IGNORED

Who Has The Most To Prove?

Lowensda

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=208335

IMO. Beckford. He'll want to prove every doubter he has had through his career; that a step up to the big time is one small step too far. I hope he proves a few wrong (Inc. Myself) and based on his form during our pre-season, i'm more excited than ever about him (especialy when we first signed him). Looking forward to seeing him banging a few in ;)

Edited by tenaciousj

bily, beckford and anichebe(not on the list i know)

vic and bily have to prove now they are worthy of stickin around and dont just have the odd great game...beckford just to prove his doubters wrong..and in some ways the yak too he has to prove he is still the goalscorer we know we have somewhere

I would defintely agree with the comments above about Billy and Beckford but I think Vaughan would pip it for me... He basically has this season to show that he has been worth all the work and patience and he has to prove that to himself as well as the gaffer and the fans. Its a massive season for him, and if he doesnt play, or not perform when he does he will most likely be gone by February, if not September...

http://www.everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=208335

IMO. Beckford. He'll want to prove every doubter he has had through his career; that a step up to the big time is one small step too far. I hope he proves a few wrong (Inc. Myself) and based on his form during our pre-season, i'm more excited than ever about him (especialy when we first signed him). Looking forward to seeing him banging a few in ;)

Pretty much what I would say. But, I also think Beckford will be huge this year. He looked good in my view during the preseason. Seems like he wants it.

Guest Blue4You

Surely every player will be wanting to prove themselves now that we have competition for places. It's all quite exciting and a feeling not experienced in our team for a while.

Rodwell and Coleman will want to get their feet firmly under the table, as will Beckford. These 3 players could prove a turning point for our future success.

The same 3 for me as most really.

Bily has shown moments of genius with some stunning goals and some lovely long balls and through balls at times but he has struggled to get to grips with the pace of the league and the came can leave him behind at times. He's clearly not really a winger as he doesn't have the pace or the ability/confidence to take people on and his tracking back has been generally poor. He can't behind hide positional excuses though and must try to develop his game enough to get his name on the team sheet week in week out.

Beckford really need to prove to all those doubting him and to himself that he can make it at the top, both Leeds and Everton fans have said he won't be up to it, he's so far looked very handy from what i've seen but must get that final finish to go with his good running and creation of space for chances.

Anichebe was written off pre season last year by everyone, including it seemed moyes but he's now come back and played a lot of preseason games as right attacking mid, he has a lot to prove quality wise before anyone would be putting him in our first 11 every week but it's up to him to prove he has the ability and mentality to do it.

The only other person really IF he stays is Yakubu who needs to prove that he's still able to perform at his best for us and get goals.

The same 3 for me as most really.

Bily has shown moments of genius with some stunning goals and some lovely long balls and through balls at times but he has struggled to get to grips with the pace of the league and the came can leave him behind at times. He's clearly not really a winger as he doesn't have the pace or the ability/confidence to take people on and his tracking back has been generally poor. He can't behind hide positional excuses though and must try to develop his game enough to get his name on the team sheet week in week out.

Beckford really need to prove to all those doubting him and to himself that he can make it at the top, both Leeds and Everton fans have said he won't be up to it, he's so far looked very handy from what i've seen but must get that final finish to go with his good running and creation of space for chances.

Anichebe was written off pre season last year by everyone, including it seemed moyes but he's now come back and played a lot of preseason games as right attacking mid, he has a lot to prove quality wise before anyone would be putting him in our first 11 every week but it's up to him to prove he has the ability and mentality to do it.

The only other person really IF he stays is Yakubu who needs to prove that he's still able to perform at his best for us and get goals.

not me :P

Bily has the most to prove in my opinion. His price tag and his international status make hime stand out alone. If people were prepared to give him a year, a la Fellaini, as a settling in period before people cast judgement then the same can be offered to Beckford. In other words it may take him a year to come to terms with the pace of the Premier League. Bily has undoubted class and skill and this year he really has to show it, especially as there is competition for places now and younger lads showing desire to get in the team. Is it that the left wing slot, the place that can offer him some assurance in the team, requires some competition. If so then that may need to be addressed.

Bily- He needs to prove his worth all that money we spent on him. He was impressive towards the end of last year and I think he will continue to get better this year. His success is greatly important, as I think he can pressure Pienaar to make up his mind about signing a new contract. If Bily proves himself, Pienaar will not be able to play games with us like he has.

Yakubu- I think Yakubu needs to perform better this year, and if he cannot get into form, he knows that he could be sold. If Beckford plays well, it will really put pressure on the Yak to perform.

Beckford- he needs to prove himself. If he does, he will pressure Yakubu and Anichebe to perform.

Vaughan- James needs to stay healthy and perform when he gets the opportunity, because right now, this year will make or break his career. If he doesn't perform, he will be sold to a club that plays in a lower level league, and won't be in a position to make a name for himself. If he does extremely well, he can get more time at Everton or sign with a top-level club.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1307441/Russia-coach-Dick-Advocaat-tells-Premier-League-trio-Youre-rotting-bench.html

Piss off 'Advocaat', if your players want to put some bloody effort in every now and then, then maybe they wouldn't be sitting on the bench. Another reason Bily should prove himself, because at this rate he isn't even going to get into the national team... ;)