IGNORED

Jack Rodwell

where's the yawn smiley??

deal done for 12m plus addons apparently

Marco based on what we've seen are you confident that next year we won't see fellaini or baines go out the door? The longer the club goes on without a sale the more talent we will see exit. Moyes has worked some magic in getting jelavic and Gibson in for less than £5m - I'm worried, rodwell is our last acceptable saleable talent. If felli, Barkley, baines or heits go then expect protests.

Marco based on what we've seen are you confident that next year we won't see fellaini or baines go out the door? The longer the club goes on without a sale the more talent we will see exit. Moyes has worked some magic in getting jelavic and Gibson in for less than £5m - I'm worried, rodwell is our last acceptable saleable talent. If felli, Barkley, baines or heits go then expect protests.

"Rodwell, our last saleable talent".......that's why Moyes has just sold him!

Fuc%s sake stop worrying about next summers potential problems, Moyes mght sell Heits and replace him with Duffy, he might sign another player like Jelavic and sell him for double.....he might sell Barkley for £25million and get in three really good players.

He's just sold an under performing injury prone player for possibly £15million......I'd say Moyes hasan idea what he's doing.

Worry, worry, worry......

i don't enough about the finances to be honest..lookin at the other page it looks to be getting better and this sell a player a season stuff might be behind us...i'm just fed up of the same yo-yo argument that jumps up in nearly every thread on this board

You don't buy into this then Haf?

I imagine that we'll sell Rodwell, use some money for transfers (spread over duration of incoming players' contracts), the rest of the money will be used for cashflow. The club are now free of all but the major mortgage (the one that's secured against Goodison for 25 years),as of next season the Premier League income will double so it'll be plain sailing and the finances look a lot better..

What is interesting,is that the fourth mortgage listed that was paid off was actually borrowed against this season (2012/13)'s money which won't be paid for another year, yet has been paid off last week.

I, like Marco, don't claim to understand it all but Louis seems to know what he's talking about.

No room for even a tiny bit of optimism?

I really wish he doesnt leave, I have high hopes for him and I love it when players come out of the academy. Plus he is a bluenose and I think in the future he will be more loyal then players like fellaini that weren't raised to be evertonians.

honestly this is really depressing.

He's a two footed player who has a great engine, strong in the air, solid in the tackle. Technically very very good. I really am worried that we are continuing to see our young talent leave.

He will realise his potential that I believe, unfortunately it wont be with us. Class midfielders nowadays are £30m plus, English too so yeah I'm dissapointed. I just want to know when will this sell to survive stop.

You don't buy into this then Haf?

I, like Marco, don't claim to understand it all but Louis seems to know what he's talking about.

No room for even a tiny bit of optimism?

that's like askin me to never swear again

heard some places have suspended betting on johnson to everton..a nice thought but obviously can't read too much into it

Edited by marcopaulo

Really hoping this falls through hahaa, i don't think it is worth selling someone from our academy so easily

He's a two footed player who has a great engine, strong in the air, solid in the tackle. Technically very very good. I really am worried that we are continuing to see our young talent leave.

He will realise his potential that I believe, unfortunately it wont be with us. Class midfielders nowadays are £30m plus, English too so yeah I'm dissapointed. I just want to know when will this sell to survive stop.

How have we sold him easily? we've got a lot of money for him, which can easily help us bring in 1-2 quality players. And Haf, what "young talent" have we seen leave? we've let a few kids from the academy go and they've gone to Brentford, Tranmere and Crystal palace? they were hardly some super gems of players who the worlds elite were looking at. I said before, i think Rodwell has hit a brick wall in his development, and that can happen to players, so i'm over the moon we've got a decent (not great) some of money for him. all opinions of course..

How have we sold him easily? we've got a lot of money for him, which can easily help us bring in 1-2 quality players. And Haf, what "young talent" have we seen leave? we've let a few kids from the academy go and they've gone to Brentford, Tranmere and Crystal palace? they were hardly some super gems of players who the worlds elite were looking at. I said before, i think Rodwell has hit a brick wall in his development, and that can happen to players, so i'm over the moon we've got a decent (not great) some of money for him. all opinions of course..

Before his injury Rodwell was reallly showing good form and along with his england display you could tell he was going somewhere. I would rather have a young, english evertonian any day that will come good rather than some foreign money seeking player that will leave the first chance he gets.

Edited by Parapluie

Have to agree, and we have to sell to buy at the moment, end of, so why not sell Rodwell, he hasn't shown the form of Fellini, and for all we know he may never. Going by past performances and the have been a few good ones but quite a few bad ones, coupled with the potential injury problems I think we are right to take the money and run

Before his injury Rodwell was reallly showing good form and along with his england display you could tell he was going somewhere. I would rather have a young, english evertonian any day that will come good rather than some foreign money seeking player that will leave the first chance he gets.

And how many of those have we seen at Everton? Moyes knows the type of player (personality wise) he wants, and the money from rodders will help him get that. As for young evertonians, there is always another one coming through (Barkley), Rodwell was really nothing special, he possibly has the potential to be, but i wont hold my breath.

I really wish that I could get worked up about this, one way or the other, but its all a bit meh. *shrugs shoulders*

could have been great, isnt

If he stays fit, wont

Worth 30 mil, isnt

Will set the league on fire , wont

If its 20 mil and if we have a shot at AJ then im ok with it. Happy? No not really. Just a bit meh

why is everyone going on about johnson what the f##k has he done to get this super status,to me hes done nothing.

huh.png Slight over reaction...

People have mentioned him as a possibility coming the other way because a) he has pace b ) isnt playing enough at city and c) We are crying out for a winger! I personally think he would be a good addition, not afraid to run at defenders, has a lot of pace, has a trick in him. Just don't think City will let him go on the cheap. Reminds me a bit of Drenthe actually... just not as cuntish.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

why is everyone going on about johnson what the f##k has he done to get this super status,to me hes done nothing.

Motd highlights make him look like a world beater. Imo he is useful, but not amazing. He'd start for us and add something we've been missing, but that said, he still has a lot to work on.

Becasue He's a good player who on his day is possibly one of the better wingers in this league who's 25 so has time on his side, also dispite what people always say about him never playing played 38 games in total last season for the league champions.

He's not got a super status it's just most people who have seen him play can see he's a very good player on his day and would easily improve our starting line-up from the word go....

Guest blueboy122

Like nearly 90% of blues I will be sad to see him go but its great business for the club, I havent seen rodwell do anything to make me think he is going to be an outstanding player, average at best with his backwards and sidewards passing. By the way Rodwell isnt a blue, he supports manchester united... Unfortunately.

Only when a big name player is sold, it's happened something like twice in the past decade (Rooney and Lescott sales).

I'm in agreement with Ian, it's a good deal for everyone involved.

There will be no animosity from me!

still breaking even and with record income each year. So were not operating at a loss at all.

Haf, that really is a lot of nonsense.