IGNORED

Aston Villa (Home)

marcopaulo

Moyes has said he expects Cahill to start upfront. I hope he is bluffing, but if he isnt then we really are going to struggle. Villa have a big strong defence, which will nullify any threat he can cause, although as always, Timmy will have a bloody good go!

A bit dissapointed that he wont use the new lad, judging purely on Moyes pre-match comments, I dont think he is going to be up to much so I wouldnt hold your breath.

My optimism is begining to fade on this one.

Cahill has a excellent record against Villa is the only plus i can see here, 2-0 to us with Cahill and Barkley stunner..

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have a good one/bad one situation with the loan signings. I am genuinely optimistic about Drenthe, he may not have played much while at Real but he has undoubted speed and power, and seems very eager to get his fitness up. Of course the publicity spin will be that he's really up for playing for Everton but I don't think it's a facade. He has probably spoken to Johnny and can see the talent throughout the squad. He's probably also realised that a pacy winger is one of 2 things we are missing to realistically finish in a europa League spot, or get to a cup final.

i have my doubts about Stracqualursi though, seems like another Zigic. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but both these lads will need a good 4-6 weeks training before they are up to fitness, so really we can't give judge them until at least January. I can see Drenthe playing a big part for us this season though. I'm already smiling at the prospect of him and Baines exchanging one-two's down the left, tearing teams apart.

As for the game, the boost of having Gueye, Coleman and Baines back in the squad has made me more confident over tomorrow. All the same Given has kept a lot fo clean sheets lately and we lack firepower, hopefully we'll take our chances tomorrow. I'm going for 2-1.

Sorry to disappoint you Lads but Bent, Given and Dunne are all going to be available for this game so we will be at full strength, and i think we could take all 3 points from this game! Gabby's on fire on the left and our defence looks back to its best so beware!

Having said that Tim Cahill is a major worry for me, a quality player who can change a game and he has punished us before,

anyhow good luck guys (cant really say that with much conviction lol) and we will see on Saturday!

Dunne's playing?, great!. Good chance he'll give away a penalty.

So, Johnny is injured also. He played whole 90 minutes vs Finland, didnt injure there. Window is closed, so even i think its made up, i cant see why. Bothe newcomers right up to starting xi. What about Seamus? Ppl speaks that he might be back today? We would definitely need him on right and drop Ossie then.

If Coleman really is fit ill go:

Howard

Hibbo, Jags, Distin,Baines

Coleman, Felli,Drenthe

Cahill,Bily

Stra-Ka-Qua-Lur-SI

smile.png

This formation cause, Hibbo is better in defending than Nev, could be missing Nevs leadership thought. We need Colemans workrate to rightside, he will also work on defensively. This formation would also fit best for both, Bily and TImmy, always either of them would be with attacking and either defending lower on midfield, both of them are threat on attack, Timmys workrate is better for defensive way. I know Moysie aint never going to try things liket his, but i hope he reads TT and copies this biggrin.png

EDit: Hmm is Maggie also fit ? Hopefully he will get in from bench also, some 25 minutes run for him may be?

EDIT2: Im getting Very drunk snd Excited COYB

Edited by LexKing

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman, Bilyaletdinov, Cahill

THis is our confirmed XI? Or your opinion? If this is the confirmed, im REALLY DISAPPOINTED.

Edot: from all toher things that Bainesy can play.

Edited by LexKing

Surely they had a pre season? Maybe we will see them with ten minutes to go... Hopefully not a goal down.

Surely Coleman can't be fit in the same sense?

Don't think either have them have played much if at all in 2 months. Drenthe especially was shut out from Madrid and had been training alone for the past month.

what a joke over in aus they are showing every game live other then the everton game fuck!!!!!

Is this part of the reason why when I just looked for links I can find some for every game bar ours??

FFS I found more links for west ham v portsmouth than for ours guess they know this aint gonna be a classic eh?

Can anyone help me??

Edited by Blue Oz