IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Good of us that, we could easily have told him to do one, glad we didn't and hope he gets his career back at some level. Josh said he failed a trial at Watford before he came back, not sure if that's true or internet talk.

i think it's cool that we have become this kind of club, baxter now rodwell, soon to be barkley in a couple years.  shows the true heart of the club.

33 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i think it's cool that we have become this kind of club, baxter now rodwell, soon to be barkley in a couple years.  shows the true heart of the club.

I knew someone would come at it with the "special club" nonsense, but glad we're doing this nonetheless. As for the Barkley comment 😂

I can't say I want the lad to go on and become a worldbeater, but I hope he doesn't fail that badly.

20 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

I can't say I want the lad to go on and become a worldbeater, but I hope he doesn't fail that badly.

If he gets his head right and becomes a decent player then I hope he does it with us; more likely he gets a decent championship career which would keep him in a much better financial position than most (probably all) of us could dream of. His world-beater chance has gone sadly for him. 

55 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If he gets his head right and becomes a decent player then I hope he does it with us; more likely he gets a decent championship career which would keep him in a much better financial position than most (probably all) of us could dream of. His world-beater chance has gone sadly for him. 

I still think he likely has a Premier League career ahead of him, but he needs to get out of Chelsea ASAP. The longer he goes without regular game time, the further off the pace he'll be when he returns. Agree, he will likely never be a world beater. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Saw a bit of the Arsenal/Chelsea game on tonight and he looked decent. Really fit and athletic. I get the feeling that if he gets a chance under Sarri then he could have a really big season.

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He's never been a Chelsea player:huh:.

1 minute ago, Bill said:

He's there now isn'ttt he. ??

I think there are some Barkley and Rodwell wires crossed. Pretty sure Quinn thought Mike was talking about Barkley when he was actually talking about Rodwell.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

He's never been a Chelsea player:huh:.

I had moved on to Barkley - I now get you mean Rodwell, who yes, I doubt will ultimately end up as a Premier League player. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I will note, we should cease speaking about Barkley on the Rodwell thread immediately, because inevitably we'll end up talking about Lukaku 😅

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Good of us that, we could easily have told him to do one, glad we didn't and hope he gets his career back at some level. Josh said he failed a trial at Watford before he came back, not sure if that's true or internet talk.

He was defo at Watford on trail so that is likely true.

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

It is great to see us supporting our academy products who left or moved on. Training with us costs us nothing, and can only show us in a positive light. I wonder how many other clubs do the same...

Arsenal did it with Flamini who never had a club so they let him train with them to keep fit whilst he was looking for a club, then offered him a contact. 

So never say never stranger things have happened.  

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Arsenal did it with Flamini who never had a club so they let him train with them to keep fit whilst he was looking for a club, then offered him a contact. 

So never say never stranger things have happened.  

True, but he wasn’t an academy graduate. We look after our own, and I love that 

12 hours ago, nogs said:

We did same with Baxter, I like the way we look after our own, but there's charity and then there's stupidity. 

We’re not paying him Nogs- just letting him use the facilities. They took Baxter back on to stop him sliding into a life of drugs and crime which I applaud them for also- the lad kept his head down worked hard and got a move to Oldham which is probably the highest level he’ll ever acheive but I’m glad we gave him a chance and steered him on the right path again.

With regards to Rodwell, the deal suited everyone- he wanted a move and we got good money for him especially given his injury record. He was always respectful towards us and earned the club good money.

21 hours ago, Paddock said:

We’re not paying him Nogs- just letting him use the facilities. They took Baxter back on to stop him sliding into a life of drugs and crime which I applaud them for also- the lad kept his head down worked hard and got a move to Oldham which is probably the highest level he’ll ever acheive but I’m glad we gave him a chance and steered him on the right path again.

With regards to Rodwell, the deal suited everyone- he wanted a move and we got good money for him especially given his injury record. He was always respectful towards us and earned the club good money.

Yeah I know all that. Was referring to the suggestions he could end up playing for us again.