IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Guest Nikica

United 1-0 down 5th could be sealed today.

I'm finding it very funny that Redcafe are always congratulating themselves on being the best football site on the net (lol), yet practically all of them wanted a tactically naive Ryan Giggs appointed as manager based on the 'evidence' of beating a terrible Norwich side at home (after struggling to break them down until the penalty was given). Now we are seeing what Giggs is all about.

Clueless bunch - from Giggs to his staff to Redcafe.

Only discovered today that the plastics had lost their semi-final return game after inadvertently reading a side article in a news publication. At least there'll be no repeat of that criminal performance from before with ten behind the ball and bore the crowd to fucking sleep in that "win" over Bayern Munich a year or two back. Got what you deserved.

Eventful day for domestic action elsewhere today with Cardiff City / Fulham seeing a relegation and more despair for Manchester United followers. Van Gaal taking over by all accounts so they got themselves a good name to establish themselves once again after David Moyes' misadventures.

Guest Nikica

Real Madrid vs Valencia was excellent last night, high-quality football which I really enjoyed. Valencia were passing the ball well and Real Madrid looked good on the break.

Brilliant finish by Ronaldo. However, it irritates me that he can miss chance after chance, costing Real Madrid chances to carve open other teams, yet when he finally scores his goal, people go on about how he has 'saved them'. That's nonsense. It's similar to Gerrard apparently 'dragging' Liverpool back into games with late screamers, despite the fact that his inability to control the game made the late screamer necessary in the first place. I do think that some football fans have a terrible bias towards these type of all-action players and that their more subtle teams mates don't get the credit they deserve. This is part of why I don't rate Ronaldo and Gerrard (for example) quite as highly as many others do.

Also found it funny and ironic when Ronaldo shouted at Morata for not passing to him. What was funnier was Morata completely refusing to even acknowledge him. I get the feeling Ronaldo is a player who is tolerated by Real Madrid fans and players simply because of how good he is. I doubt many of them actually like him.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

Their defence has cost them all season. Even if they'd won 3-0 tonight they'd likely have lost the title on GD due to having conceded almost ten goals more than Man City.

Someone must've handed a mirror to Suarez when the game was over - I'd hide my fucking face also..

although this seasons thespian award would seem to be won..

Managed to keep up with some action this night but not until the game was in it's closing stages. Don't expect Manchester City to throw it away now with simple enough home fixtures against two poor opposition sides but tonight should be the deciding factor in this years championship race.

Giving a totally unambiguous response on the last few days action - fuck them in all sincerity.