairly successful loan spell in league 1.

it's because Baines is an integral part of our team and Rodwell isn't.