IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

It actually looks like a badge on an Everton shirt you could buy for €10 from a market trader in Benidorm.

Reminds me of Only Fools and Horses when Del Boy enters Rodneys painting of marble arch to win a holiday abroad with a load of kids.

People have been complaining to the club via email about the design. This is the response they receive:

As our fans have come to expect, we are consistently looking at ways to develop and progress the Club.

Fans know that our work is diligent and consultative.

They also know that we will update them, on all matters, as soon as we can. We will remain true to both principles.

No denial.

Without stating the obvious, it's all about change. It occurs in all walks of life, and it's not something for everyone. As someone said (on the TW link) it's dependant on taste. Some actually like it. We're not the only ones for this, in that a badge or crest change occurs. (There's a woman on Who wants to be a Millionaire who is on the million pound question), Where was I, that's right, every now and again a team crest change occurs, and there's not a lot that supporters can do about it. They can protest and sign petitions, but invariably won't make a whole lot of difference.

Chickened out the £1,000,000 question damn it. Took the money , but that's about it for the badge issue it looks like.

Has to be said again, I don't think much of it, and can appreciate supporters complaints on this.

Simply because I think it looks shite. I'm not part of the crowd that are kicking off about the 'NSNO' and wreaths being taken off the badge as I'm happy for change it's just that I think the new badge looks like one sent in from a 5 year old hoping to win a prize.

Liverpool changed their badge last year so if we are going to change ours it has to be a similar standard to theirs otherwise we'll become the laughing stock. I don't actually know what I'd want from a new badge as I'm more than happy with the one we have now I just know that I hate the one that's been rumored at the moment.

It's not really a joke. It's not even a laughing matter. Just feel myself the size strikes you as incorrect at first glance. Not as overly troubled by the 'Nil Satis' omission as some. Yes it does look like it was designed by some kindergarten occupant than some professional effort but didn't they say they were happy to go with a 'basic design'. Guess that's what we have ourselves.

It's not so much a rumor anymore, as confirmed ? It was mentioned last night ?, so looks like it's a done deal now ?

Simply because I think it looks shite.

In two years you'll be comfortable with it; in five years you'll forget the old one and in ten years you'll be up in arms when the club change it.

It's all about perception and familiarity.....all this nonsense (not including you in this) about letting go of "NSNO" when it's been a really recent addition and has no tradition on the badge is absurd to me.

Hopefully we'll all be around for a decade or so to see who's rightwink.png.

I don't have a decade.

Apart from the 1980s, which I'm watching now, but you understand enough.

Had another look at it, and the key word is 'fundamental' which is what they have presented with the new design. I don't have a real issue with it, and what others see of things is their business, but there really is room for improvement on that.

It's all about perception and familiarity.....all this nonsense (not including you in this) about letting go of "NSNO" when it's been a really recent addition and has no tradition on the badge is absurd to me.

I agree with you on that part. My only reason for not wanting the badge is that I personally don't like it - the argument about the 'NSNO' is as you say absurd.

As an indicator of the absolute dickheads who work at the club it's quite scary. To me the whole set up appears to be run by fuckin amateurs, unbelievable. I actually thought it was a joke to start with, clearly not.

Yeah we can get over the badge etc etc, but what processes go on behind the scenes at our club?! I've been involved in proof reading and sampling from marketing and in all my years I've never seen such a shite piece of work. It's a characature.

its not grown on me since I first saw it, not one iota. It looks like a 5 yr old kids entry to a schools art competition. Its fat, misshapen, cheap looking... Im still hoping this is some cruel joke.

Mind you, I thought the Nike kit looked shite before I saw it in person, maybe when its on a shirt it will soften the blow *crosses everything possible and mutters prayers to anything that will listen*

The more I see that badge the worse it gets.

I'd like next years top to have a collar, Nike polos have really improved in the last few years. If the badge is purely down to cutting cost I'd rather see something on the lines of the '86 badge but iron on instead of the awfully expensive embroidery (that gives the top some justice for the £50 price tag).

31293570_small.jpg

It's not about cost cutting...shirts are probably about 25p each to make in the far east and once you're tooled up to make a badge there'll be virtually no difference between making a simple one or a more "complex" one.

(Unless of course we had a line of Thai virgins lovingly hand sewing "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" on each onetongue.png)