IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

@efc_helenmayo: @essayeff @ric_wee @Everton We've asked Ric to let us know which lounge h is in and are awaiting reply.

@efc_helenmayo: @grandoldteam @essayeff @ric_wee @Everton We've found him. And are taking him to meet some of his heroes right now.

Everton class as always

What's that all about?

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't for the life of me understand why any one would complain about us running these initiatives to grab young fans when it's the youngsters we need to attract to keep our fan base up.

Personally, I think the club are doing a great job with all these pre-game and half-time things. And it's not all just about grabbing the kids to Everton, they get older fans to pay money as well. So while we don't have a stadium with lavish corporate facilities etc we need these things to bring the money in. I did think a couple of the Spanish themed things we did when Roberto first arrived were a bit gimmicky and tacky but I didn't see it as anything to complain about because it showed that the people at the club who run the off field PR stuff were getting their act together by taking advantage of something that we could attract fans with, and get attention brought our way.

I hope they keep going with all these things, and I hope Myers isn't put off Twitter etc for long, because we're going in the right direction.

I just can't for the life of me understand why any one would complain about us running these initiatives to grab young fans when it's the youngsters we need to attract to keep our fan base up.

Personally, I think the club are doing a great job with all these pre-game and half-time things. And it's not all just about grabbing the kids to Everton, they get older fans to pay money as well. So while we don't have a stadium with lavish corporate facilities etc we need these things to bring the money in. I did think a couple of the Spanish themed things we did when Roberto first arrived were a bit gimmicky and tacky but I didn't see it as anything to complain about because it showed that the people at the club who run the off field PR stuff were getting their act together by taking advantage of something that we could attract fans with, and get attention brought our way.

I hope they keep going with all these things, and I hope Myers isn't put off Twitter etc for long, because we're going in the right direction.

I think its great in the modern game when you see players of both teams walking onto the pitch hand in hand with the kids. Its an experience that those kids will remember for the rest of their lives. How things change. Back in 1948, when I was 12, I was watching a game at Goodison. I was behind the wall at the pitch side. Peter Corr the Everton winger got injured right in front of me and came off the pitch for treatment. When it was all over, I saw that they had left the piece of tape which Peter Corr had used to tie-up his socks. This would be the perfect souvenier for my Everton collection. Tantalising, it was just out of my reach. Then a policeman came along so I shouted 'sir, can you pass me that tape please'. He looked at me, then at the tape, then back at me and in a very stern voice he said 'that would be stealing'. How things change - fortunately!

3 Reasons Why Everton will Beat Cardiff

High flying Everton at home to struggling Cardiff – surely a cert?

1. Everton will be looking to bounce back after last week’s FA Cup loss to Arsenal.

2. Everton haven’t lost at home since December in the league.

3. Cardiff haven’t won away in the league since September and that was against bottom club Fulham who they also beat at home last week.

www.hotfootballpredictions.co.uk

3 Reasons Why Everton will Beat Cardiff

High flying Everton at home to struggling Cardiff – surely a cert?

1. Everton will be looking to bounce back after last week’s FA Cup loss to Arsenal.

2. Everton haven’t lost at home since December in the league.

3. Cardiff haven’t won away in the league since September and that was against bottom club Fulham who they also beat at home last week.

www.hotfootballpredictions.co.uk

Having home advantage over an opposition side in a lower league position in no guarantee of success. In fact Everton have often struggled against lesser sides (particularly at Goodison) the last year or two, and raise their game against more heavyweight opposition - so be prepared for anything

#1 Yes they will, but don't expect three points on a plate. Cardiff won't be there to just make up the numbers. Enduring a significant defeat is no signal the losing team will bounce back in their next game and provide a win - in actual fact, it can sometimes have the reverse effect

#2 December is all too recent - can't build up for much of an unbeaten streak in such a short space of time - since August or September you'd have a real case on your hands.

#3 Is that a guarantee they'll just arrive in Liverpool and allow us to walk all over them ?. Can never read too much into statistics - and these things have to end sooner or later - don't they.

• 2 weeks later...

Everton have had the top scorer in the top flight more often than any other club. 12 times in total, Arsenal second with 11. Bit of pointless trivia I noticed when looking at some football league records on Wikipedia. (Bored at work, and yep pretty sad too haha).

I fucking love being an Evertonian you know.

I know there's a lot I moan about but I wouldn't swap being a blue for anything. I genuinely believe we have an amazing a special set of fans for the most part and despite the many off field shit points we're a great club.

Can't put into words just how I want us to achieve something. I feel we, as a club, deserve it and would appreciate it more than most.

I also love you all on here. Even the members I've had tiffs with. You're all blues and that makes you special.

Onwards and upwards, Evertonians.

No, I'm not pissed, just had a burst of Everton love and felt this was the best place for it :).

Well said!

I fucking love being an Evertonian you know.

I know there's a lot I moan about but I wouldn't swap being a blue for anything. I genuinely believe we have an amazing a special set of fans for the most part and despite the many off field shit points we're a great club.

Can't put into words just how I want us to achieve something. I feel we, as a club, deserve it and would appreciate it more than most.

I also love you all on here. Even the members I've had tiffs with. You're all blues and that makes you special.

Onwards and upwards, Evertonians.

No, I'm not pissed, just had a burst of Everton love and felt this was the best place for it :).

top man!

couldn't imagine supporting any other club nor would i want to imagine it...and it could have been so different was just pure chance!

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mick-quinn-newcastle-united-need-6888101

Anybody associated with Newcastle and the media of late, sound like right idiots.

No one has the right to be above other teams, no preferential treatments. You need to earn it. And unfortunately Quinn, your team (Newcastle) don't fucking deserve it.

Bellend.