IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

It won't change and this will be our crest going forward, so as much as I hate it and will swiftly refuse to buy the plethora of merch that I do most years, nothing we do will change it. Petitions or otherwise.

It's like the outcry of the London 2012 logo...people hated it, "waste of tax payers money", "Lisa Simpson sucking off Bart"...etc. but it wasn't changed.

The club will have spent a serious wedge on resources, designing it, consulting in house, business expenses to America and wherever to liaiase with Nike and other manufacturers about the new logo....a shed load of the clubs cash would have been spent on it, so to think it'll be changed is pointless.

I HATE it actually, it makes me angry. Really angry but the reality is, we're stuck with it an we'll have to grow to love it.

I'm disappointed with the club more than anything an what makes it worse is their persistence that it was chosen by 'fans'...which according to 99% of the fan base, isn't true.

I wish they'd have created 5/6 different designs and put it up for a general vote. That way, even if one design wins by a minority, you still know that, that amount of people would be 'bought into' the design.

Crystal Palace did this earlier in the year, to determine their new crest and it was massively successful...so much so, they took design elements from the 'top' designs and merged them together to keep everyone happy. Well played in my eyes.

Everton. "The people's club". You've let the people down.

They paid a lot of money to a company for the design. They could have sent it to a local school, and got more original artwork.

Ok. Haven't really read into how it was designed. Was just commenting in the actual final picture. When peeps dont like a design the school kid thing always comes out. I remember the same with the olympic logo. I understand where your comin from though.

That's right, belittle fellow blues for having concerns. Well played, sir.

Erm...no!!! Belittle?!! Bit over the top. Honestly, I apologise if this has hit yours and others sensitive side. But I cant help but feel that just because I dare to like it...based purely on the image not the politics (for reference, I disagree 100% with the bullshit approach the club have taken with this...yet again giving shit loads of ammo to the haters!), I'll get that sort of response.

Whatever the design was going to be, do you really think that everyone would like it? Nah. As mentioned earlier on, whack 6 designs up and let fans choose. All 6 will get votes. Guess what? Only one will be used...so the voters of the other 5 will be unhappy etc etc.

I dont disagree with those who dislike it, I just think that whatever decision gets made by the club in any aspect of the club will get rubbished here or there. Not sure if I have worded that right or got my point across correctly. Anyway...goin in the gym now....!!!

No, the point is that no one is criticising you, or anyone else, for liking it. It's you that has the problem with people not liking it! You've completely dismissed that view in a condescending manner.

Edit - let me ask you something. When you're bothered about an issue surrounding the club but another person doesn't find it a concern and simply dismisses it, will you think that's fair?

Edited by Romey 1878

No, the point is that no one is criticising you, or anyone else, for liking it. It's you that has the problem with people not liking it! You've completely dismissed that view in a condescending manner.

Edit - let me ask you something. When you're bothered about an issue surrounding the club but another person doesn't find it a concern and simply dismisses it, will you think that's fair?

I have a problem with people liking it do i??? You've got that totally 100% bollock knacker knicker twisted wrong. Absolutely utterly wrong.

'dismissed that view in a condescending manner'...Im gonna pick my words carefully here as I have a feeling your likely to twist my words a bit...maybe your up for a fight this morning, i dont know...but if i was to condescend towards you guys I would be behaving patronizingly or agreeing to do something as a favour. I dont think I have....or have i?!!!

And your question...if I was your manager or 'superior', and you raised a concern with me, and I dismissed it out of hand, without taking any notice etc...that would be unfair. But as this is a totally different situation, and I havent dismissed anything, nor am I in a position to dismiss anything as I am just another fan on another forum, then the question doesnt seem to relevant.

My very original comment was more about the fact that there will always be people unhappy in this situation, no matter what actions the club do or dont take, and at the moment, that unhappeniness runs deeper than the badge...it is, maybe quite rightly, an unhappiness from a number of other events...if that makes sense?!

Lol not up for a fight at all, Newty. Just didnt like your original post which was dismissive - saying people who have signed that petition are probably the same people who will whinge no matter who the new manager is suggests you think people are moaning for the sake of moaning and that their opinion on this is baseless.

Edit - and personally, my unhappiness about the badge is entirely to do with the badge and nothing else. Yes, I'm not a fan of the club owners but they haven't come in to my thinking on this at all. I do t even think the club is the most to blame on this, I think Nike have steamrolled the club into it tbh.

Edited by Romey 1878

Lol not up for a fight at all, Newty. Just didnt like your original post which was dismissive - saying people who have signed that petition are probably the same people who will whinge no matter who the new manager is suggests you think people are moaning for the sake of moaning and that their opinion on this is baseless.

Edit - and personally, my unhappiness about the badge is entirely to do with the badge and nothing else. Yes, I'm not a fan of the club owners but they haven't come in to my thinking on this at all. I do t even think the club is the most to blame on this, I think Nike have steamrolled the club into it tbh.

I like the LOL!!!

I write that original post at 12.50am...after watching the Froch Kessler fight, long day...couldnt be arsed to add more depth to it. But also didnt think it would be read into so much. And actually, unlike what you quote above, i said nothing about others opinions being baseless. I have explained what was meant in my previous posts!!! Take more notice.

And.....!!! Be careful what you label people with, you've got me labeled totally wrong. As someone who will quite happily, and i have said this in the begging thread, contribute some coin to the forumon Tuesday, you as a moderator and rep of the forum might want to do your PR a bit better!!!

Im quite happy to leave it at that...

Back to the topic...The PR around the badge has been a nightmare. And if Nike are holding a strong influence, then thats a shame. At the same time, if we want the money to come in from these big firms then we have to give some leeway. I guess thats the dirty world of business.

Shane Duffy's rubbing people up the wrong way on twitter with his comments.

Paraphrased: Forget it and move on, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Get behind the team. I don't think the badge is as bad as people say.

I like the LOL!!!

I write that original post at 12.50am...after watching the Froch Kessler fight, long day...couldnt be arsed to add more depth to it. But also didnt think it would be read into so much. And actually, unlike what you quote above, i said nothing about others opinions being baseless. I have explained what was meant in my previous posts!!! Take more notice.

And.....!!! Be careful what you label people with, you've got me labeled totally wrong. As someone who will quite happily, and i have said this in the begging thread, contribute some coin to the forumon Tuesday, you as a moderator and rep of the forum might want to do your PR a bit better!!!

Im quite happy to leave it at that...

Back to the topic...The PR around the badge has been a nightmare. And if Nike are holding a strong influence, then thats a shame. At the same time, if we want the money to come in from these big firms then we have to give some leeway. I guess thats the dirty world of business.

I didn't say that's what you said, I said that's what it suggested. Take more notice eh? ;).

So I should not disagree or question with a poster because they may donate? Get real.

And we don't get big money from this Nike deal, unfortunately. We get £3m a year. That's it. We've gone with them more for what their name shows outsiders rather than financial gain.

Shane Duffy's rubbing people up the wrong way on twitter with his comments.

Paraphrased: Forget it and move on, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. Get behind the team. I don't think the badge is as bad as people say.

I dispise the "get behind the team" shout that's carted out whenever someone is unhappy about something the club has done. We're always behind the team and the badge (and being annoyed about it) won't change that.

Duffy should think before he speaks.

I didn't say that's what you said, I said that's what it suggested. Take more notice eh? ;).

So I should not disagree or question with a poster because they may donate? Get real.

And we don't get big money from this Nike deal, unfortunately. We get £3m a year. That's it. We've gone with them more for what their name shows outsiders rather than financial gain.

Oh now c'mon...this is pathetically petty!!! Lets rise above it.

Genuine question...how much have previous kit deals been worth?

I can live with that badge. Kit looks ok. It could have been worse.

Less than this one. But for the influence that they seem to have over us you'd expect us to see more benefit.

Generally, do we know what kit deals are worth

for other clubs?

I would guess that no matter what the deal value, the kit company would influence things in some way. Would be interesting to see if any other clubs who are signed to nike have also changed their badge, either now or in the past. Then that would be a gauge of the influence???

I still think it looks shite, but after seeing it on that polo and hoody, it doesnt look as bad as i thought it would

I think it looks too big, a bit bloated tbh. Probably due to the Everton being inside the crest. That's what's making me dislike it as much as I do. Not the lack of laurels or the motto.

for other clubs?

I would guess that no matter what the deal value, the kit company would influence things in some way. Would be interesting to see if any other clubs who are signed to nike have also changed their badge, either now or in the past. Then that would be a gauge of the influence???

I think the deals for other clubs was posted a while back. Was it you, Louis? And we didn't fair too well if I remember rightly.

I think it looks too big, a bit bloated tbh. Probably due to the Everton being inside the crest. That's what's making me dislike it as much as I do. Not the lack of laurels or the motto.

Yeah i know what you mean. I also dont like how the tower is black, with the black outline aswell. I know we started off playing in black so it has some historic value, but i think it just looks odd. Saying that, i hope we have a black kit again this year!

Even if the "EVERTON" in white had a black outline to it, that would help it a little. Seem's to lack the little details.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Yeah i know what you mean. I also dont like how the tower is black, with the black outline aswell. I know we started off playing in black so it has some historic value, but i think it just looks odd. Saying that, i hope we have a black kit again this year!

The tower is the only bit of the new badge I like tbh. It's closer in relation to the real thing eg squat rather than tall.

for other clubs?

Just realised that Arsenal are with Nike and they chanted their badge. Also to a cartoony thing like ours.